Topic: The League is ready, Bring on the NFL!!! (DYnaverse FFL)  (Read 15888 times)

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
The League is ready, Bring on the NFL!!! (DYnaverse FFL)
« on: August 24, 2007, 07:58:49 pm »
Here are the teams! Good luck to everyone this year!

1  SHRK Indianapolis Sharks Division 1 Scott Parkinson     
2  LORD Thorngate Lords Lords Division 1 Phillip Showel 
3  NEX New England Excaliburs Division 1 Steve Sangster 
4  (88) Platteville Penguins Division 1 Sean Wolfe 
5  EPRM El Paso Rented Mules Division 1 Alan Witte 
6  FLX Flex Steelers Division 2 Jen Wolfe 
7  Tul Tulsa Twisters Division 2 Andy Dail 
8  BABs BadAzz Bears Division 2 Darryn Foley 
9  DEL Delaware Blue Hens Division 2 Erik Mussoni 
10  OHB Ohio Bombers Division 2 Tony Walls 

Offline S'Raek

• Commander
Re: The League is ready, Bring on the NFL!!! (DYnaverse FFL)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 07:08:51 am »
You know, you this league has to be the least smack talking fantasy football league I've ever seen.  lol 

Veritas vos Liberabit -- Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis

Offline Darth Sidious

• Lt.
  • One Winged Angel
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 09:06:08 am »
Without having drafted yet - not surprised.

Offline S'Raek

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 12:48:45 pm »
I was in the league two years ago and it was the same way.   :D  Indy would post a thread on the weeks results and a couple of comments and that's it.  Not that I like to be rude in any way but some good natured ribbing can be fun. 

Heck, maybe everyone was talking in this forum.  I never really check here and probably missed it all. 

Anyway, thanks to Indy for getting this together again this year. 

Offline GE-Raven

• Lord God Emperor for Life of the Taldren SETI Group
  • D.Net VIP
  • Commander
  • The cause of AND solution to life's problems
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 01:55:51 pm »
I have already taunted you all with how you managed to get your asses kicked last year by a girl!

What more do you want before the draft even happens.  Don't worry when AcePylut chooses the Bears Defense in the third round... I will be there.

GE-Raven

Offline Darth Sidious

• Lt.
  • One Winged Angel
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 04:02:03 pm »
First Time Fantasy Football drafting:  Free
Being hosed by Autodraft drafting Mike Vick, Ricky Williams.

Priceless. :D

Offline IndyShark

• Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 06:26:22 pm »
Thanks for remind me. Vick is going off my board! LOL

Offline S'Raek

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 06:14:13 am »
First Time Fantasy Football drafting:  Free
Being hosed by Autodraft drafting Mike Vick, Ricky Williams.

Priceless. :D

Ain't that the truth.  You really have to wonder at the autodraft sometimes. 

And I don't mind getting my ass kicked by a girl.  They are usually much more polite about it, and prettier too!   ;D

Offline AcePylut

• Captain
  • Bear Down, Chicago Bears
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 09:24:26 am »
In a 10 team leage, I'm thinking the Bears D might go to the 5th or 6th round.  Yes, they are THAT good.   

Don't worry Raven, I got Butt Farve as my starting QB in another league.  I got him in the second to last round of the draft, after I took my kicker  :P  Kinda screwed that draft up a little bit though, was planning on taking the Bears or Ravens in the 5th round, but I took Jamal Lewis instead.  Bears, Ravens, Pats D's were all gone by the time the draft got back to me in that 12 team league.
If you care about the environment, it's better to eat a Salad in a Hummer than a Cheeseburger in a Prius.

Offline AcePylut

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 11:12:51 am »
PS - Favre is going to win me a championship!

Here's why... week 17, Favre's last game of his career, is being played at LambChop Field, against the Detroit Lions.

You can bank on Favre getting 4 TD's and 300 yards passing :)

Y'all think about THAT come sunday, when you're thinking of taking Peyton Manning... who will play for about 1.5 series in week 17 and maybe score a TD for ya.
If you care about the environment, it's better to eat a Salad in a Hummer than a Cheeseburger in a Prius.

Offline GE-Raven

• Lord God Emperor for Life of the Taldren SETI Group
  • D.Net VIP
  • Commander
  • The cause of AND solution to life's problems
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 01:31:56 pm »
In a 10 team leage, I'm thinking the Bears D might go to the 5th or 6th round.  Yes, they are THAT good.   

Don't worry Raven, I got Butt Farve as my starting QB in another league.  I got him in the second to last round of the draft, after I took my kicker  :P  Kinda screwed that draft up a little bit though, was planning on taking the Bears or Ravens in the 5th round, but I took Jamal Lewis instead.  Bears, Ravens, Pats D's were all gone by the time the draft got back to me in that 12 team league.

Lol  Well I actually "homered" and took the Pack Defense in round 13 of a 16 round draft.  And in our league scoring isn't a factor, only stats (Sacks, INT,Fumb, and defensive and special team scoring).  ESPN has a stupid system where if Rex Grossman throws 2 ints for touchdowns, the Bears D/ST have given up 14 points.  Which is a load of crap, so we got rid of it.  Sure Defenses won't be worth as much, but good defenses (especially with ST scores) will still be head and shoulders above the rest.  However I rant the numbers from last year using that method... and the Bears D (in a record setting year thanks to Mr. Hester) would have averaged 2.3 points a game more than the sack machine that was the Packers last year (which looks to be better this year).  So you go ahead and take your Bears D while I get me some pedestrian one at round 14 and will own up on all the skill positions.

