Topic: CAMEO from the MODEL JUNKIE  (Read 1500 times)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
CAMEO from the MODEL JUNKIE
« on: July 01, 2007, 03:21:27 pm »
Hiya Folks !!!!

Real Life issues are keeping me away for now, but I had a few hours free so I thought I'd send ya'll a lil something.
Here ya go F_W I know you've been waiting for this for a loooooooooooooong time.

OUTALANCE SHIPYARDS
U.S.S. Sulaco
Conestoga class Spaceship

Used by the United States Colonial Marines, a fictional military force featured heavily in Aliens, the Sulaco is a Conestoga-class starship, originally designed as troop and logistics transports.
By 2179 in the Alien-Universe, these ships had been converted into a rapid-response military transport, with orbital bombardment and fleet support capabilities.
The Sulaco masses 78,000 metric tons and measures 385 meters (1,263 feet, almost a quarter-mile) in length.
In her role as a troop carrier, Sulaco carries two UD4L Cheyenne dropships and has sufficient life support capabilities for 90 crew and passengers.
In an emergency, as many as 2,000 troops can be placed in hibernation in the main cargo hangars.
She is powered by a 3.6 terawatt fusion reactor using high density lithium hydride for fuel. Sublight propulsion is provided by four GF-2400 rocket motors using industrial carbon-diamond as reaction mass.
Faster-than-light propulsion is provided by a hyperdrive tachyon shunt, with a maximum speed of 0.74 light years per sidereal day.
The Sulaco's hull panels are constructed from radar absorbing material, which reduces the ship's radar cross section to low levels.
------------
*Alternate Shipnames Included*
------------
Author: ModelsPlease
Mesh and Textures: MadJohn
Based on the Original textures from the "Sulaco" Mod by Helgard
Additional Illumination Maps: ModelsPlease
HP/DP and Scale: ModelsPlease
SFC Conversion: ModelsPlease
Source: Aliens: Colonial Marines Technical Manual

SHIP STATS:

Length: 385 meters (1,263 feet, almost a quarter-mile) 
Shuttles: Two UD4L Cheyenne dropships
90 crew and passengers
In an emergency, as many as 2,000 troops can be placed in hibernation in the main cargo hangars.

WEAPONS:

-Eight long-range ASAT missiles fired from the dorsal launch bay
-Two forward-firing 800 MeV Neutral Particle Beam weapons, which can disable the electronics systems of enemy spacecraft out to a range of 100,000 km
-Four (two twin turrets, one dorsal, one ventral) Kinetic Energy Railguns
-Two 80 MW point-defence lasers for vaporizing incoming missiles and kinetic energy rounds
-Ventral mine dispenser — magazine can hold up to 60 orbital fragmentation mines
-Up to 80 guided re-entry vehicles including bunker buster, high-explosive, and nuclear warheads
-20 decoy ballutes and two maneuverable decoy drones in aft ventral bay.

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,9309467c8057c327fb628bea00bdaf2d.rar

AND .....................

UD4L Cheyenne
Dropship and Tactical Transport

The UD4L Dropship is a fictional dropship and tactical transport used by the United States Colonial Marines in the movie Aliens.
It was derived from an original United Americas Department of Defense requirement formulated at the end of the Tienstin conflict.
It acts as a gunship by using its own internal gun and deploying weapon pods and hardpoints for rockets and missiles.
The principle airframe is constructed from superplastic-formed diffusion-bonded metal matrix composites (MMC) and its 103.6 cubic meter internal payload bay can easily fit a M577 A.P.C. (turret stowed).
The engines can produce exceptionally high thrust for low specific fuel consumption.
The UD4L Dropship is also called a "Cheyenne."
It has AN/ALQ-2004E defensive systems to keep it well protected.
It has two types of power plants to allow vertical take-off capability (VTOL) hover to the hypersonic trans-atmospheric.
----------------------
Author: ModelsPlease
Mesh and Textures: Unknown
Additional Illumination Maps: ModelsPlease
HP/DP and Scale: ModelsPlease
SFC Conversion: ModelsPlease
Source: Aliens: Colonial Marines Technical Manual

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,273cf03fd699888cbb1e84ebd5262b5b.rar

Enjoy Folks, Hope to see ya'll soon
PEACE
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
Re: CAMEO from the MODEL JUNKIE
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 03:59:48 pm »
Beautiful....looking forward to your return, ill have some models for you to convert when you get back  ;)
Never let your ego think or act for you..........me.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 04:19:27 pm »
Oh hell ya! Thats bad ass!

Offline Anthony Scott

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Off chasing a lunatic 8 year old :D:P
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 08:57:32 pm »
"Somebody wake up Hicks!" :D ;D :laugh:

Great movie, beautiful models, looking out for more. Welcome back!

Semper Fi, Carry On
"No enemy can ever completely defeat you. A physical enemy can take your land, your gold, your property. But in order to be defeated uttelry only you can allow that. The human heart can only be crushed from within, not without."- The Dalai Lama

My art blog:
http://anthdigiart.blogspot.com/
My Deviant Art page:
http://anthsco.deviantart.com/
Resident forum history junkie.

"An intelligent man must sometimes get drunk to spend time with fools."
                      -Ernest Hemingway

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 09:43:56 pm »
nice work. Oh and MP, we should catch up at some point. I just transfered a bunch of stuff over and made a preliminary BC mod of a romulan ship. Once I get the feel for things again I'll do some more. (bit rusty aint modded since last october) anyways, today I got the last of my tools operating and ofcourse all mod files from the other machine.