Topic: Pilot connies  (Read 3959 times)

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
Pilot connies
« on: July 04, 2007, 08:03:33 pm »
Anyone know where I can find pilot versions of the Consitution?

I mean "Cage" and "Where no man" versions.

Offline JohanobesusII

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Pilot connies
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 08:31:25 pm »
Atra had one, but it isn't up for download now.  If you ask him, he will probably make it availalble.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 02:20:21 pm »
Anduril made a few connies, so did TSP, you should find what you're looking for at Battleclinic.

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 05:44:33 pm »
I've looked at the connie models on Battleclinic (and found some satisfactory TV ones)... but the ones I'm specificly looking for are

here:
http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints/ccd-enterprise-sheet-5.jpg

and here:
http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints/ccd-enterprise-sheet-6.jpg

I've seen maybe 1-2 of the latter, but almost none of the former. I don't think it should be too hard to just fix up, but I'm surprised nobody's attmepted the first.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 04:16:48 am »
I've looked at the connie models on Battleclinic (and found some satisfactory TV ones)... but the ones I'm specificly looking for are

here:
http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints/ccd-enterprise-sheet-5.jpg

and here:
http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints/ccd-enterprise-sheet-6.jpg

I've seen maybe 1-2 of the latter, but almost none of the former. I don't think it should be too hard to just fix up, but I'm surprised nobody's attmepted the first.

For the LATER try this one.....................
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,b5102b5a14897a4ada607fdf2a6c2069.zip

;)

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 10:16:08 am »
i got 2 mods, one that is like the Pilot connie and one that is the ship from the first episode with kirk.

just email me and i will send them to you by email.

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 08:18:58 pm »
thank you, all.

MP, the Potempkin you suggested is more or less on target with the second pilot, but i'd still like to have a model of the first pilot connie.

I'm just surprised nobody's used the Cyngnus plans to make a super accurate proto-connie model.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 11:42:13 pm »
if you mean that the ship should look like that: http://www.starfleet-museum.org/connie-pilot.jpg

well i have it.

i change the texture of the Potemkin of atra's and put the texture of atra's constitution on it and adjust some part of it.

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 02:21:14 am »
Because I wanted to, I worked on the Potemkin model (Apparently an Atra-hasis original...) some, to bring it closer to the "Where No Man Has Gone Before" version.

There are some differences geometrically that I can't help (That damned sensor dish is too far forward!), but texture-wise I do the best I can.

So far I have these resources:
The Cult TV man site on the 2nd pilot model
and
Charles Casimiro's analysis/blueprints

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 02:01:39 pm »
so you want a model that have the dish close to the hull and keep the engine with the holes and the old bridge right?

i will check the models i have and see if i have one like you want!

Offline Anduril

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 05:44:52 pm »
I take it you haven't found the info at the IDIC site or Agatha Christie's drawings which may have been at cultmans site too.

Both versions have been done by a couple modelers.  I myself went with what was at cultman's, IDIC and Agatha's stuff.  That and a crap load of photo's from the web and ones I took from the dvd's that I bought when they finally came out.

The image you posted of the ship's aft end isn't anything I didn't see day after day in 3dmax.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 10:09:14 pm »
I actually have exactly what you're looking for, I just need to find it. Someone out there did all of the TOS versions and me being in love with Lady E had to get all of them.

Here it is...

Made by Anduril, here's a quote from the readme:
This model is a fairly faithful reproduction of the Enterprise as seen in the first pilot episode "The Cage".  I have embellished a bit in places to add some very faint detail.  In the case of the impulse engines I added texture to the exhaust instead of leaving the boxes blank.

Also have the "Where No Man" pilot version, several versions with changes made throughout the series run and I have the Smithsonian version.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 10:23:11 pm by Vipre »
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 10:56:31 pm »
As stated, I'm working with the Potempkin (the model put up by MP). If anyone's already finished the pilot models, I'd be more than happy to have them.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 02:25:33 am »
As stated, I'm working with the Potempkin (the model put up by MP). If anyone's already finished the pilot models, I'd be more than happy to have them.

PM me your email addy and I'll send it over. Unless Anduril knows where there's a direct download.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 01:56:52 pm »
Here's the one I thought was the "Where No Man" version but it looks to be using the "Cage" bridge. It an Atrahasis
5169 Poly version. The registry on it is NCC-1700 USS Constitution.

Now that I look at it, it's probably the same one you're already working on.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 04:04:16 pm »
Yeah, it is.

From here I can see the impulse engines and the shuttlebay doors are incorrect. The 2nd Connie has a more detailed impulse engine deck (A string of lights), and ironically the shuttlebay doors don't have a seam at all.

I got the model you sent by the way- very nice. I wish I knew how to port it over to OP and light it up... but unfortunately even if I knew I don't have any 3-d modeling programs to do the converting.

Many thanks all :)

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 04:42:28 pm »
Not that hard to port actually, there's a tutorial here somewhere.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while, but I think the weapons hardpoint numbers were reversed between 1 and op and to light it you just need to add the *_i.bmp image to the model folder.

Last conversions I worked on were EAW/OP to 3 so I might be thinking of that on the hardpoint thing.

*waits patiently for someone to tell him he's wrong on both counts*
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 04:52:09 pm »
SFC 3 HPing is reversed. Conversion from SFC1 to 2 is adding lightmaps. You don't just add them to the folder though. They need to be added to the .mod file by your modeling software.  SFC3 has additional game files that are needed (text files, pics, etc...).

What model did you send him and what format is it?
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 05:21:06 pm »
Anduril's SFC1 "Cage" Enterprise model. See knew I was probably wrong, I was thinking of my work on 3 to OP and OP to 3 conversions.

Here's a few shots of the model I sent.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 05:36:33 pm by Vipre »
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 05:52:53 pm »
Ah! That's pretty cool. Lighting it wouldn't be too hard.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 06:21:40 pm »
Those are part of my 2000-01 collection of roughly 900+ models. Lots of now lost classics in there I'd bet.

My '05-'06 batch is in the one hundred range, since I rely more on Battleclinic
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2007, 07:34:26 pm »
I don't have any way of editing .mod files, but I'm pretty good with textures, and I can prolly do satisfactry illumination maps without any trouble.