Topic: MMO: Gods and Heros Canceled - Does this Spell Dome for Star Trek Online?  (Read 1272 times)

Offline VanZan

• Klingon Captain
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Man is by nature a political animal
    • Outpostraders/Section8
Perpetual Entertainment has indefinitely delayed (essentially canceled) Gods and Heroes. The company will continue work on their development platform and Star Trek Online, and continue its operations in the same San Francisco studio under the same management. Gods and Heroes: Rome Rising, though, is no more.

Link here
http://www.warcry.com/articles/view/breakingnews/2324-Breaking-News-Perpetual-Acquired-Gods-and-Heroes-Likely-Canceled

This cant be good, they laid off there people a little under a few weeks ago to only hear that they were pushing the release date to canceling Gods & Heros. A day later there is an official announcment on the front of Trek Movies here:

Link here
http://trekmovie.com/2007/10/10/perpetual-put-launch-title-on-hold-to-focus-on-star-trek-online/

I know everyone here are Startrek Fans, though iam not sure if any of you have been following this though if you have iam sorry to say it doesnt look good.

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
I don't know.  The market is pretty flooded with historical/fantasy MMOs.  Perhaps they are focusing on something that they know will sell well and serve any untapped market instead of trying to win folks away for WoW or LoTR Online.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline VanZan

• Klingon Captain
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Outpostraders/Section8
I don't know.  The market is pretty flooded with historical/fantasy MMOs.  Perhaps they are focusing on something that they know will sell well and serve any untapped market instead of trying to win folks away for WoW or LoTR Online.

Perhaps, though its the curse of the Star Trek gaming. To be honest and after the failure of Legacy iam pretty much done with Star Trek, iam looking forward to Stargate Worlds and Pirates of the Burning Sea both MMO's.

Iam not a big fan of Wow, i like Guildwars more than Wow.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: MMO: Gods and Heros Canceled - Does this Spell Dome for Star Trek Online?
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 08:03:37 am »
Perpetual has been disolved and assets bought by a Korean company who are supposedly changing the game significantly. This may never get done.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline VanZan

• Klingon Captain
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Outpostraders/Section8