Topic: WILL DECKER UPDATE: Khaliban USS ENTERPRISE RELEASED  (Read 2839 times)

Offline WillDecker

• Commander of the U.S.S. Khambatta NCC-7101
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • The Khambatta Project
WILL DECKER UPDATE: Khaliban USS ENTERPRISE RELEASED
« on: May 24, 2007, 05:02:07 pm »
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/dock.php?id=4396 Well this Enterprise is ready to go. I plan to upload some more addons to this baby soon. But for now here is the basic package I hope you all enjoy  :)
Where the universe ends, our dream begins. Somewhere beyond the dark... (Ilia's Theme ST:TMP/U.S.S. Khambatta Motto)

Offline Vipre

• Commander
Re: WILL DECKER UPDATE: Khaliban USS ENTERPRISE RELEASED
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 05:08:14 pm »
WooHoo!!! Great work.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 05:15:59 pm »
Nicely done.  Only gripe I've got, it's not Enterprise Class.  She's still a Constitution.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline WillDecker

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • The Khambatta Project
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 05:22:54 pm »
Nicely done. Only gripe I've got, it's not Enterprise Class. She's still a Constitution.

I think the "A" is more of a Connie reift than her predecessor. The Refit herself had some considerable differences to the "A"  minor stuff in asthetics which I tried to make more obivious in the looks of the textures..  Anywho I am glad you like it :-) Took me a long time to come together with the references to make it look more like the NCC-1701
Where the universe ends, our dream begins. Somewhere beyond the dark... (Ilia's Theme ST:TMP/U.S.S. Khambatta Motto)

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 05:42:28 pm »
They're both Connies.  :-D
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline F9thDawg

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 10:56:48 am »
whats the difference between a connie refit and enterprise refit?

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 03:38:59 pm »
The 'Enterprise class' probably refers to the refit. Was there any canon say on which constitution was refitted first? If not, then it must be the enterprise, to explain "enterprise class"

Or maybe it's grouped in with the "Avenger class" error, which applied to the Miranda types.

Edit:
I had the chance to fire up OP and play the CAI using this model. I'm impressed with the textures, but I find myself missing the red impulse glow, as well as that of the photon torpedo tubes. I also noticed that the primary hull's top 'forward' lamp light does not seem as wide as previously expressed in most other places.

An example is this screencap from WoK:

It also seems that the warp core crystal didn't seem to glow when I was running it ingame, but admittedly I didn't look too closely at that area.

Forgive me for nitpicking- I like your work, but I'd like to know why you chose to finish the model with these differences...

Once again, fantastic work.

And I thought this was one of the good screenies I took:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 04:40:34 pm by Norsehound »

Offline WillDecker

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • The Khambatta Project
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 06:04:41 pm »
Some of the textures, I made alternates for them. I'll doublecheck the model to see if there are problems I made textures for warp and for when she is at impulse. I was watching the first Star Trek movie to see what was on when the ship went to warp and stuff

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 08:15:50 pm »
The I map doesn't show the glow section on it and the Impulse engine is gray, so this one must be the dry Dock one. These are both very simple fixes, it looks like you can use the Glow map from Khalibans Ship. Just rename it FCA3I_Alt and you will get the glows back, the other can be cut and pasted and you are done.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline WillDecker

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • The Khambatta Project
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 08:21:03 pm »
The 'Enterprise class' probably refers to the refit. Was there any canon say on which constitution was refitted first? If not, then it must be the enterprise, to explain "enterprise class"

Or maybe it's grouped in with the "Avenger class" error, which applied to the Miranda types.

Edit:
I had the chance to fire up OP and play the CAI using this model. I'm impressed with the textures, but I find myself missing the red impulse glow, as well as that of the photon torpedo tubes. I also noticed that the primary hull's top 'forward' lamp light does not seem as wide as previously expressed in most other places.

An example is this screencap from WoK:

It also seems that the warp core crystal didn't seem to glow when I was running it ingame, but admittedly I didn't look too closely at that area.

Forgive me for nitpicking- I like your work, but I'd like to know why you chose to finish the model with these differences...

Once again, fantastic work.

And I thought this was one of the good screenies I took:

The changes were made for the reason I was trying to go for more realism to the ship. There are alt textures with the file. Like the ones with the no impulse glow, no crystal glow and w/ the warp glow make for the look of the enterprise at warp. then if you add the impulse glow text, and the no warp glow textures then you have the Enterprise at normal crusing speeds. And the reason for no red glow with the Torps is mainly because the model when in normal shots, does not have the Torps glowing red.

Offline WillDecker

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • The Khambatta Project
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 08:41:50 pm »
Two Images show with normal and alt illuminations

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 10:10:56 pm »
A question about the zip. Is there supposed to be a FCA_1_3i.bmp file?

There is an FCA_1_3ialt.bmp that doesn't have the crystal lit, but no 1_3i

Still the best I've ever seen and I can't wait to see how you do with the -A.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline KOTH-KieranXC, Ret.

• Spokesman, Punisher Industries
  • Lt. Commander
  • K-Fo, diehard SFCer and Taldrenite, est. 2000
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 11:08:05 pm »

Error? Who said anything about an 'error'? The name Avenger class existed in published literature long before the name 'Miranda' was applied to that ship. The people that are the be all and end all of canon in Trek simply ignored it, as they did with just about all non staff produced materials, which is really a shame, since people like the folks who wrote the Ships of the Star Fleet often put out better thought out, better written, and more internally consistent material than the people who are supposed to be arbiters of canon.
"One minute to space doors."

"Are you just going to walk through them?"

"Calm yourself, Doctor."

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 11:27:36 pm »
A question about the zip. Is there supposed to be a FCA_1_3i.bmp file?

There is an FCA_1_3ialt.bmp that doesn't have the crystal lit, but no 1_3i

Still the best I've ever seen and I can't wait to see how you do with the -A.

If you have Khalibans orginal model use the light map from there, they are the same texture just rename it
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline WillDecker

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • The Khambatta Project
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 12:31:04 am »
I added the textures that were missing on the model.

As for the Enterprise Class, Probert originally said that the refit was an "Enterprise Class" starship. Okuda and crew put "Constitution Class" on the blueprints. And even in ST II the phrase Enterprise Class was seen. So she was canon until Okuda put the latter on the blueprints on ST:VI.

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2007, 04:40:01 am »
I didn't know the details behind the avenger/miranda 'thing'- so i didn't know what to call it. My appologies for a poor choice of words.

And I don't dispute the quality of fan-made material being superior to that of Paramount's later works. It's a shame Paramount doesn't seem to even consider what fans have established independantly (unless there's an example otherwise?)

And thank you for the correction, Will.

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • No Replacement For Displacement
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2007, 01:57:17 pm »
The download at battleclinic seems corrupted.  Every time I tried to extract, I got an error message saying no valid archive.