Topic: ST: Tac Assault Inquiry...  (Read 3821 times)

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
ST: Tac Assault Inquiry...
« on: May 19, 2007, 07:51:43 pm »
How do you guys feel about their Rom designs?
Now I am not talking the quality of the meshes and graphic constrictions...I'm talking layout and configurations
I am only asking because I think I actually like the Rommies in that game, and I would like to hear your feed back, so you guys can help me decide if I should attempt
to follow their design ethic and try one.
also, does anyone know where I can get a copy of that screenshot of that Rom heavy cruiser in that one screenshot where it actually shows her is some sort of glory?

As always I am greatful for any insight and help, so thanks in advance
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 08:35:50 pm by Atolm-Rising »

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
Re: ST: Tac Assault Inquiry...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 05:43:59 am »
I'd have to see some screen caps I stopped buying Star Trek Games after SFC OP.  ;D

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 08:23:57 am »
I'd have to see some screen caps I stopped buying Star Trek Games after SFC OP.  ;D
well for a counsule platform, the game is solid.  It plays similar to SFC, but there are differences such as:
no fighters
no drones
no mines
no boarding/ship stealing
I guess that was done to streamline the game.
It takes place just after the events of ST:6, and helps identify and fill in that "lost" point in time.
It also has the attack on khitomer. :D
So IMO, its worth it, especially for $15-20 bucks

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 09:42:48 am »
well for a counsule platform, the game is solid.  It plays similar to SFC, but there are differences such as:
no fighters
no drones
no mines
no boarding/ship stealing
I guess that was done to streamline the game.
It takes place just after the events of ST:6, and helps identify and fill in that "lost" point in time.
It also has the attack on khitomer. :D
So IMO, its worth it, especially for $15-20 bucks

Neat since I don't own a Console. and the system I'm running is a P3 with Windows 98 currently I'm hoping to upgrade later on but there is too much to do around the house  :( to justify a major up grade  Hopefully someone will take pity on us and put a few screen caps
or concept drawings from the developer web site  ;D

Offline Adonis

• Dark Slayer
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Da Death Squad ™®©
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 11:25:21 am »
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 07:15:02 pm »
Which one of these is it mate?
http://startrek.bethsoft.com/games/ta-ships-romulan.html

the CA (heavy cruiser) but that's not the pic...Thanks anyway
It should be a loading screen (the only Rom one)

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 02:07:54 am »
Curious that all the rommie designs seem to be derived off the Enterprise warbird. Wonder why, since it doesn't make any canonical sense.

Offline pepperman

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 03:58:21 pm »
How do you guys feel about their Rom designs?

Well, how can I say this politely.  The Romulan design for ST Tactical Assault are somewhat lacking.  Personally, I think they like both style and soul.  The Romulan designs that you have already done are far superior to these.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 04:29:32 pm »
speaking of lacking,  The Klink Destroyer looks quite a bit like a Vor'cha class Attack Cruiser from TNG.

And I do agree with the Romulan Ships, except for the Light Cruiser, they should all be decompiled and deleted.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 04:53:20 pm »
speaking of lacking,  The Klink Destroyer looks quite a bit like a Vor'cha class Attack Cruiser from TNG.

And I do agree with the Romulan Ships, except for the Light Cruiser, they should all be decompiled and deleted.
LOL
I am looking for the Heavy cruiser "loading" screen pic specifically.
I tend to believe that all designs can be salvaged...besides, they seem to be based on the Ent-Era Rom BoP, which means that if nothing else, they can be used for that era.

Offline Alphageek

• How can Gallifrey be gone?!
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 10:19:28 pm »
This was such an excellent screen shot I thought I'd bring it here for everyone to see.  This is why everyone love the Constitution class.  No other ship would look as cool under this kind of fire.

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 11:53:07 pm »
LOL...thats not Tac Assault...LOL ::) ::)

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 01:54:03 am »
it looks like legacy
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Rogue NineCH

• Rogue Starship Captain
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Rogue Shipyards
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 02:08:41 pm »
I have to chime in here, all of those designs are more than somewhat lacking they all look the same!  That's their idea of a Romulan Dreadnaught?  Just stick four warp nacelles on it?  The exception is the light cruiser, but I have seen far better models of that design for years on this forum.   Of those pictured, there is nothing salvalgeable IMO, but the one you're looking for still might be but I'd have to see a pic of it to be sure.  However you have done excellent work in the past, so if anyone could salvage that design, it'd be you Atolm.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 09:54:14 pm »
This was such an excellent screen shot I thought I'd bring it here for everyone to see.  This is why everyone love the Constitution class.  No other ship would look as cool under this kind of fire.

i like the see the shiels around the ship, that's make it super, would be fun if the shiels where like that in sfc's  ;D

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 09:28:27 am »
The shields CAN be like that.  Have you ever seen the shield effect after running into a NSM?  If your shields HOLD, it will look like that.  Perhaps something can be done to lower the threshold required for the shield flare?

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 03:40:19 pm »
Are the shield effects strictly in-game or is there a texture somewhere that applies to shield flare?

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 03:48:06 pm »
Uh, can we get back on topic here?
thnx :P

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2007, 04:53:50 am »
What I don't understand is why both the klingon and Romulan ships have to be shades of green. The klinks were just fine being intimidation grey.

Atlom, why do you like the designs? is there any detail in particular you find facinating about them?

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 01:47:03 pm »
thnx for the votes of confidence, but I am still no closer here...lol