Topic: SFC3.mod file to 3dsmax7  (Read 3312 times)

Offline GFL Offkey

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Galactic Foriegn Legion
SFC3.mod file to 3dsmax7
« on: March 14, 2007, 09:32:08 am »
Is there anyone who can or knows where i can get a plugin for 3dsmax to open the .mod file? I need it for 3dsmax 7 I have the one for version 3 and 4. But need one for 7

Offline [ISC]Phaser

• Fleet Admiral
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • "Fire in the Bowl"
Re: SFC3.mod file to 3dsmax7
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 12:44:32 pm »
Sorry, but there isn't one for 3dmax7 only versions that have .mod importer and exporter are version 3-5.

Offline GFL Offkey

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 07:35:13 pm »
bummer can anyone code one?

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 07:09:01 am »

If you had the source code for the plugins, and knew a little about compiling code, you could use the SDK for Max 7 to compile a plugin.

But I don't think the source code for the plugins was ever released.  The only SFC plugins that I know of with the source code included are the ones for Milkshape 3D.  I suppose if you were knowledgeable enough, you could use that source code along with the SDK for MAX 7 and compile working plugins.

If you do, think you can compile BC plugins for MAX 5 and above?
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline T' Kang

• T' Kang
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • sfc3.tkang@hotmail.com
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 02:16:35 pm »

If you had the source code for the plugins, and knew a little about compiling code, you could use the SDK for Max 7 to compile a plugin.

But I don't think the source code for the plugins was ever released.  The only SFC plugins that I know of with the source code included are the ones for Milkshape 3D.  I suppose if you were knowledgeable enough, you could use that source code along with the SDK for MAX 7 and compile working plugins.

I looked through the archives, and the source codes for the plug-ins were never released. A few years ago I remembered seeing a way to save the 3ds file in v4.2 format then opening up the old version of max and saving as a mod file with the Taldren plug in.
sfc3.tkang@hotmail.com
APR D3 (c) Mod Director

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 05:42:02 am »

I looked through the archives, and the source codes for the plug-ins were never released. A few years ago I remembered seeing a way to save the 3ds file in v4.2 format then opening up the old version of max and saving as a mod file with the Taldren plug in.

MAX 4.2 has plugins for SFC, so having to save as 3DS and opening up the ship in an older version of MAX shouldn't be necessary.  It's been done before however.  Some people with newer versions of MAX past version 5 do it quite often.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Heavens Eagle

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 09:12:22 pm »
IIRC  It seems to me that the ORIGINAL release of the plugins for Max 3 had the source code for the plugins with it.  Since most folks never thought it through that part of the package ended up being left out after that for space saving reasons.

AND !

I have a copy of that original max 3 plugins release WITH the source code.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 10:47:40 pm »
IIRC  It seems to me that the ORIGINAL release of the plugins for Max 3 had the source code for the plugins with it.  Since most folks never thought it through that part of the package ended up being left out after that for space saving reasons.

AND !

I have a copy of that original max 3 plugins release WITH the source code.

How much you gonna blackmail us for it?   ;D ;D

Heavens Eagle

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 11:14:31 pm »
Boy that didn't take as long as I thought it would.  I guess it pays off to archive the fire out of everything I got my hands on back when.

I just need an e-mail addy to send the rar file to.

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 12:38:40 am »
If I might get a copy as well, please kind sir. 8)

rocketrod6a@gmail.com
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 09:05:01 am »
Golden_Centurion@hotmail.com

I can't compile a new plugin, but it would be nice to have a copy of the source code should I ever run across anyone that can.

Offline GFL Offkey

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 09:38:21 am »
Please send source to tljones@vcn.com and i will build plugins

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Still Building Models Nobody Wants ...
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2007, 10:58:44 pm »
Any progress here? Just keeping an eye on this thread, as I recently upgraded and will need a new plugin myself.

By the way, Heavens Eagle, pass that file this way to me. Never compiled a plugin before, but it can't be THAT tough, can it? lol.

Thanks;
I, Mudd.