Topic: Glitches in re-expansion 2007 ?  (Read 3698 times)

Offline Old1

• Lt. Junior Grade
Glitches in re-expansion 2007 ?
« on: September 16, 2007, 03:23:53 pm »
:huh: Mr.Yochen-Hsieh . A few minutes ago i did a mission in your re-expansion 2007 and 2 possible glitches or bugs came up. NR.1 is that when i tried to conquer a planet sometimes the planet vanished. NR.2 is that when you trie to conquer a Romulan planet you run in to a number of ships with cloaking devices but when you target one of them you can see that on your radar screen a bracket appears around your target but when that ship cloaks the bracket is supposed to vanish as well but in fact it does not , it stays on your screen at the spot where the ship you targeted used to be. I thought it best to inform you about this so you can maybe do something about this in the next version.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 05:06:09 pm by Old1 »

yochenhsieh

Re: Glitches in re-expansion 2007 ?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 07:35:15 am »
I should test these missions more carefully...  :huh:

The Meta_Hail_Planet.scr mission(and other Meta_Hail scripts) were written by Pelican before the later patches released. Therefore they might cause some problems with the game. I will think about replace these scripts with stock patched missions in the next update.

Thanks for your reports. :)

Offline Old1

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 08:10:06 pm »
 :huh: Mr. You Chen-Hsieh are you ready for more bad news ? I just flew a mission with one of your bloodwings and i must say it is a beautyfull ship exept for one detail : the outer most disruptor on the left side is useless cause it has no firing arc and therefor can not be fired at all. Sorry! :angel:

yochenhsieh

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 10:24:21 am »
:huh: Mr. You Chen-Hsieh are you ready for more bad news ? I just flew a mission with one of your bloodwings and i must say it is a beautyfull ship exept for one detail : the outer most disruptor on the left side is useless cause it has no firing arc and therefor can not be fired at all. Sorry! :angel:
Thanks! It's a typing error, open defaultcore.txt with your notepad and find the line has
kdx   PrimaryHP:1:0_60:2:300_360:3:60_120:4:240_3000:5:120_180:6:180_240
change the arc of HP4 to 240_300, and save file.

Offline Old1

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 10:30:07 am »
Mr. You Chen-Hsieh as you know i had a problem with a soulwolf blowing up for no reason in your 2.0 version . In the new version that seems not to be a problem anymore so far however i have had a Bird of Death blown up for no apparent reason. Apparently it is contagious. At the moment i am testing the Romulans and i must say that the Nierrh and the Griffin are excellent allthough for the Nierrh to operate good you need an engineer who is at least expert at warp and impulse technology's. I also tested the battleships of the Federation and Klingons and Romulans and i must say they are excellent. The Klingon battleship is the fastest of the 3 and also the most maneuverable , with the Romulan battleship you only have to be on the lookout cause of its wingspan so you do not run in to something and the Federation battleship is still a bit sluggish but i think that is due to having not enough room to install better impulse engines and thrusters.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 03:53:31 am by Old1 »

yochenhsieh

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 07:24:14 pm »
Please try this beta update and report back:
http://yochenhsieh.myweb.hinet.net/SFC3REX_2007.1beta.exe

Start a new campaign again, do not use your old savegame.

Offline Old1

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 12:31:16 pm »
:huh: I have tried your beta patch but i ran into trouble straight away with the first mission. Usually when you start a distress call mission your opponent is not larger then perhaps one class above yours right ? This time i ran straight into a dreadnaught. It was a Borg sphere. Maybe even a Sphere prime , it is hard to tell cause there is not much difference. At this moment i stopped playing your mod and i have gone back to NDF. When in the future i get bored with NDF again i will get back to your mod cause apart from the limited number of ships it is by far the best around. Thanks for the fun i had with it and also for taking me seriously when i made my reports.  8)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 04:28:59 pm by Old1 »

yochenhsieh

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 09:16:11 am »
Has any one here also meet any issues with the custom campaign which includes Pelican and el-karnak's missions?

Thanks,

You-Cheng Hsieh

Offline Old1

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 02:02:51 pm »
 :huh: Please can you tell me what pelican and El-Karnek missions are cause i have never heard of them. :angel:

yochenhsieh

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 08:08:30 pm »
Read the following files in your sfc3\assets\scripts\campaigns folder:
Readme.txt
EEK-TNG-Readme.txt