Topic: Fantastic <snicker> Four  (Read 2928 times)

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
Fantastic <snicker> Four
« on: June 21, 2007, 03:16:41 pm »
Don't normally do movie reviews- but ooc did anyone catch this?
Anyone else find it to be just about the most boring move of the summer..maybe ever?
Great specical effects, decent acting..but how do people get jobs turning out scripts and dialogue like that?

Also took niece to see the surfing penguin movie, hvae to say- if under any circumstances I have to see one of them again it'd be the penguin movie hands down.
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Re: Fantastic <snicker> Four
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 06:05:00 pm »
Don't normally do movie reviews- but ooc did anyone catch this?
Anyone else find it to be just about the most boring move of the summer..maybe ever?
Great specical effects, decent acting..but how do people get jobs turning out scripts and dialogue like that?

Also took niece to see the surfing penguin movie, hvae to say- if under any circumstances I have to see one of them again it'd be the penguin movie hands down.

So the choices are:
1/ See the Fantastic Four
2/ See  a "surfing penguin movie
or
3/ See your niece

and you choose the penguins?  Heartless uncle.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 06:34:42 pm »
I watched this crappy movie last week, that had some gal teaching kids how to dance. Granted, Kids need to know how to do other things, like read, and maybe do math. But I think it deserved an oscar, simply because of Jessica Alba.

Likewise, FF4 part Doh! needs an oscar, because of Jessica Alba. It's a bad idea to take your underage niece to a film though, to drool over Jessica Alba. When seeing her, the only advice I have, is bring plenty of tissue paper.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 10:43:17 am »
Hey Steven...

"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 11:19:15 am »
Hey Steven...

Dangit man, now I got to watch Sin City again today.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
  • Sfc3files Dept Site Admin
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 12:46:01 pm »
So the choices are:
or
3/ See your niece

You are cruel....  ;D

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 05:09:54 pm »
Hey- the penguin movie was alot funnier than my niece was.
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 08:03:52 pm »
So the choices are:
or
3/ See your niece

You are cruel....  ;D

Not cruel, inspirational.

My youngest niece for example.  Today she graduates grade 8 and told her mother that in High School she plans to be in the top grade category every semester - because of me.  She has decided that someone has to be smarter than "Uncle Alien" and since no one else has managed it she is going to no matter how hard she has to work at it.  See I inspire people.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."