Topic: Possibility for mods on SFC1?  (Read 3330 times)

Offline deridex120

• Ensign
Possibility for mods on SFC1?
« on: October 19, 2007, 05:52:36 pm »
Ok, so im wanting to add new weapons to starfleet command 1. i dont see why you cant, but i simply dont know how.  is it possible?
heres what im trying to make:
Gravimetric torpedo
Quantom torpedo
Phaser 5
Phaser 6
Phaser 7
Breen weapon (divides available ship's power by 8)

further more, im trying to make a map for "custom skirmish"  can anyone help me out there either?

if anyone can help, please email me at Warbird2000i@aol.com
-thanks

yochenhsieh

Re: Possibility for mods on SFC1?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 09:47:30 pm »
No. You cannot add new weapons to any of the sfc games, including sfc1.

To make skirmish missions, you can use Fleet Mission Script Editor:
http://sfc.strategyplanet.gamespy.com/editing.shtml

You cannot make new maps.

Offline deridex120

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 06:00:56 pm »
I tried FMSE. but EVERY time i get something configured, and am ready to make the actual script, it gives me some error message saying it cant find something or another.

if chris jones can make fancy mods for SFC games, and change just about everything about them, how come we cant add weapons?  i asked him for help, but he's never answered to me.  too good to at least say "sorry too busy to help" i guess.

yochenhsieh

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 06:24:59 pm »
You just can't. There is no way to ADD new weapons to any sfc game, whether SFC1, 2, OP, or 3.

Check Chris Jones' mod yourself. Do you see any NEW weapons? (Renamed weapon doesn't count.)

Offline deridex120

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 09:07:32 pm »
hm.. can i at least change weapon damage values? i tried it in "sfbspc13" but didnt notice any change in damage, or charge time.

yochenhsieh

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 08:51:21 am »
Sorry, only SFC3 can change damage value. The charge time and damage value cannot be changed in SFC1/2/OP.

Offline deridex120

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 02:56:39 pm »
Very well then. do you know of any similar games to SFC, as in gameplay, and control type, that WOULD allow you to add/change ships, and add/change weapons?
ive noticed, that newer star trek games have less and less freedom.  with starfleet command 1, you can do custom skirmishes, and if you want to sit in space by yourself you could.  with starfleet command 3, you cant. plus its just not the same as part 1.  i tried legacy, but my computer had a hard time with it, even though its brand new.  any ideas?

yochenhsieh

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 06:56:32 pm »
Nexus: the Jupiter Incident
http://nexusthegame.com/

Please visit the forum there for further discussion, as it would be off-topic here.