Topic: Darkdrone's Blackfleet Vorcha  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
Darkdrone's Blackfleet Vorcha
« on: July 14, 2007, 09:23:07 pm »
Hi all

Just a quick (hopefully easy) question.
Downloaded Darkdrone's Blackfleet Vorcha, love it,(liked all the Vorcha's- This one seems to have the dis hardpoints at the front of the ship- kinda neat)
Anyway- love the model, not so fond of the colour- and there's this little Klingon insignia on the wing that kinda seems to stand out

Does anyone happen to know if he's done the model in a more "traditional" green? (and maybe without the insignia)
or
-Is it generally considered OK to try and change the colours of the model yourself, as long as it's only for your own game?
(ie I just want it on my screen for OP, not using it for anything else)
And what program would one use?
If not no worries- obviously it's someone elses work so..

AS I said- love the model and the hardpoints, just wondering if there's one that's not so "Gothic"

Thanks for any help/advice you can give!
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
Re: Darkdrone's Blackfleet Vorcha
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 11:56:45 pm »
You can change anything you want to as long as you don't offer it for public distribution. i.e. For yourself and even to give to your immediate friends. Although sometimes your friends will throw you under the bus by distributing it themselves. So, be carefull if you give it to anyone. You should get permission from the author if you want to distribute it publicly, as in upload it to Battleclinic or put it into a mod for the Dyna, for example.

Also, check the readme if there is one. Sometimes it'll give you wider permissions.

Which programs to use is personal preference. Most people use photoshop or paintshop pro. Niether are freeware though.

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163365145.0.html

There's a pretty comprehensive list of programs, both freeware and commercial in the thread I've listed above. Gimp is probably the most popular freeware "paint" program. Not the easiest to use though. Hope that helps.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 06:14:40 am »
Hi all

Just a quick (hopefully easy) question.
Downloaded Darkdrone's Blackfleet Vorcha, love it,(liked all the Vorcha's- This one seems to have the dis hardpoints at the front of the ship- kinda neat)
Anyway- love the model, not so fond of the colour- and there's this little Klingon insignia on the wing that kinda seems to stand out

Does anyone happen to know if he's done the model in a more "traditional" green? (and maybe without the insignia)
or
-Is it generally considered OK to try and change the colours of the model yourself, as long as it's only for your own game?
(ie I just want it on my screen for OP, not using it for anything else)
And what program would one use?
If not no worries- obviously it's someone elses work so..

AS I said- love the model and the hardpoints, just wondering if there's one that's not so "Gothic"

Thanks for any help/advice you can give!

All of the Vorchas DD has made are at www.battleclinic.com

Try dropping your *.mod file into ModelPlease's kitbashed version here:

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,9f6b816522dcfcf905acfa39299b205b.zip

Just ADD the *.MOD file from the Black Vorcha (not the textures) to MP's kitbashed ship after you unzip it.

Qapla!

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 07:30:32 am »
Perfect