Topic: The League is ready, Bring on the NFL!!! (DYnaverse FFL)  (Read 15894 times)

Offline GE-Raven

• Lord God Emperor for Life of the Taldren SETI Group
  • D.Net VIP
  • Commander
  • The cause of AND solution to life's problems
    • Raven's Nest
Re: The League is ready, Bring on the NFL!!! (DYnaverse FFL)
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2007, 05:47:33 pm »
So I pretty much started every Packer I own... :-)   That seems to have worked out nicely for me.

I wonder if I can get about 80-90 points by the end of Thursday?  Time to start making a playoff run I think.

GE-Raven

Offline S'Raek

• Commander
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2007, 10:31:12 pm »
Well, it looks like it worked again.  I thought I might get some help with Adai went out early but I guess he came back.  Ah well, hopefully I will have a good weekend.  This is going to be the most strung out weekend of the year. 

Veritas vos Liberabit -- Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2007, 02:07:00 pm »
Holy crap.. went on a cruise, came back and Ahman Green is out for the season.  It never ends..
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline GE-Raven

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2007, 10:09:48 am »
Well, it looks like it worked again.  I thought I might get some help with Adai went out early but I guess he came back.  Ah well, hopefully I will have a good weekend.  This is going to be the most strung out weekend of the year. 

Actually from here on out they all get strung out... Thursday games from here on in thanks to NFL Network.  Saturday games will come soon thanks to the ending College season.  All in all Football is about to get more exposure (except for the aforementioned NFL Network, which I luckily have!)

Offline Darth Sidious

• Lt.
  • One Winged Angel
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2007, 02:59:38 pm »
Lucky.

Crapcast dropped NFL to their sports tier; so I dont have NFL network anymore.  Which means I'll miss watching the Pack demolish the Cowboys.

(Get that?  A Viking fan rooting for the Packers?!?!  What's next, cats&dogs living together in harmony with mice and ferrets?)

Actually from here on out they all get strung out... Thursday games from here on in thanks to NFL Network.  Saturday games will come soon thanks to the ending College season.  All in all Football is about to get more exposure (except for the aforementioned NFL Network, which I luckily have!)

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2007, 07:02:52 pm »
Darth, you can watch the game on NFL.com. Check it out on line.

Offline AcePylut

• Captain
  • Bear Down, Chicago Bears
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2007, 09:54:26 am »
woot 28 points.  ok I quit now.  My sweet start is being destroyed by a bunch of puds that can't find the end zone and a loser qb that can't stay healthy.
If you care about the environment, it's better to eat a Salad in a Hummer than a Cheeseburger in a Prius.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2007, 02:00:06 pm »
I've got a few of those now.. I call them my crawling backs.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline GE-Raven

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2007, 11:34:32 am »
Well with only one person guaranteed a spot in the playoffs and none of the 7-5 teams playing each other it should be interesting for the other 3 spots.  Jen could be The division winner, or completely out depending on this weeks action.  For me it should pretty much be win and I am in, as I have the tie breaker pretty well locked up.  I sure hope we don't end up with the "Wolfe Bowl" again this year :-)

GE-Raven

Offline Darth Sidious

• Lt.
  • One Winged Angel
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2007, 11:56:28 am »
I get the feeling my 7-5 team will fall.  Going up against the one team I realistically have no chance against if ESPN's predictions are even close to accurate.

Just my fate this year.  Have one of the top scoring teams in a league; and pull a crappy game RIGHT when i really need a win.

It's been fun though :)

Well with only one person guaranteed a spot in the playoffs and none of the 7-5 teams playing each other it should be interesting for the other 3 spots.  Jen could be The division winner, or completely out depending on this weeks action.  For me it should pretty much be win and I am in, as I have the tie breaker pretty well locked up.  I sure hope we don't end up with the "Wolfe Bowl" again this year :-)

GE-Raven

Offline S'Raek

• Commander
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2007, 06:37:59 pm »
My FFL teams always seem to fade at the end.  Someone gets injured or something.  lol  I went from 2nd to 5th or some such after last weeks crappy game. 

Offline IndyShark

• Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2007, 06:48:58 pm »
This should be a big weekend! I love FFL. It's always fun to see how things turn out. I have two teams where I drafted Larry Johnson and Travis Henry. Ouch!

Offline AcePylut

• Captain
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2007, 11:36:44 pm »
well, for tomorrow nights game...

I hope that TO doesn't catch a single ball, I hope Greg Jennings doesn't catch a single ball, I hope Brett Favre throws for 6 TD's, and I hope the Pack loses 37-36... because of the two teams I dislike most, the Cowboys only rate a few inches above GB. 

And oh yeah, here's hoping that all my chumpchange starters actually do something... like hoping Willie "Look Ma, No TD's" Parker scores a TD or 4.
If you care about the environment, it's better to eat a Salad in a Hummer than a Cheeseburger in a Prius.

Offline AcePylut

• Captain
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2007, 11:39:38 pm »
This should be a big weekend! I love FFL. It's always fun to see how things turn out. I have two teams where I drafted Larry Johnson and Travis Henry. Ouch!

Hehe in my money league, with the 4th pick in the draft I snagged Addai.   It was the smartest move I made, because I was basically in a coin flip with him and Gore. 

I also managed to do a straightup trade Fitzgerald (ari) for Alexander... and what do you know... as soon as I made that trade and got Alexander, Alexander goes down with an injury and Fitzgerald starts to light it up.  But that's ok, because I was very deep in WR's, and I really only thinking that I'd need Alexander during the playoffs.  It's a PPR league, so WR's are about as valuable as RB's, especially since you only get a point for every 20, not 10, rushing or receiving yards.

Offline Darth Sidious

• Lt.
  • One Winged Angel
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2007, 08:32:28 am »
No Wolfe bowl final this year!

I sure hope we don't end up with the "Wolfe Bowl" again this year :-)

GE-Raven

Offline GE-Raven

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2007, 05:23:03 pm »

Lucky for the other guys... This year the Sharks can make the Super Bowl :-)  It is ok... you are all just playing for the right to get beat by me or my wife.  As usual I am far more interested in the "side bets" that I can make with my wife :-)

GE-Raven

Offline IndyShark

• Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2007, 08:41:57 pm »
Let the playoffs begin!  :)

Offline Darth Sidious

• Lt.
  • One Winged Angel
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2007, 09:45:07 am »
Sharks have to get thru me first.
A 3 week long battle!
(why 3?  Because we played last week as well)

Lucky for the other guys... This year the Sharks can make the Super Bowl :-)  It is ok... you are all just playing for the right to get beat by me or my wife.  As usual I am far more interested in the "side bets" that I can make with my wife :-)

GE-Raven

Offline S'Raek

• Commander
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2007, 10:02:07 am »
How can we be in the "CONSOLATION LADDER" when we haven't even played a game in the playoffs yet?  I assume it's single elimination? 

Good Luck!  I know I'll need it.   :D

Offline IndyShark

• Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2007, 08:24:12 pm »
Sharks have to get thru me first.
A 3 week long battle!
(why 3?  Because we played last week as well)

GE-Raven

and you kicked my butt! great game by the way