Topic: How Do You Uninstall AOTK3?  (Read 10791 times)

Offline Alphageek

• How can Gallifrey be gone?!
  • Lt. Commander
How Do You Uninstall AOTK3?
« on: July 02, 2007, 08:21:25 pm »
Just wondering how I restore my game to normal.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
Re: How Do You Uninstall AOTK3?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 08:24:29 pm »
Safest way is to re-install OP+ 4.0.   My installer package sucks unfortunately.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 08:33:09 pm »
What you'll have to do is first UNINSTALL OP+4.0, run the uninstaller, then run the OP+4.0 installer again to wipe ATOK.  ;)
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 10:43:39 pm »
Will that work for removing the mission scripts though?
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 12:23:16 am »
Why do you want to remove the mission scripts?

Offline Alphageek

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 02:21:55 am »
Ok.  I uninstalled OP 4.0 and reinstalled it, which only took half an hour.  Now, when I click on "Start New Campaign" under the Single Player section, the game immediately crashes to the desktop. 

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 07:49:09 am »

I like being thorough.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Serverkit Development Team
  • Lt. Commander
  • Scripter and general nuisance
    • NukeDocs
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 08:17:28 am »
Safest way is to re-install OP+ 4.0.   My installer package sucks unfortunately.

DH - I think I've got a working installer/uninstaller format for NSIS (didn't figure it out in time for AOTK, sorry)

It's not pretty, but it's functional, here's the source:

http://www3.telus.net/NuclearWessels/sfc/downloads/OldWest.nsi

dave

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 09:54:33 am »

I like being thorough.

It's not necessary.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 01:52:06 pm »

I like being thorough.

It's not necessary.

No, but I don't like keeping so many mod specific things around unless I can help it.  Guess I'm gonna have to reinstall OP from scratch again.

Offline Capt Jeff

• 1AF
  • Lt.
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 02:40:32 pm »
Since I have so many custom models in my OP+ folder, I definetly do not want to uninstall OP+, so here's what I do.

I go to my specs folder and delete the shiplist and fighterlist.   I then go to the OP+ folder and highlight and click copy on  the backup copies of the OP+ shiplist and fighterlist that is included when you first install it.   I then go back to the specs folder and paste them right in there, and within 1 minute, I'm done  ;)

Oh, and on a side note, don't forget to occasionally clear out the "weapons damage" text file in the main SFC folder.    It just grows and grows and can easily get into the MB's in size.   Just open the text file, choose "select all" and then delete.
Capt Jeff

Former SFC2.NET Administrator
C.O., Heavy Command Cruiser
USS Crasher NCC 1733

1AF---Friendship, Honor, Fun.  It's what we Play For.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 03:18:52 pm »
Guess I'm gonna have to reinstall OP from scratch again.

lmao

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 03:28:29 pm »

I like being thorough.

It's not necessary.

No, but I don't like keeping so many mod specific things around unless I can help it.  Guess I'm gonna have to reinstall OP from scratch again.

It's just files, no registry or System DLLs or anything like that.

Offline Alphageek

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 02:57:19 am »
Since I have so many custom models in my OP+ folder, I definetly do not want to uninstall OP+, so here's what I do.

I go to my specs folder and delete the shiplist and fighterlist.   I then go to the OP+ folder and highlight and click copy on  the backup copies of the OP+ shiplist and fighterlist that is included when you first install it.   I then go back to the specs folder and paste them right in there, and within 1 minute, I'm done  ;)

Oh, and on a side note, don't forget to occasionally clear out the "weapons damage" text file in the main SFC folder.    It just grows and grows and can easily get into the MB's in size.   Just open the text file, choose "select all" and then delete.

All of this pretty much boils down to "Uninstall OP, then reinstall from scratch." 

Jeez.

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2007, 08:03:35 pm »
had trouble taking out AOTK3 also.  I did the AOTK3 uninstall, uninstalled op+, then reinstalled op+.  Now I can't see anything typed in.  Am I at the point of a full reinstall of OP again?
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Alphageek

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2007, 11:59:42 am »

Ok, I tried this, but still no luck.  As soon as I click on the "Start New Game" button on the single player side, the game crashes straight to desktop. 

