Topic: TORCHWOOD!!!!!  (Read 6907 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: TORCHWOOD!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2008, 10:53:38 pm »
Oh wow.  This last week's episode was one of the best of sci-fi, ever, period. 

Anymore Info on the Sarah Jane thingie? One of my friends says she plays a minor role in Dr. Who's first episode, and that eventually we might even get to see Rose Tyler again in season four.

That being said, Catherine Tate cracks me up. If you all get BBC America every now and then her earlier shows are on after Coupling.

Stephen

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 10:05:13 am »

Yes, it was great.   I liked Torchwood season one, I LOVED season 2.

Looking forward to seeing is Jack shows up in Doctor Who season 4.

Anyone of the brits out ther give us the low down on the Sarah Jane chronicles?
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 11:08:47 am »
I tell ya, if they keep up episodes like this all the time, I'll be crying my eyes out...
He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 02:06:59 pm »

Yes, it was great.   I liked Torchwood season one, I LOVED season 2.

Looking forward to seeing is Jack shows up in Doctor Who season 4.

Anyone of the brits out ther give us the low down on the Sarah Jane chronicles?

Sj chronicles is a chidrens show that runs on BBC1 during the after school evening time slot.
I've watched snippets of it, and it's essentially of the same tone as D'who, but it has a bunch of kids/young teenagers in it too.
I wouldn't really say it's all that appealing to adults.... but that's my view.

Torchwood had a good ending in the UK this year, and I can't help but be curious to what new cast additions they make next year.
God said to the Welsh: 'I am going to give you this glorious land of lakes and mountains.' So where's the catch, asked the Welsh? 'Wait until you see the neighbours,' replied God.

Offline Beeblebrox

• Existential Warfare
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008, 06:46:30 pm »
I'm not really into Torchwood.. Only seen 1 episode, shut it off half way through..

The new series of Dr. Who is entertaining, but it lacks character building and storyline.

That is why I have gotten the entire series of Dr. Who with Tom Baker.. 41 story lines.. (231 episodes)... starting with episode 75 City of Death to 116 Logopolis.. this is the Best of Dr. Who..

Those are some good episodes but how can you ignore the Hinchcliff era?  It was so wonderfully Gothic and dark.  Heck, Tom Baker's first season had some all-time classics in it:  The Ark in Space, The Genesis of the Daleks, and Revenge of the Cybermen. 

Here.  Indulge yourself in some lovely pre-City of Death Tom Baker.  I'm sure we all rememer The Invasion of Time.   
"Out swords and to work with all!"---Cyrano de Bergerac

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2008, 12:50:56 am »
The season finale had me in tears...and god I have to wonder what it would be like if they showed videos of the show's casting couch! 
He who can master the data controls the world.