Topic: NanoFX GE  (Read 1344 times)

Offline darkthunder

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • If you see me running, try to keep up.
    • digital-Underground
NanoFX GE
« on: July 18, 2007, 07:27:21 pm »
Howdy ho, all Taldrenites. I spend most of my visiting time in the SFC Models forum, but I felt I should make this post as it is unrelated to Starfleet Command.

A known modder from Bridge Commander, called Nanobyte has been working on his own game engine for quite some time now. He's the sole programmer of the engine, and thus it's not even close to being finished. At the moment, it's basically an advanced model viewer :)

Anyways, i'd like to bring the communities attention to this project as it will be designed to run any genre of science-fiction game (Star Trek, Star Wars, Battlestar etc) as well as any type. At the moment however, it's mostly designed around the space shooter style of Bridge Commander, but it is my hope that the engine will grow to incorporate the ability to be played in other game styles as well (RTS being one of the obvious designs).

Over at NanoFX.org, Nano has started a new topic requesting additions to the team in various departments. Anyone is welcome to apply for any of the open positions.

Quote from: Nanobyte
1. Public Relations Officer
2. Forum Moderator(s)
3. Bug Testers
4. Model Converters (will train you if required)
5. Any other positions that would be helpful (suggestions welcome)

If you feel qualified to fulfull any of these positions, please come on over to our site, sign up and let your interest be known. We've currently got the Model Viewer available for download, however a new, much upgraded version will be released within a week or two. Currently in the process of ironing out the final bugs of the existing build.

http://www.nanofx.org
// Darkthunder