Topic: Spiderman 3 looks awful.  (Read 3828 times)

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
Spiderman 3 looks awful.
« on: May 03, 2007, 11:10:26 pm »
What have they done to Spiderman??  Married??  Everyone looking old??  And the black uniform looks awful.  I don't think that is how it looked in the comic book.  Where's the cosmic Spiderman/Venom look?   Sandman???  Ugh!!!  You know, I like Spiderman.  I have since I was a kid, but to some degree his enemies kind of suck as far as villains go.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Spiderman 3 looks awful.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 11:35:32 pm »
I blame Thanos.

Seriously, after the last Flick, I could care less about this film.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline VelvetAcidChrist

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Psycho Kitty
    • Night Roar County Homebase
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 11:36:06 pm »
i tried to watch spiderman 1 and 2 but after 30 min i had to quit cause it sucked so bad - just tobey and kirsten look great, but cause of two handsome actors i wont watch a stupid movie.
Dann sagt ihr: "Schau! The end is near now bitte face your final curtain."
Aber wir sind schlau, wir bleiben hier für die Gesichter, die empörten
Diese Geister singen schief und sind nicht einfach auszutreiben.

Enschuldigung ich sagte: "Wir sind gekommen um zu bleiben"
Wir gehn nich aber wenn wir gehn dann gehn wir ihn Scheiben

Offline Alidar Jarok

• Commander
  • He Took My Sammich
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 04:56:15 pm »
I liked this film for reasons I didn't expect.  I liked Sandman, I liked Harry Osborne, I liked the Peter Parker drama, etc.  What I didn't like, suprisingly, was Venom.  He was just a waste of potential and seemed squeezed in.  When I came out of the theater, I put it as my favorite.  I've lowered it to my second favorite, with the first being my favorite.  This seems to be a love/hate movie, but I'd suggest not coming in with huge expectations.  There's some nice humor, some really, really corny scenes, and some cool action.  I enjoyed it at least.
From Me to You - The Beatles

If there's anything that you want,
If there's anything i can do,
Just call on me and i'll send it along
With love from me to you.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 05:36:32 pm »
What I didn't like, suprisingly, was Venom.  He was just a waste of potential and seemed squeezed in. 

Yup.

But Sandman was also a waste... At times, too OTT for a believable spidey villian... he just didnt work. Worst part was the whimpy ending tween him and spidey.

Overall, the movie sucked donkey dick.

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 05:20:33 pm »
Was pretty damn good, actually.
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Grand Master of Shadows NCC37385

• Captain
  • 107th Confederate Militia! Sic Semper Tyrannis
    • Gun Kit Builders
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 05:25:40 pm »
A wierd bit of trivia. The blonde who falls out of the building, after the crane crashes through the building, and is caught by spiderman...is Ron Howard's daughter. Yep, Spidey saves Opie's daughter.

I'm God's gift to women!

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.-Robert A. Heinlein

Help control the idiot population. Have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 05:39:21 pm »
I haven't seen it yet... but I figured I would be disappointed when I saw that Dr. Curt Connors was not going to make an appearance at the Lizard....

I mean, why put him in the second movie if you aren't going to play him up in the 3rd.....

Not too mention he is one of Spidey's better villains in that it is not so much that he is a bad guy, but a tragic victim of himself.

And the reports here about Venom pretty much coincide with my friends' view of the movie...
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
  • Jusssst short of a 1000 Taldren posts, damn!!
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 03:58:42 pm »
Took my eight year old to see it. He liked it but nearly fell alseep before the end. Shoud have been two movies.

A wierd bit of trivia. The blonde who falls out of the building, after the crane crashes through the building, and is caught by spiderman...is Ron Howard's daughter. Yep, Spidey saves Opie's daughter.

Opey done raised her right, she got RACK!
G.R.I.P. - Great Rid of Incumbent Politicians

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 02:52:59 pm »
 i view it and i don't like it

first the test center is not secure, just a fence is not enough for what the do, and there no warning system

the crane on top of the building that damage the building was just stupid, the venom look so weird, its a wast of time and money that movie.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 11:22:59 pm »
This was a lame movie, slightly better than "Daredevil."
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 06:33:48 pm »
Slightly better than Daredevil?  Oh no!!  That's not very good.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 04:50:52 pm »
Once again I guess I go against the flow...I liked it after I saw it just recently.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline Alidar Jarok

• Commander
  • He Took My Sammich
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 10:07:04 am »
I haven't seen it yet... but I figured I would be disappointed when I saw that Dr. Curt Connors was not going to make an appearance at the Lizard....

I mean, why put him in the second movie if you aren't going to play him up in the 3rd.....

Not too mention he is one of Spidey's better villains in that it is not so much that he is a bad guy, but a tragic victim of himself.

And the reports here about Venom pretty much coincide with my friends' view of the movie...

Doc Connors was needed to investigate the symbiant.  Rumor is Lizard will make an appearance in the fourth movie.
From Me to You - The Beatles

If there's anything that you want,
If there's anything i can do,
Just call on me and i'll send it along
With love from me to you.