Topic: Lots of ship sketches at this thread  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Scottish Andy

• First Officer of the Good Ship Kusanagi
  • Lt. Commander
  • New and improved.
    • Starbase 23
Lots of ship sketches at this thread
« on: July 08, 2007, 06:54:41 pm »
Hi all, I've joined another forum and discovered a thread where their own version of Atolm posts his sketches. There are some really cool ship designs there, though not as out of the box as our own dear Atolm's are. :D

So go here and have a look if you are jonesing for some new ships to build. Better renember to ask his permission before releasing, though. He seems interested in having his 3D perspective drawings made solid though.

http://ussintrepid.net/companel/index.php?showtopic=1948&st=80&start=80
Come visit me at:  www.Starbase23.net

The Senior Service rocks! Rule, Britannia!

The Doctor: "Must be a spatio-temporal hyperlink."
Mickey: "Wot's that?"
The Doctor: "No idea. Just made it up. Didn't want to say 'Magic Door'."
- Doctor Who: The Woman in the Fireplace (S02E04)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
Re: Lots of ship sketches at this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 01:29:25 pm »
Many of his designs are not very original, many have that anime spaceship feel. Also one looks like a power boat, his Presidio runabout is nothing more then a scaled down Defiant, another is easily a rip-off of a design done a few years back by the author of the States Class. I'm not keen on the name but his Wayfinder Scout and Scythe Interceptor both show some promise as does he. But that's just my opinion. I think the key to a good design is to at least have elements of the RACE it's intended for. His Gorn and Doms would never be recognized as such. Thank goodness we have Azel's mind to pick  :).

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

intermech

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 02:12:16 pm »
Inspiring, thanks for the link.

Offline Core

• The oracle of doom and suffering in sight of the perfect future
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • the future of the federation is in it's diversity
    • Core Ships Gallery
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 02:49:54 pm »
Many of his designs are not very original, many have that anime spaceship feel. Also one looks like a power boat, his Presidio runabout is nothing more then a scaled down Defiant, another is easily a rip-off of a design done a few years back by the author of the States Class. I'm not keen on the name but his Wayfinder Scout and Scythe Interceptor both show some promise as does he. But that's just my opinion. I think the key to a good design is to at least have elements of the RACE it's intended for. His Gorn and Doms would never be recognized as such. Thank goodness we have Azel's mind to pick  :).

just him...?

And then their was a scream like no other in the universe

Core Ships Gallery - http://gallery80344.fotopic.net/