Topic: Star Trek New Voyages: World Enough and Time Released  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
Star Trek New Voyages: World Enough and Time Released
« on: September 03, 2007, 03:42:36 am »
The team over at New Voyages have released their next episode, this one starring George Takei as Sulu, of course.  It can be found here:

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/episodes.html

I didn't really think it was that good, but many others have seemed to really enjoy it.  CGI was amazing, especially during the EVA (extra-vehicular activity) scenes, nearly on a par with things seen in Enterprise.  Acting and storyline?  Ouch!  I found myself fast-forwarding through the more extended "dramatic" moments.  One thing that is good about putting an hour show into 45 minutes is that you've got to get to core of things or say only what needs to be said.  In this episode, too much was said and not enough done. 

And these guys really need some vocal lessons.  They've all got their voices caught up in their throats.  It makes it really hard to hear and understand what they are saying, at least in my opinion.

And don't get me started on the preview for the next episode.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
Re: Star Trek New Voyages: World Enough and Time Released
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 09:41:28 pm »
I have always prefered the Exeter Studio, though they only have 1 & 1/2 episodes out... I think they have the feel down quite well....
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 11:23:35 pm »
As have I, but they've been sitting at part 2 of the Tressaurian Intersection for almost a year and a half.  I think they might have gone broke...
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 05:20:49 am »
Broke would be awful. The image of the Kongo's primary hull crashed on the planet was wild. I check that site every week at least hoping for news.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."