Topic: WoW: Wrath of the Lich King  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
WoW: Wrath of the Lich King
« on: August 03, 2007, 08:40:18 pm »
Link to article

t's official: The next World of WarCraft expansion is coming; it's called Wrath of the Lich King, and will open up the continent of Northrend to players of level 68 and above. This second expansion will focus on the return of Arthas Menethil, a.k.a. the Lich King, ruler of the Scourge, and one of the most powerful beings in all of Azeroth. This semi-sequel to the saga of Arthas (from WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne) is intended for experienced players with a couple level 70 characters in their pockets.

The September issue of Games for Windows: The Official Magazine (on sale soon) has tons of details, but for now here's a quick rundown of what's in store....

Level Cap: 80
    Skill Cap: 450
    Continent: Northrend
    Number of Zones: 10 (tentatively), for levels 68 and above
    Profession: Inscription
    Class: Death Knight (first-ever Hero Class)
    Features: Outdoor PVP zone with siege weapons and destructible buildings.
    Release Date: You're kidding, right?

The biggest news for existing players is the introduction of the Death Knight, the first new class since WOW's launch -- and, coincidentally, its first Hero Class, too. Other big new features include the introduction of siege weapons and destroyable buildings in both a new Battleground and a brand-new outdoor PVP zone. What Wrath of the Lich King won't have is any content for new characters: no new races, no new level-1-to-20 zones back in the old world, and little change to the old world.

I don't play it myself but thought some would be interested.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."