Topic: Tiberius Station One, Mirror Connie, found.  (Read 3322 times)

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
Tiberius Station One, Mirror Connie, found.
« on: May 20, 2007, 07:42:13 pm »
It's been a while...

I, Mudd... want your ship back? Found one on my harddrive... :)

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
Re: Tiberius Station One, Mirror Connie, found.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 01:03:25 am »
I guess I would simply post it on Battleclinic for all to dl, but I guess this IS I, Mudd's model and I wanted to know specificly if he wanted it back and what his policy was on it.

Long ago I used to have the TMP one too, but it's since vanished. It might be buried on my harddrive but I doubt it. Shame too, that was the best connie repaint I've seen (barring WillDecker's TMP-Ent versions that is).

So when I get I, Mudd's permission I guess I'll release it back to the internets. Funny thing is, I still have the .zip file it origionally came in...

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Still Building Models Nobody Wants ...
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 01:31:16 am »
That saucer detail sucks ... this guy should just give up ...

(Wow ... how embarrassing .. lol! Where did you find this travesty, and yeah ... I'd like a copy of it too, to FIX it! LOL!)

Anyways ...

If I remember correctly, and I might not .. lol, this was a re-texture only. That's how I got started doing these things, way back when, with Tiberius Station; simply re-texturing other folks stuff. The original modeler might have either been Moonraker or Anduril ... I don't remember, although I should have credited the modeler in the file's read me. If I didn't, that was a Noob's error, or maybe it was an early build of mine, but I doubt that.

If it's a re-texture, or even if I did build it, (again - I doubt it), post it where you will for download, (as if anyone would actually want the hideous thing ... lol) ... 'cause I'm having difficulties getting back to Planet Mudd as an admin ... long story, hard drive hardships ... KA PLOOEY ... 'nuff said.

As for that old TMP ship, that model belonged to P81; again with the re-texturing. I remember it being a pain in the ass to do because he always used so many little texture files.

For the record, nostalgic walks in the past are not always what they're cracked up to be ... especially this one ... lol.

I, Mudd.

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 01:51:35 am »
Really?

As I said I thought your Mirror-coating of all those ships was marvelous. I sorely missed TS1 when it went down...

And I seem to recall seeing the origional connie mod somewhere. For those that didn't notice, this connie's got the higher bridge than the series run... not many Connies around that have that.

Mudd, do you want me to mail you a model?

Otherwise I suppose I'll stick this one up on Battleclinic... assuming I can.

Anyone have Mudd's refit Connie? I've seen several members claiming to have it, but nobody's stepped forward.

------------

Perused through the file's readme.

ship Name: ISS Enterprise   

Ship Class: Proto-Constitution Class Heavy Cruiser (version 1) / Mirror Refit

Race: Mirror Universe

Author:Anduril, Ghost, and Adrix

Date: Nov 19 2001

Contact info: adrix@strato.net

Model Credits: Anduril

Retexturing of USS Republic: Ghost

Mirror Universe Textures: Adrix

The readme is included in the file, and you've been credited as I, Mudd. I assume your screename was different back then when this model was made...

Battleclinic appears to be down. I'll get it uploaded when it gets back up again.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 02:02:57 am by Norsehound »

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 02:12:10 am »
Really?

As I said I thought your Mirror-coating of all those ships was marvelous. I sorely missed TS1 when it went down...

It was alive during a pretty exciting era of this community ... new models by Ghost13 and Moonraker, P81, Anduril, Atrahasis, Wicked Zombie and the even more elusive ... Deadmeat, who really inspired me with his Starfleet Museum work. Y'know, I can't remember why it went down ...

Mudd, do you want me to mail you a model?

Well, yeah ... my email addy listed in my profile is current. the one in the readme is no more.

Otherwise I suppose I'll stick this one up on Battleclinic... assuming I can.

Yeah, go ahead.

And I seem to recall seeing the origional connie mod somewhere. For those that didn't notice, this connie's got the higher bridge than the series run... not many Connies around that have that.

------------

Perused through the file's readme.

ship Name: ISS Enterprise   

Ship Class: Proto-Constitution Class Heavy Cruiser (version 1) / Mirror Refit

Race: Mirror Universe

Author:Anduril, Ghost, and Adrix

Date: Nov 19 2001

Contact info: adrix@strato.net

Model Credits: Anduril

Retexturing of USS Republic: Ghost

Mirror Universe Textures: Adrix

The readme is included in the file, and you've been credited as I, Mudd. I assume your screename was different back then when this model was made...

Yeah, the high bridge version caught my eye; I'm a sucker for classic rarities. Used to be available at Ghostdock13 ... and yes, I still use the name Adrix on various webforums, usually more D&D type stuff though. I also went by Kole2003 for a time around here too.

I, Mudd.

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 02:29:24 am »
Since Battleclinic decided to error on me when I tried uploading it- I've sent it to Mudd, to rehost on his site, upload himself, or whatever.

Hopefully we'll see more of those ships come out of the woodworks :D

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 03:41:14 pm »
Mudd, did you get the mail I sent?

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 04:33:37 pm »
Actually I have that one too!

Found it lurking in a corner of my HDD, hiding from me and any retexture Ideas I might have.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 05:00:43 pm »
I tried playing with the textures of this ship too... even though Mudd bemoans his own work, it's one of the best connie variants I've found anywhere. I sure miss his TMP one.

But then, I suppose I should just make my own ;)

Offline KOTH-KieranXC, Ret.

• Spokesman, Punisher Industries
  • Lt. Commander
  • K-Fo, diehard SFCer and Taldrenite, est. 2000
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 11:12:19 pm »
Hmm, there's definitely potential there... I like the red stripe on the saucer and the grey coloring, but the saucer detailing and the name/registry could definitely use some work. As I said though, there's definitely some potential for a great model there, instead of a good but aging one.
"One minute to space doors."

"Are you just going to walk through them?"

"Calm yourself, Doctor."

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 04:44:15 am »
Personally I like the idea of the name/regestry. I also liked the underside texture of the saucer.

But uh...pending WickedZombie's approval (his model), you guys might enjoy this;

Textured it myself, inspired greatly by Mudd's wonderful work :D

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 11:34:20 pm »
Okay ... this is more acceptable.

Download and enjoy;

I, Mudd.

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 03:04:25 am »
Looks lovely Mudd.