Topic: Let's play a little game :)  (Read 2977 times)

Offline Adonis

• Dark Slayer
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Da Death Squad ™®©
    • Star Trek Excalibur
Let's play a little game :)
« on: July 02, 2007, 12:04:39 pm »
Ok, lemme see who will notice what's "wrong" in this pic :)
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Let's play a little game :)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 12:18:08 pm »
... I dont get it.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Adonis

• Dark Slayer
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Da Death Squad ™®©
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 12:29:52 pm »
Need any hints guys?

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 12:48:26 pm »
Aside from the P81 bashes and LC's Excelsior, and that saucer that looks like a glowing flying saucer, and the lighting across the entire render being off, not sure what I'm looking for.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 12:48:51 pm »
That and the Oberth running away.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 12:50:16 pm »
Erm - I think i see some Specular Bloom... but that could be my monitor needing to be cleaned.
Is it the connie with the nacelles at 90 degrees ala: this
Is it the class of which there is three in the picture?
??? o.0
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Adonis

• Dark Slayer
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Da Death Squad ™®©
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 12:52:05 pm »
Negative on both (mostly).

And no, it ain't the Javelin lol

Try by counting the number of ships of each class there. I won't give more hint that that lol

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 12:54:39 pm »
okay, so we have 2 ships of one class, 2 ships of another, and 5 ships of their own class.... Still don't get it...
Robinomicon

Offline Adonis

• Dark Slayer
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Da Death Squad ™®©
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 12:55:52 pm »
okay, so we have 2 ships of one class, 2 ships of another, and 5 ships of their own class.... Still don't get it...

Not quite accurate.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 01:00:32 pm »
They're ugly kitbashes?  One Connie Variant, one Excelsior, and one Oberth, which I think now isn't running away, judging from the warp engines and the secondary hull. 

Offline Adonis

• Dark Slayer
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Da Death Squad ™®©
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 01:04:26 pm »
They're ugly kitbashes?  One Connie Variant, one Excelsior, and one Oberth, which I think now isn't running away, judging from the warp engines and the secondary hull. 

Seraph wa sthe closest, he only made a slight mistake.

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 01:27:27 pm »
Four of those ships appear to be the same design with only minor differences... a new class?

A new connie variant, presumably the excellent Excelsior model, an Okinawa, and a strange one-nacelled Excelsior variant with a glowing bridge section.

Offline Adonis

• Dark Slayer
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Da Death Squad ™®©
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 01:29:45 pm »
Four of those ships appear to be the same design with only minor differences... a new class?

Closest answer so far.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 01:37:05 pm »
Of those 4 mentioned, 2 look to have TMP saucers and bridges, while the other two appear to be more TOS when it comes to the saucer and bridge modules.  Also the two TOS looking saucers have no saucer lightmaps.  Still ugly kitbashes.   :P

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 01:40:10 pm »
If these ships have our attention then...

Two of the four new ships seem to have similiar design- there are two ships each representing two variants. The bridge structure is different between the two, as well as the aft hull pallet. The Nacelles also differ between the TMP style black-coil ones and ones that appear to be all lit ala DS9 Mirandas.

Offhand, I might suggest that this is another attempt at making the NCA/NCL, as the SSD's shape is more or less configured like this; a saucer with an extended section on the back.

Offline Adonis

• Dark Slayer
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Da Death Squad ™®©
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 01:44:41 pm »
If these ships have our attention then...

Two of the four new ships seem to have similiar design- there are two ships each representing two variants. The bridge structure is different between the two, as well as the aft hull pallet. The Nacelles also differ between the TMP style black-coil ones and ones that appear to be all lit ala DS9 Mirandas.

Offhand, I might suggest that this is another attempt at making the NCA/NCL, as the SSD's shape is more or less configured like this; a saucer with an extended section on the back.

+1 karma, you got it.

The two lighter hull color ones are my redo of Mindblip's Ashton class starship. And some pix:

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 01:55:26 pm »
Why, thank you :)

*arches eyebrow* an interesting design. One design change that might look interesting is changing the main deflector into a circular design similar to the way the McArthur carrier is configured in stock SFC.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 02:03:42 pm »
I agree - the ship looks cool, i actually like it - Textures look particularly amazing (I hope you bake that GI into the texture). I wouldn't mind seeing what a round deflector would do, but Its not the end of the world if it doesnt happen.

EDIT: I am digging the nacelles too.
Robinomicon

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2007, 09:01:58 am »
I've seen the "Connie Mk.IV." before in diagrams, etc. I spotted it straight away. According to what I have here they run the shorter "Avaline" engines as oposed to the previous LN64 types. I have a downloaded model somewhere.

The version next to La Forge is a "Connie" converted to Fast Cruiser Technology" as a test bed. Someone at Star Fleet woke up one morning and thought, "Hey, instead of having 4 nacelles and switching between them, like on the Chetah, Constellation, Gallant, etc. Classes, why don't we just put to seperate sets of warp coils in each nacelle and switch between each set!! It would work the same way!!"

I'm working on a kitbash of the original TOS period FCT starship test bed, the NCC 518 Hamilcar, which'll be finished one day eventually.

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2007, 08:40:39 pm »
the ship is cool, but the dome under the saucer are in the way of the phaser under the saucer.

the mega phaser on tope are interesting and the two torpedo tube on the warp pylon also are cool.  8)