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2007, 12:43:27 pm »
had trouble taking out AOTK3 also.  I did the AOTK3 uninstall, uninstalled op+, then reinstalled op+.  Now I can't see anything typed in.  Am I at the point of a full reinstall of OP again?

yes

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2007, 02:57:33 pm »

I like being thorough.

It's not necessary.

It's just files, no registry or System DLLs or anything like that.

Doesn't matter.  I like to make sure anything related to a specific campaign mod is removed when the camp is over.  I'm neurotic like that.  :-p

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 03:08:04 pm »
To play on the Forge I simply ran the uninstaller for OP+4.0 , ran the installer, then ran the Forge scripts pack and logged on, no issues.  ;D
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Alphageek

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2007, 05:47:23 pm »

yes

Then I definitely won't be bothering with it again.  And I most definitely will not be playing anymore servers that don't come with a good uninstaller.  Good server, Die Hard, but thanks for permamently FUBARing my game.

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2007, 06:17:56 pm »

yes

Then I definitely won't be bothering with it again.  And I most definitely will not be playing anymore servers that don't come with a good uninstaller.  Good server, Die Hard, but thanks for permamently FUBARing my game.

ahh, nothing is so permament, that a good reinstall can't fix.  I do have a save of all game files in another location so a quick copy might fix it for me.

Was good advice I read if you have drive space.  Copy your whole OP directory to a back up.  Thus a basic reset is nothing but a copy away.

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2007, 06:20:10 pm »
But also note.  A good uninstaller would be awesome to have.  (or if ever we get the code to OP, directories for different servers would be great, but that is a dream)

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2007, 06:25:06 pm »
I simply replaced my shiplist.txt and my fighterlist.txt and the game works fine. If needed you can also replace the models.siz so there is no models issues.

Offline Alphageek

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2007, 09:17:00 pm »

yes

ahh, nothing is so permament, that a good reinstall can't fix.  I do have a save of all game files in another location so a quick copy might fix it for me.

Was good advice I read if you have drive space.  Copy your whole OP directory to a back up.  Thus a basic reset is nothing but a copy away.

Call me lazy, but I just can't be bothered to spend an hour to an hour and a half reinstalling a video game.

Offline Alphageek

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2007, 10:13:16 pm »
Ok, I uninstalled everything, did a restart, then reinstalled everything from the ground up.  The result:  as soon as I click on "Start New Game" in the Single Player section the game crashes straight to desktop.  Every single time.  Nothing else about my computer has changed from before except the AOTK3 files.  What's going wrong here?

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2007, 10:40:09 pm »
Ok, I uninstalled everything, did a restart, then reinstalled everything from the ground up.  The result:  as soon as I click on "Start New Game" in the Single Player section the game crashes straight to desktop.  Every single time.  Nothing else about my computer has changed from before except the AOTK3 files.  What's going wrong here?

when you unistalled everything, did you also go in and delete the directories out to remove anything that wasn't already removed (there is usually stuff left over)?

Offline Alphageek

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2007, 04:59:55 am »

when you unistalled everything, did you also go in and delete the directories out to remove anything that wasn't already removed (there is usually stuff left over)?

Directories?  I  have no clue.  I did the uninstall for OP and OP 4.0+, deleted the elements left behind, and reinstalled. 

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2007, 05:46:12 am »
U guys are crazy! The only thing that needs to be swapped between campaigns is the shiplist and a new script D/L. The scripts are overwritten constantly. Just leave everything alone and do the shiplist and script changes.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2007, 08:35:05 am »
U guys are crazy! The only thing that needs to be swapped between campaigns is the shiplist and a new script D/L. The scripts are overwritten constantly. Just leave everything alone and do the shiplist and script changes.

HEY!!!  Who told you I'm crazy?!?!?!?!?!?!  That's supposed to be a secret.  *begins a manhunt*

Offline Alphageek

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2007, 03:13:43 pm »

Well, this is clearly not true.  I replaced the ship and fighter lists, and still crashed to desktop.  Then I did a completely fresh install of the game and the Enhancement Package, and I have EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM.  So, thanks to this happy horsesh*t, I now have a game that I am totally unable to use in any way at all.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2007, 04:00:02 pm »
Like I said, between campaigns all u do is D/L the latest ship/ftrlist and scripts (model.siz should be part of the D/L with the lists) and ur good. No uninstalling or swapping anything else and certainly no deletion of anything ever.

