Topic: Second Life: What The?!?!?!?!  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Beeblebrox

• Existential Warfare
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Second Life: What The?!?!?!?!
« on: November 21, 2007, 10:05:35 am »
Ok, on the advice of several of my friends I decided to give this Second Life thing a shot.  I signed up for the free account and installed the game.  Now I'm completely lost and this game is not making things any easier.  Movement is jerky and choppy and starts several seconds after the relevant button is pushed.  Chat typing is slow and clunky and lags behind by several letters.  The prompts and tips fade in slowly and clicking on them is very clunky and laggy.  I tried to customize my avatar's appearance and the option windows that came up simply flash colors and shapes that have nothing to do with whatever I'm trying to modify:  i.e. attempting to alter my skin tone and being shown pictures of knightly shields.  Clothes and colors and bizarre skin colors, patterns and textures change constantly on my avatar during attempts to customize it.  To add insult to injury, when I tried to log into the Second Life forums to get some help I was told I needed to log on---after I had already logged on.  I know the graphics issues can't be on my end.  This computer successfully runs the Hitman game and the stuff in Second Life is nowhere near as complex.   

This game looks like it could be fun if only crap like this could be ironed out.  If anyone has any tips I would sincerely appreciate them.  Thanks in advance. 
"Out swords and to work with all!"---Cyrano de Bergerac