Topic: USS Bagdemagus - FoaS-Style Connie2 retex,  (Read 3000 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
USS Bagdemagus - FoaS-Style Connie2 retex,
« on: July 02, 2007, 06:12:43 am »
Ever since GAFY came out with this blue retextures of the feddies, I've wanted to do my own. Here is my result.

I started with the pearlescent base, and started laying on Azure trims and signage. Details came naturally from textures that inspired this. Mackie's Ironcross gave me push to do the deflector and the escape pods. The fractal flame in the inner nacelle grilles I thought are just cool, so that got thrown in there, just to be different from the normal gradients.
I still have a few things to fix with the lower hull and lightmaps all around. I'll release if people are interested.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
Re: USS Bagdemagus - FoaS-Style Connie2 retex,
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 09:17:03 am »
The blue is a bit overdone IMHO (too bright) but otherwise nice work, and those nacelle grills look great.

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 11:44:24 am »
The ship looks good.  I have to agree with SF2, the blue is a bit too strong, at least for my tastes.  Wonder what the ship would look like with a more softer hull color.  All the details are perfect and incredible.  Would love to see more work done on these textures.  :-D
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 12:47:23 pm »
FoaS likes his blues.
Wait till i make a carrier - thsoe will be red.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 12:58:36 pm »
Just as a thought.. throw in a light aztec with your blue.. it'll soften it just enough, add detail, and make it look like a painted structure.  :D
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 01:01:17 pm »
Just as a thought.. throw in a light aztec with your blue.. it'll soften it just enough, add detail, and make it look like a painted structure.  :D

That's what I was thinking, just couldn't think of how to word it.  :-D
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 02:02:57 pm »
There actually is aztec, but if you dont see it it means i need to make it more noticable. Will do. Thanks all
Robinomicon

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 01:00:19 am »
Go for it!  :D

Be different, Be brave, be a Individual!
(oh and welcome to the blue club)

Always nice to see someone challenge the way ppl think things should be.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Anthony Scott

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Off chasing a lunatic 8 year old :D:P
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 05:16:59 pm »
 :) :D ;D

Release it already!

Semper Fi, Carry On
"No enemy can ever completely defeat you. A physical enemy can take your land, your gold, your property. But in order to be defeated uttelry only you can allow that. The human heart can only be crushed from within, not without."- The Dalai Lama

My art blog:
http://anthdigiart.blogspot.com/
My Deviant Art page:
http://anthsco.deviantart.com/
Resident forum history junkie.

"An intelligent man must sometimes get drunk to spend time with fools."
                      -Ernest Hemingway

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 08:12:38 pm »
Ever since GAFY came out with this blue retextures of the feddies, I've wanted to do my own. Here is my result.

I started with the pearlescent base, and started laying on Azure trims and signage. Details came naturally from textures that inspired this. Mackie's Ironcross gave me push to do the deflector and the escape pods. The fractal flame in the inner nacelle grilles I thought are just cool, so that got thrown in there, just to be different from the normal gradients.
I still have a few things to fix with the lower hull and lightmaps all around. I'll release if people are interested.

what is the trap on the saucer, mostly the one with a number on it?

the traps under the saucer near the center of the saucer are what?

i like the blue of the ship, the deflector dish look cool golden.

release it, i will add it to my collection.

thanks for showing it to us  :D

and for last
 what is the name of the ship?, since its not in the 1700's its good that someone remember that the enterprise is not the only constitution class refit  ::)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 09:09:18 pm »
The numbered hatch on the dorsal-saucer is a landing bay. I actually meant to take it off and leave it on for smaller kitbashes - things like the Saladin or the Akula - so those ships have at least SOMETHING that resembles a launch bay. but, alas, I had forgotten to take it off.

The ventral hatches were on the original texture so I just duplicated them with my own style.

The name is the USS Bagdemagus NCC-1629. Really what happened is i just picked some random numbers - I am very anti-anal about registries. I'll throw an A or B on anything.
Anyways, King Bagdemagus of Gore was a knight and ally of king Arthurs. Most of my ships have an Arthurian theme, my flagship is the USS Caliburn (caliburn being another term for Excalibur, or the way think of it Arthurs First sword - the one in the stone, which is Different from Excalibur which was given to him by the lady of the lake).

As far as colors go, I obviously used blue, and a lot of it. With everything being so Blue I tried to use a lot of counter-color (in blue's case is orange). to offset it. Furthermore, I really just like how Blue and Orange go together, they are  my favorite counter-complimentary color sets (red and cyan are a close second).

So that is that.
Yes, I will be uploading soon.
Robinomicon

Offline CC22

• Has been known to kitbash in the name of 'canon'...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 05:50:06 pm »
I really don't like these types of texture  :o. lol soz its jut my perogative.
"For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see, Saw the Vision of the World, and all the wonder that would be..."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 06:00:16 pm »
lol, its all good.

that reminds me I need to release this guy.
Robinomicon

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 11:37:09 pm »
Dang that's really alot of blue, but hey if you like it you did make it after all so kuddos on a truly original paint scheme

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.