Topic: Strength and Honour...  (Read 4559 times)

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
Strength and Honour...
« on: June 22, 2007, 03:23:44 pm »
Got a tad tired with the FASA design, so I designed and built my own...
Marklin-Class, USS Xenophon

Special thanks to Tus for the renders and Lightmaps

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Still Building Models Nobody Wants ...
Re: Strength and Honour...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 03:31:09 pm »
I like the Frell outta that ... ALOT!.

I, Mudd.

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 05:36:36 pm »
That is very nice very  ;D

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 07:25:17 pm »
She looks real nice. Great way to do the globes on the rear of the nacelles (off axis field controllers I think is the proper treknobabble ;) ) She just needs some registry markings to finish her off.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 07:33:46 pm »
A cross between ENT and her shuttle pods. Original :)

I like the forward turret structure with the windows, especially... and the texture on the nacelle caps.

intermech

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 07:36:10 pm »
:o

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 10:13:18 pm »
Cool chit, dude!! ;D
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 07:29:01 pm »
Thnx

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 09:57:35 am »
cool designe.

remind me of the old fcl  ;D

so where are the torpedo fire from?

also what are the yellow square near the warp pylons?

Offline Mackie

• Puu jok' unhoittaa juurensa, kaatuu.
  • Lt. Commander
  • The tree that forgets its roots, will fall.
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 12:44:46 pm »
That is a really, really sweet ship right there i tell you what :)
Other than for the slight mapping oddity clearly visible in the front, i have absolutely no complaints or dislikes whatsoever :>
http://www.stupidfusion.com

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 02:15:18 pm »
It's alright a design for Enterprise's depiction of Pre-TOS, but it's not my cup of tea overall.  Maybe it's just a gut feeling, maybe it's just a bias against it that had mild out over the years (but is still there), I don't know... I do like the bussard collectors, and although I'm not fond of the rear tips of the engines (although I realize it's an ENT-esque design trait), the engines look pretty good.  I also, for the most part, wouldn't say the design looks out of place for a Pre-TOS ship, even if I'm not fond of it in general.

But it's probably just me.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 04:07:03 pm »
Thanks all

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 06:46:40 pm »
so where are the torpedo fire from?

also what are the yellow square near the warp pylons?

Well the torps fire from the same spot as all tos ships... from that bulb on the bottom of the saucer

The yellow squares... well they are launch door for the missles...
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 06:54:26 pm »
It's alright a design for Enterprise's depiction of Pre-TOS, but it's not my cup of tea overall.  Maybe it's just a gut feeling, maybe it's just a bias against it that had mild out over the years (but is still there), I don't know... I do like the bussard collectors, and although I'm not fond of the rear tips of the engines (although I realize it's an ENT-esque design trait), the engines look pretty good.  I also, for the most part, wouldn't say the design looks out of place for a Pre-TOS ship, even if I'm not fond of it in general.

Cj

I like how you can speak your mind, i really do.  But bud you gotta learn when to cut it back into something that is more civil and little less rude.  I know you may not like ent inspired stuff (this also happens to be inntially fasa inspired last i checked, as well as a few dozen other things according to atolm, some (if not most) are not trek related) , but you could tone it back just a bit and talk more about the ship and less about how you dislike ent, else it just sounds like you are ranting.  just some friendly advice.
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 01:24:20 am »

Cj

I like how you can speak your mind, i really do.  But bud you gotta learn when to cut it back into something that is more civil and little less rude.  I know you may not like ent inspired stuff (this also happens to be inntially fasa inspired last i checked, as well as a few dozen other things according to atolm, some (if not most) are not trek related) , but you could tone it back just a bit and talk more about the ship and less about how you dislike ent, else it just sounds like you are ranting.  just some friendly advice.

Tus, I like where you're comin from.

Back to the ship.

I like this design, I really do. It's nice and solid. It's like the TOS version of the Constellation. The decks shake, and the chairs squeek, and she'll groan past warp 6, but damn shes got character. She won't ever let her shields go out so long as you believe in her. You know what I'm sayin'? I'd love to see just a little more grunge and carbon build up, just to take the edge off, but that's small cookies.
I like how you have the nacelles, the indented parts look like they are exposing more basic structure, like the coil housing is exposed - In the design I would have exposed more, just to give ita more primitive/inefficient look, which could add to the Old Warhorse nature - follow me?
Just musin along, don't be minding me. ^_^
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 01:17:00 pm »

Cj

Tus, I like where you're comin from.

Back to the ship.

I like this design, I really do. It's nice and solid. It's like the TOS version of the Constellation. The decks shake, and the chairs squeek, and she'll groan past warp 6, but damn shes got character. She won't ever let her shields go out so long as you believe in her. You know what I'm sayin'? I'd love to see just a little more grunge and carbon build up, just to take the edge off, but that's small cookies.
I like how you have the nacelles, the indented parts look like they are exposing more basic structure, like the coil housing is exposed - In the design I would have exposed more, just to give ita more primitive/inefficient look, which could add to the Old Warhorse nature - follow me?
Just musin along, don't be minding me. ^_^
Well If Tus ever gets his hands on the textures or is bored I'm sure he'll mess with her.
I personally like "new" ships :)

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 02:13:21 pm »
not a bad design, bottom seems a bit bland to me, like it's missing something, in terms of structure not texture, and for sucha  light ship of an early era it seems to have a few too many arcs ventrally. One would assume a DD to have a few strong weapons (if those are indeed phaser tits ;D ) and use it's manuverability to bring ships into it's arc. Any chance of a shinny metalic Akiraprise hull texture? Nothing wrong with the one you got on it now, but this ship would look good in both era's.

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 06:28:32 pm »
Phaser bulbs??!! I throught that between ENT and TOS ships still used retractable Laser Cannons / Phase Cannons  thingees that hid behind armoured hatches. Those yellow doors would be well placed for rear arc retractable beam weapons.

Missiles are best launched  through ventral or dorsal silos.

It has the right asthetic for a pre-TOS, post ENT starship.

Reminds me of a Texas Class F-CL as well.

So when is the model appearing inthe showrooms then??

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2007, 06:31:52 pm »
Phaser bulbs??!! I throught that between ENT and TOS ships still used retractable Laser Cannons / Phase Cannons  thingees that hid behind armoured hatches. Those yellow doors would be well placed for rear arc retractable beam weapons.

Missiles are best launched  through ventral or dorsal silos.

It has the right asthetic for a pre-TOS, post ENT starship.

Reminds me of a Texas Class F-CL as well.

So when is the model appearing inthe showrooms then??

LOL, the nx-01 used them only untill the FX dept got tired of doing all that work for every ep where firing was needed, after which the nx suddenly had 3 times the number of phasers it had before which were somehow installed in the hospitable expanse (some how I would think some EV walks would be needed) with no visable changes to the ships exterior....atleast this ship will fire from places where it looks like it should fire from.

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2007, 07:08:12 pm »
EV walks to clean all those windows then!!

It also reminded me of something else when I saw it/ It had the same style and theme as another ship but I couldn't put my finger on it. I've just remembered now looking at it, Rich Steinbech's pictures of the USS Horizon NCC 01 from the Space Flight Chronology. The very first Federation built starship. It has a similar ethos about the design.

When is someone going to do the original Horizon Class anyway??!!

At least with the retractable laser cannons one could take them out, beam them down to a planet, assemble them right in front of the target, shout "Fire" and remove the tops of of hills, etc. I always liked that American problem solving logic of, "I know, lets try a bigger gun!!" You can see why ENT needs an Englishman on board sometimes, even if he is cliched and sterotypical a bit.

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!