Topic: "SFB" SFC:OP 04 (mod) little bug  (Read 3685 times)

Offline Tarvos

• Ensign
"SFB" SFC:OP 04 (mod) little bug
« on: May 06, 2007, 12:31:46 am »
I'm hoping that someone who did this great mod with the really cool shields and SFB ships might be able to fix the small bug I found: the Romulan new frigate SE-L has no probes.

But it's sure great to be playing SFB in SFC again!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 12:15:17 am by Tarvos »

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
Re: SFC2:OP Mod 4 little bug
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 12:35:19 am »
Mod 4?

Do everyone a favor and open the shiplist in excel and fix it yourself.

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 06:06:40 am »
I assumed you meant Bonk's SFB_OP_04 mod. So, I checked it and the R-sel is missing it's probes. I fixed the shiplist, but the file attachment system doesn't seem to be working ATM.  I can't upload it. Ill try again later or you can PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 06:17:31 am »
Rod, teach em how to fish themselves. Makes for raving fans.  ;)

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 02:21:14 pm »
Would any of you recommend this mod? I want to make sure that it is worth it, because it will take a little bit to download with dialup.

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 05:08:46 pm »
Rod, teach em how to fish themselves. Makes for raving fans. ;)

Sorry, Dizzy. I wasn't trying to undermine you. It was a 1st post though, and I thought that possibly the poster wasn't up for editing his/her own shiplist and might just go away. I understand what you are saying though.

Would any of you recommend this mod? I want to make sure that it is worth it, because it will take a little bit to download with dialup.

I like it. I like having ftrs and pfs, Andros and Tholians (or SFC facsimiles of them, anyway). It's cool for us old schoolers who like to see the SFB ships in game, as well.
It's not good if you like to play pirate because you need to disallow engine doubling to run it properly.

I DL'd it when I was on dialup. I had an especially slow connection and it took about 5 hrs. I used to have to PM MrCue to grab my models from my ftp for me because BattleClinic's "community docks" would time out on me before I could finish uploading them. (i.e. more than 20mins. to upload 1 model) ::)
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 05:45:25 pm »
Sounds great. I'll download it over tonight. Can't wait to fly tholians  :)

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 08:56:46 pm »
NP, Rod. I suggested excel instead of shipedit because of the mistakes shipedit can introduce into the  shiplist. What we really need is a begginers modders guide. Do we have a resource like that anywhere?

Offline Tarvos

• Ensign
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 12:07:57 am »
I've fixed the ShipList in variouis spreadsheet programs since SFC came out - until now.  Currently I'm using Open Office.Org, and can't figure out how to get it's spreadsheet to open a text file.  Will futz with it until I get it, and then try to upload here with the Sea Hawk fix.

I thought it was worth mentioning here in case someone here was doing an update of the OP 4+ download set, so that the correction would be in the batch that people download.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 03:51:22 pm »
NP, Rod. I suggested excel instead of shipedit because of the mistakes shipedit can introduce into the  shiplist. What we really need is a begginers modders guide. Do we have a resource like that anywhere?
That sounds like a good idea Dizzy as I would like to learn how to import and export models from EAW and OP.

Offline Tarvos

• Ensign
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 12:09:58 am »
The fixed "SFB" SFC:OP 04 shiplist.txt is now in the SFC:OP uploads section of the ftp area.... but that being said, I don't know how to find it here just clicking around in the web page interface.

The only think I fixed was the Rom SE-L now has the probes added back in.  Use at your own risk, in case I messed up something.  Using OpenOffice.Org's spreadsheet is a little clunky compared to the WordPerfect one that I used to use.  See How To file for use ,in the zipped set, please.

Sorry it took a while - I've been busy with a new job....

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 06:27:43 pm »
The fixed "SFB" SFC:OP 04 shiplist.txt is now in the SFC:OP uploads section of the ftp area.... but that being said, I don't know how to find it here just clicking around in the web page interface.

The only think I fixed was the Rom SE-L now has the probes added back in.  Use at your own risk, in case I messed up something.  Using OpenOffice.Org's spreadsheet is a little clunky compared to the WordPerfect one that I used to use.  See How To file for use ,in the zipped set, please.

Sorry it took a while - I've been busy with a new job....

That was very thoughtful Tarvos.   +1 Karma.

Link please...

The TWO Tholian model packs  need to be consodilated and that would reduce the size of the mod.

I have tried and given up several times to make a TMP version of this.

KF
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 08:12:28 pm by Klingon Fanatic »
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron