Topic: Will Decker: First Look at the Phase II retexture  (Read 1718 times)

Offline WillDecker

• Commander of the U.S.S. Khambatta NCC-7101
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • The Khambatta Project
Will Decker: First Look at the Phase II retexture
« on: June 10, 2007, 12:09:52 pm »
Well I have been trying to work on some ideas for a rextexturing of this ship, and here is my first go around with the TMP style fonts and look. Right now this is a small sample of the Phase II Enterprise textures
Where the universe ends, our dream begins. Somewhere beyond the dark... (Ilia's Theme ST:TMP/U.S.S. Khambatta Motto)

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
Re: Will Decker: First Look at the Phase II retexture
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 02:37:33 pm »
Already it's a vast improvement, IMHO that is.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 02:58:47 pm »
Looking very good so far. When i built that model eons ago i tried to blend what IMO was the best of TOS, and TMP detailing into it. Since the studio model was never completed, there really is no guide to what the exterior would have looked like other than artwork. You can pretty much use your best judgement.

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 01:38:37 am »
There are a set of blueprints for the PH-II model on:

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/enterprise-phase-2-refit-program.php

Among other things, apparently the PH-II Enterprise also carries FOUR photon torpedo launchers (Bottom two, two more located in the bridge), and hexagonal docking ports. There are, however, no details located on the exterior of the model.

I recall a long while ago you did modify WickedZombie's model to have that differing bridge section. Luckily I still have it :). Since I see you've already modified the nacelle textures to the familiar PH-II design (As well as the photon launch tube), will you also alter the bridge?

As to the retextures- I like the size you chose on the font gracing the bottom part of the hull. There is another PH-II model out there with the same font and placement- but of a much larger size.... so large I found it kinda distracting.

Anyway, your work is marvelous. Continue!

Offline CC22

• Has been known to kitbash in the name of 'canon'...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 05:46:45 pm »
Bit too TMP don't you think? The promo and design pics show a style more in keeping with TOS. Also watch for the windows in the Warp core channel in the neck ;) Good work though!
"For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see, Saw the Vision of the World, and all the wonder that would be..."

Offline WillDecker

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • The Khambatta Project
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 06:40:59 pm »
I am still working on a lot of the details for the Phase II model. I am glad everyone likes what they see so far. I am working on some more details with her. Might add the Preprod Enterprise's bridge module on her as well for a variant. Not sure. As for it being too TMP. This is only one version of the textures I plan to do another with a more TOS feel to her.
Where the universe ends, our dream begins. Somewhere beyond the dark... (Ilia's Theme ST:TMP/U.S.S. Khambatta Motto)

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 07:19:04 pm »
the new texture is cool, but you should not call it Enterprise, Endeavour show that another ship was refit before the enterprise.

hope that the model it self will not get change, i like the phaser stiking out of the hull, make it look cool  :D

Offline WillDecker

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • The Khambatta Project
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 11:16:55 pm »
the new texture is cool, but you should not call it Enterprise, Endeavour show that another ship was refit before the enterprise.

hope that the model it self will not get change, i like the phaser stiking out of the hull, make it look cool :D

The reason there is an Enterprise texture is mainly to show a "what if" since the Enterprise Refit was originally going to look like this before ST:TMP came to be. There will be others but I figure an Enterprise version was needed for those who wanted to imagine the adventures of Kirk, Xon, Decker, and McCoy