Topic: Interplay and Bethesda Fallout.  (Read 2880 times)

Offline T' Kang

• T' Kang
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • sfc3.tkang@hotmail.com
Interplay and Bethesda Fallout.
« on: May 12, 2007, 07:27:32 pm »
When I was looking up what the current status of source codes with SFC I found this:

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1057232/000117091807000324/0001170918-07-000324.txt

Read the entire SEC filing (if you are interested in such stuff). These are a couple of excerpts, but read the whole document so they are in context.

...Under the APA,  the Company  sold all of its rights to the IP to Bethesda  for a
total  amount of  $5,750,000.00  payable  to the  Company,  subject  to  various
conditions,  in three cash installments.  The first installment of $2,000,000.00
was  paid  following  closing  when  $200,000.00  was  paid to the  Company  and
$1,800,000.00   was  deposited  into  an  escrow  account  to  satisfy   various
liabilities.

...A.  Bethesda  acquired  all right,  title and  interest  in the FALLOUT
trademarks  specified in Schedule l hereto  (collectively  the "LICENSED MARKS")
from Interplay under an Asset Purchase Agreement between Bethesda and Interplay,
dated as of April 4, 2007 ("APA").

B. Interplay wishes to use the Licensed Marks solely in connection with
the development and  implementation of a Massively  Multiplayer  Online Game (as
defined below)...

...Interplay will have secured  financing for the FALLOUT MMOG in an amount no less
than  US$30,000,000.00  ("MINIMUM  Financing"). 

::) Real games are real money...
sfc3.tkang@hotmail.com
APR D3 (c) Mod Director

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
Re: Interplay and Bethesda Fallout.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 02:54:29 am »
So, let's see hre... Interplay sells the IP to Bethesda for 5.75 million. Then they license the rights for MMOG back off of Bethesda. Now they have to come up with 30 million to make the game. WTF am I missing here?
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline T' Kang

• T' Kang
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • sfc3.tkang@hotmail.com
License Web Big Dollars
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 02:45:56 pm »
Those are the basics with Fallout. Interplay went BK and sold off its Intellectual Property.  Interplay now wants to set up the MMOG, and has to perform. Another interesting clause was, (vi) is not played on online game services of console manufacturers (such as Xbox Live from Microsoft). 

The point, if any, is that Interplay is going to try to rise again.  I hope it works out for them.

It adds another situation to the Quicksilver, Taldren, Paramount, Sony, Interplay, Bethesda license web if someone wanted to resurrect the SFC series from the dead (commercially); and what type of cash-flow is involved for one license to market-develop a game.   ::)
sfc3.tkang@hotmail.com
APR D3 (c) Mod Director

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 11:29:35 pm »
The no console clause is most likely because the console gaming is a seperate license. It still sounds like it's being done with "virtual" money. lol
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 02:57:11 pm »
Which also explains how Bethesda was able to use certain ships that it put in Legacy, which was greatly appreciated by me, though I think their Yorktown could have been made somewhat stronger.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline T' Kang

• T' Kang
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • sfc3.tkang@hotmail.com
Interplay and Bethesda Fallout.
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 04:42:13 pm »
It's all virtual money to me...lol I have virtually none! ;D
There have been a number of additional filings with Interplay recently. Looks like they have been selling off assets to generate working capitol, etc. :drinkinsong:
sfc3.tkang@hotmail.com
APR D3 (c) Mod Director

Offline GFL Offkey

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Galactic Foriegn Legion
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 09:41:42 am »
Maybe we as a gaming community should provide support to interplay to develop a new dynaverse

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 05:06:26 pm »
Maybe we as a gaming community should provide support to interplay to develop a new dynaverse

You have a couple of million?   ;D

Other than the crashing bugs, there's nothing wrong with OP at this point.  We still have people running servers, we still have people scripting missions.   The shiplist and server setups are the most balanced we've ever had. 

We just need more people to show up.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 01:07:08 am »

You have a couple of million?   ;D

Other than the crashing bugs, there's nothing wrong with OP at this point.  We still have people running servers, we still have people scripting missions.   The shiplist and server setups are the most balanced we've ever had. 

We just need more people to show up.

Ditto...

With the exclusion of Bonk....we're still firing on all cylinders....

Offline Chris Jones

• MOD PRODUCER
  • Lt.
  • Galaxy Class - as seen in DS9
    • Chris Jones Gaming
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 08:09:57 am »
Which also explains how Bethesda was able to use certain ships that it put in Legacy, which was greatly appreciated by me, though I think their Yorktown could have been made somewhat stronger.

The Yorktown is stronger and better looking now...
..Because the game does not have to, and will not, remain the same..

Celebrating Life!
Favorite TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise