Topic: startrek voyager 4x21  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
startrek voyager 4x21
« on: January 04, 2008, 10:15:04 pm »
in star trek voyager janeway says that she understand how Einstein devolved the "A" bomb and how marcus developed the genesis device and that the watch helplessly when it turn to use for destruction, the genesis device was never use for destruction, khan use it to lure kirk to him but the genesis devise explode in a nebula creating the genesis device, spock sacrifice himself to safe the ship but its not genesis who was responsible for that, so genesis was never use for destruction.

did marcus or anyone else try to reproduce the genesis device?

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
Re: startrek voyager 4x21
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 10:43:48 pm »
Khan did try and use the genesis device as a weapon, he just failed.  I think that the intent of use is what was impllied.  The genesis device also did destroy the nebula that it was detenated in. 
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 06:47:04 am »
i don't know if Khan was willing to use it as a weapon or not, for the nebula who cares, there nothing there, also in st3 why is marcus was not aboard the grissom with david?

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 10:59:11 am »
i don't know if Khan was willing to use it as a weapon or not, for the nebula who cares, there nothing there, also in st3 why is marcus was not aboard the grissom with david?

regardless of whether or not Kahn intended to use the genesis device as a weapon, the fact remained that a device which exterminated all life on a planet and remade the planet to suit the devices creators had too much potential as a doomsday weapon.  As for why Carol was not aboard the Grissom, probably because they only needed one co-creator for the survey, and she was not necessary for the plot of the story.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 11:55:27 am »

Knight storm is correct on this one. To be honest, and I know It sounds cliche, but the books fill in so much more about these things. RATBOY, did an wonderfull time line awhile back, that merged the Shows/Movies and books. If you can find it, It's well worth a read.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War