Topic: Post your HUD/Effects textures  (Read 1645 times)

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • No Replacement For Displacement
Post your HUD/Effects textures
« on: June 06, 2007, 02:21:47 pm »
Post your custom effects!

The first is a Quantum torpedo texture I got from Rake's armada weapons textures.  I made the Plasma G the Feddie's QT and removed it from all of the other races.  Looks pretty awesome when used with UAW.  The Excalibur I have in my game spits 'em out like a runaway howitzer.

The second are the Akira Torpedoes from the same source.  They look way better than the stock variety, methinks.  Dreadnoughts are a little more intimidating now when firing swarms of them.

The last things are some shield textures I did.  I like the ambient lighting down really low during play, and these look pretty awesome in the dark.  And a little paused message with the TNG font.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
Re: Post your HUD/Effects textures
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 04:25:32 pm »
One thing I can't quite seem to understand.  Why use Plasma Torpedoes for Quantum Torpedoes?  I guess I can understand it if the Mod is EAW, but OP has the Heavy Photon that could easily become the Quantum, with out changing it into a seeking weapon, which is isn't supposed to be.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 05:25:34 pm »
plasmas don't miss. lol
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • No Replacement For Displacement
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 06:13:57 pm »
One thing I can't quite seem to understand.  Why use Plasma Torpedoes for Quantum Torpedoes?  I guess I can understand it if the Mod is EAW, but OP has the Heavy Photon that could easily become the Quantum, with out changing it into a seeking weapon, which is isn't supposed to be.

The OP mod Universe At War turns plasmas into fed quantums.  Quantum Torpedoes are only awesome if they hit something, and the Heavy Photons are even more inaccurate than the default ones.  Plasmas charge longer but are more practical for QT's in the long run IMHO.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 06:37:11 pm »
I would prefer the ability to Proxy with Quantums rather than the always hit, but only if they catch the target, way it is now.  The quantum torpedo just is not supposed to be a seeking weapon.  I understand that that was what had to be done in the EAW mod, but why do it with the OP mod when it doesn't have to be that way?
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 01:27:40 am »
Not sure about using quantoms as Plasmas... I liked SFB and the touch of adding plasmas to Fed ships.

Anyway, the textures look awesome. I only wish the quantoms could throw off the "blinding glare" effect they do in the movies.