Hey but what the hell do I know... I just went on a huge run to make the playoffs and then beat eveyone I faced in the playoffs (including my wife) by an average of 80 points a game.

(That enough smack talk for ya?)

GE-Raven

Offline AcePylut

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 03:13:52 pm »
I haven't checked the league scoring yet.  Me thinks me should do that before Sunday.  In the yahoo league I was talking about... the D gets points for scoring TD's, but special teams aren't part of the "D", so Devin Hester returning a TD a week wouldn't do anything other than score points if you have him as your "D" player.  There's a whole bunch of things that score for the D in that league... basically... the Ravens and Bears D averaged as many points as a top level RB.  Of course, if you're like me and drafted Shawn Alexander with the third pick in the draft last year, there's no surprise that my team ended up sucking. 

In my current league, Bears, Ravens, NE all went in the 4th round.... then a D wasn't chosen again until about the third to last round.  I got Philly in the last round, and am pretty happy with it.

Yahoo also has that "D" scoring system too.  If you're team gives up 40 points, all of it from special teams or turnover returns, it counts against the D.

I don't think anyone took the packers in the Yahoo league, but I'll check them out and see if they're worthy.  Playing Detroit and Minnesota twice this year is going to be worth something.  Me, I usually don't even bother picking a Defense until the last round.  Shees, one can play the waiver wire in a 10 team league and do just as well as one who picks the bestest greatest most awesomest Defense in the history of the world, da '85 Bears! woot.

Hey, grats on winning last year.  golfclap.  Last year was last year.  That doesn't get ya nothing this year!

Funny thing about trash-talking is that most of the trash talking I do is pretty dirty and nasty.  And I don't feel comfortable enough knowing y'all to make cracks about how your 1" winky doesn't come close to stacking up against my 12" schlong mack truck.   :laugh:

Offline AcePylut

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 04:29:16 pm »
Wait, I think I may have read you wrong on that previoius post...

If Rex Grossman throws 2 picks that get returned for TD's, those points do not count against the Bears D... right?

If so, that just made the Bears D a lot sexier of a pick :)  especially since Rex prolly scored half the TD's scored on the Bears D last year.  At least, when the bears weren't thinking about their first round playoff opponent for a game on New Years Eve.  I'll take da Bears in the 5th round if they're available... and I'll let you pull your hair out deciding if if you want James Jones or Devery Henderson :).  5th Round... lets see, that means I lock up 2 RB's, a QB (if one of the top 6 is still available), and at least 1 WR, before picking the bears, or Ravens (can't decide which one.  Me heart says Bears.  My competitive spirit to win at everything says Ravens.)  Plenty of players will still be available in the 6th and 7th round to fill out the flex spot and 2nd WR position.  TE's?  Blah.  If I don't have Gates, that's another position I can play the waiver wire from week to week for all practical purposes.  I'd rather have Vincent Jackson WR-SD than any TE not named Gates.

PS - in the yahoo league I was in last year, only one "player" scored more points than Baltimore's D... and you can prolly guess what ridiculous TD scoring machine that was.  His name rhymed with Joe-danian Romlinson for you non-FB types out there.

Is this a PPR league? 

Offline IndyShark

• Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 06:11:07 pm »
What's PPR?

Offline AcePylut

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 11:08:59 pm »
Point Per Reception

You can assign a player to get a point for every pass reception he gets (or a half point, quarter point, etc.).

It's the receiver equivalent to RB's getting a point for every 5 carries they get, or 10, etc. etc. etc.

A PPR league makes those backs that get lots of receptions (Steven Jackson, Reggie Bush (90ish catches last year), LT) worth more than those who just carry the rock 40 times a game (Shawn Alexander for example)... assuming that PPR exists and not a "point per 5 carries).

I like having ppr and point per 5 or 10 carries.  For example, there was a game last year when my broken down RB Shawn Alexander carried 40 times for some 200ish yards, but didn't score any TD's.  I got a whole 10 points out of that, when my other running back, fill-in Kevan Barlow rushed like 4 times for 5 yards and 2 TD's... and scored 12 points.  Kevan Barlow isn't even in the league anymore.

Offline IndyShark

• Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 09:27:12 am »
NO, this isn't ppr. If he runs for 200 yards, I think he gets 20 points (1/10 yards)

Offline S'Raek

• Commander
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 09:10:10 am »
OK, I know it's the morning of the draft and I should have asked this earlier.  But how does this draft thing work?  I've never done a live draft before.  I assume there's a room for our draft?  How do I find that?  How much time will we have to make choices, etc? 

Thanks.

Offline IndyShark

• Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 09:23:04 am »
Go to the league homepage and there will be a link. You can launch the draft from there. You have 90 seconds for each selection.

It is a lot of fun!

Offline S'Raek

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2007, 10:38:33 am »
Thanks, how long do these things normally take?

Offline IndyShark

• Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2007, 10:44:41 am »
The draft room opens 1 hour before the start time. The draft last 1 to 1.5 hours. It depends on how fast people pick. I pick in about 10 seconds since I know what I want. Some people take the full 90 seconds so it drags. If people don't show up, autopick is activated and the computer picks for them immediately. That really speeds things up.