So if ur having problems, Alpha, I sympathize. But u need to be much more specific on what is occuring in order to get any help. For instance, when exactly did it crash and after you did what precisely?

Offline Alphageek

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2007, 09:17:24 pm »
Well, I started by uninstalling the AOTK3 files, then I uninstalled the OP 4.0+ files, and reinstalled them.  At this point, after accessing the Single Player side, the game crashed to desktop as soon as I clicked on the button to select a new campaign.  So, I uninstalled OP 4.0+, then uninstalled OP completely, deleted the files left behind, did a restart, and reinstalled everything from scratch.  The result was that the game crashed straight to desktop at exactly the same place as it had before. 

Offline KBF-Kapact

• No matter how much Paramount and Viacom abuse and neglect and generally make a bloody mess of Trek, and despite the fact that they seem to have intentionally stuck a knife in it's belly, technically they still own it.
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Old enough to know better, but I just don't give a
    • What is Fantasy Trek?
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2007, 10:20:52 pm »
I'm probably missing something, but I just used my mod-chooser that came with the enhancement pack... chose OP 4.0... then installed Forge mission pack, and she runs like a dream.....

KBF-Kapact
IKS Ab'Qaff
"Surrender or be des-"

{sound of explosion}
http://fantasytrek.blogspot.com/
http://houseabukoff.blogspot.com
http://kapactsrant.blogspot.com/
http://startrekenterprisevirtualseasons.blogspot.com/

Klingon Black Fleet
"...laughing, undefeated..."

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2007, 02:32:17 am »
I'm probably missing something, but I just used my mod-chooser that came with the enhancement pack... chose OP 4.0... then installed Forge mission pack, and she runs like a dream.....

That would be great but my copy of mod-chooser, just like to error each time I try to run it.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2007, 04:43:39 am »
Install Pestalence's enhancement package, then go get ED's latest missions, then reinstall op+4.0, oh and make sure you are patched properly, run it again, and then go here: SFC2OP\MetaAssets\db\saves and see if u can delete anything there...

Try it now.

Otherwise, you'll need a pro helping u.

Offline KBF-Kapact

• No matter how much Paramount and Viacom abuse and neglect and generally make a bloody mess of Trek, and despite the fact that they seem to have intentionally stuck a knife in it's belly, technically they still own it.
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Old enough to know better, but I just don't give a
    • What is Fantasy Trek?
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2007, 09:24:59 pm »

That would be great but my copy of mod-chooser, just like to error each time I try to run it.

Oh.... I thought my answer was a little too simple. Good luck then.....

KBF-Kapact
IKS Ab'Qaff
"Surrender or be des-"

{sound of explosion}
http://fantasytrek.blogspot.com/
http://houseabukoff.blogspot.com
http://kapactsrant.blogspot.com/
http://startrekenterprisevirtualseasons.blogspot.com/

Klingon Black Fleet
"...laughing, undefeated..."

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2007, 12:31:42 am »
Un installed OP+ , reinstalled it, got the latest forge pack,

on with no problems.

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2007, 11:56:25 pm »
I've got the blank dynaverse login thing now after running ATOK uninstaller.  Fabulous.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2007, 01:57:55 am »
Uninstall ?? never !! I tried it once and had the same problem as geek. I go in with a cro-bar (the mighty 'delete' key) and remove the offending directory and edit the config file for mod chooser.

Works every time (the last 5 servers anyway).
"Artificial Intelligence is not a suitable substitute for natural stupidity"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2007, 03:01:58 pm »
Umm, Dyna admin...

Are you ever going to un-ban Alphageek ?? Sounds like she was pissed off then and she's prolly over it by now.

I kinda miss her, let her come back. please.
"Artificial Intelligence is not a suitable substitute for natural stupidity"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline Strafer

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2007, 12:22:03 pm »
There was an old bug on this in the patch notes. If you had a solo campaign going and applied the Taldren patch you had to erase the campaign files. Since those are created after the game is installed the various installers/uninstallers have no way of knowing they exist.
--
Code: [Select]
Lineage II
Server                           Sieghardt                    deviantrealms.com (dead)
Chars       Strafer          L24 Rogue                  L64 Hawkeye
                StrayFar       L64 Tyrant                  L51 Tyrant
                StrawFur      L37 Scavenger            L49 Bounty Hunter
                StraightFour L62 Shillen Elder         L53 Shillen Elder