Topic: WoW  (Read 1166 times)

Offline S'Raek

• Commander
WoW
« on: November 20, 2007, 08:29:58 pm »
OK, the son has changed his mind.  He now wants WoW for Christmas.  Any comments on this game?  Is it OK for a younger gamer?  Not to difficult so that he will get bored with it?  Does it cost a monthly fee?  If so, how much? 

Thanks in advance. 

Veritas vos Liberabit -- Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
Re: WoW
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 09:34:15 pm »
Yes it costs a monthly fee.  You can pay 50 dollars a month or get a 90 day card for 120...

Just kidding.

Is there a monthly fee to play the game?
Yes. After the end of the free month included with the game, you need a subscription in order to continue playing the game. There are three subscription options: a month-to-month package at $14.99 per month, a three-month plan at $13.99 per month, and a six-month plan at $12.99 per month. The subscription fees for the three-month plan and the six-month plan must be paid in full.

Why isn't World of Warcraft free?
The fee is used to support the costs associated with the high-quality levels of service, support, and ongoing content creation that go into World of Warcraft.

Are there multiple methods of payment?
Yes, customers can pay their subscription fees using credit cards, PayPal, and pre-paid game cards, which can be purchased in many game and electronics stores. Other payment types may be added in the future.

Is there a version of World of Warcraft for the Mac?
Yes.

Can I use my World of Warcraft discs on my Mac and PC?
Yes, the discs are compatible with both Mac and PC.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/faq/general.html

Also note

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20484
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 03:34:16 am »
A lot of Alcohol references.  If you are comfortable with that.  Some of the /silly comments are a bit inappropriate.  Sexually suggestive.

And of course, the "children"...god I hate the Children in that game...  The ones that think swearing for swearings sake is cool.  Fortunately there is a language filter.  But then the Trade channel is filled with @^%#^!!
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline GE-Raven

• Lord God Emperor for Life of the Taldren SETI Group
  • D.Net VIP
  • Commander
  • The cause of AND solution to life's problems
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 10:11:11 am »
I love it... some innuendo, but nothing that is above Prime Time TV and if the kid is in public school... yeah, they won't learn anything new in WOW.

WoW is my First MMORPG and I absolutely love it!

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 01:05:39 pm »
Lord of the Ring Online is better than WoW (IMO).  The visuals are just absolutely stunning, and the entire game is designed with the 'feel' of Tolkein's middle earth (just ask anyone who has done the Shire quests of delivering pies from one part of the shire to the other, or the Elvish quest where you help two brothers resolve their argument over whether to stay in middle earth or to sail into the west).  It really is total immersion into Middle Earth and quite fun as well. 
He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 04:21:09 pm »

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 06:58:39 pm »
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."