Topic: D&D Online...  (Read 2076 times)

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
D&D Online...
« on: June 02, 2007, 09:04:45 pm »
Anyone playing it? Anyone tried it?

Just found the DVD I picked uo when it first came out, realized I never got around to actually playing hte game. Just kinda curious if it's worth installing.
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: D&D Online...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 09:16:21 pm »
I was never able to get it to work Hexx, but my best Friend Mike, swears by it.

Let me know, and I'm sure he will give you a heads up, help you out kinda thing. Just let me know your PC's name.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Storvick_XC

• IFT Fleet Captain
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 11:28:16 pm »
ya talking about the one Turbine made or another one that came out that I never heard of? If its the Turbine one then its a good game, I played it but quit when LoTR on-line came out. DDO is Turbine's 3rd game that they created. The first being Asheron's Call which has been out for a little over 7 years now and still getting players comeing into the game.

Offline Ferretlxix_XC

• Methane Breathing Weasel Capt. & Halo/RvB fanatic
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
  • Hydran Capt Xeno Corp, XC clan overlord Halo 2
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 08:21:45 pm »
MMOs aren't my thing but I have a few buddies that swear by it.

Offline CaptStumpy

• Commodore
    • Religion and Politics
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 04:58:26 pm »
I played for over a year. Tough soloing. It's necessary to group and run the same dungeon repeatedly which is kinda sucky.

Nice combat system. Tons of spells for casters.

Gave it up to do LOTRO.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein

It is impossible to reason someone out of something that he did not reason himself into in the first place. - Jonathan Swift

Offline Storvick_XC

• IFT Fleet Captain
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 05:02:04 pm »
Stumpy what server ya on in LoTR?

Offline CaptStumpy

• Commodore
    • Religion and Politics
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 05:44:28 pm »
Stumpy what server ya on in LoTR?

Nimrodel
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein

It is impossible to reason someone out of something that he did not reason himself into in the first place. - Jonathan Swift

Offline Storvick_XC

• IFT Fleet Captain
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 03:05:02 am »
Has a lvl 24 Captain on Elendilmir, and a lvl 30 Guardian on Roheryn. If you download Roheryn (its a seperate server) which is the review server they are haveing a special event on the 13th (patch day) where any chaacter on that server can auto lvl to 50 and have everything that lvl is supposed to have. Its between 10am-2pm est. on Weds. I will be makeing a hunter for that.

Offline AcePylut

• Captain
  • Bear Down, Chicago Bears
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 10:24:34 pm »
I played it for a bit.  Didn't really get into it that much.  There didn't seem to be a lot of "adventuring" per se, but I only played it a couple months and never got too high of a level.

I usually play casters or caster types in RPG's, and DDO was designed so that you really can't solo, and I primarily solo in the online games.  Now, it's not that you can't solo because of "I suck", it's just that - for a caster- you'd run out of spells before you could get to a "rest shrine" to restock your spells.   

One of my best friends swears by it though.  Says it's the best MMO he's played.  He said that they changed some stuff so you can solo now... has to do with leaving a dungeon not being reset.. (in the past, if you left a dungeon, it reset itself and you'd have to do it all over again).  He swears by it because his wife plays, his kid plays, he plays, and two of his coworkers play... so they'd all go to his house and play together (like the South Park WOW episode).

I recently kicked up Star wars Galaxies. Been having fun with that.  I'm kidna in a gaming funk at the moment though.  Burnt out on NWN.  Looking for a new game. 

One of my gaming requirements is PvP.  Gotta have PvP or I"m not even going to bother with it
If you care about the environment, it's better to eat a Salad in a Hummer than a Cheeseburger in a Prius.

Offline RazalYllib

• Imperial Romulan Information Service-senior advisor
  • Lt.
    • IRIS
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 06:13:10 pm »
All I can do is recommend City of Heroes...very good MMO

PvP is there but not the focus...though there is a decent sized and rabid contigent of PvP pholks. If interested on of my buddies prob has a trial key...gets ya 15 days to check it out. BTW this weekend is double xp (and the other numerical based rewards as well) and might be a good chance to visit...I play on Victory server (hero side) primarily and my Villians are housed on Guardian, though they do not get much action cause hero side is still interesting
Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand
Says "don't you see?"
Gotta make it somehow
On the dreams you still believe
Don't give it up
You got an empty cup
Only love can fill
Only love can fill

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 03:28:17 pm »
How about, Orion Pirates!.   People still play this game believe it or not  ;D
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 06:53:31 pm »
How about, Orion Pirates!.   People still play this game believe it or not  ;D

Gosh I haven't played that in ages.  The CD is collecting dust in my CD case.  That was the best of the SFC series though.

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 02:21:59 am »
well dig it out were still kicking and its better with  new missions for the dyna and modified shiplists not nearly as many server crashes and so on it might be worth your time.
 :)