Topic: Questions regarding the OP+4.0 Shiplist  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
Questions regarding the OP+4.0 Shiplist
« on: April 25, 2007, 10:52:36 am »
In the Federation Shiplist there is the GFF, the GDD and the GCA.  They are listed as National Guard Ships.  Where would these typically be deployed, and what would be their purpose?  Are they stronger Police Ships?  Or are they used similarly to the US National Gaurd?

In the Klingon Shiplist there are the F5P, F5I, LF4, F5IB, D6I and LD4.  Most of these are listed as Internal Security ships.  Same questions as the National Guard Ships.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Skaren

• http://www.evensong.us/images/avatars/ban.jpg
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Resistance is Futile
    • SFC Campaign System
Re: Questions regarding the OP+4.0 Shiplist
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 11:36:48 am »
Just my opinion

National Gaurd ships:  Training, pirate duty, FEMA, behind the front lines lite stuff

The Klingons with the "i" designation:  Internal Security Forces ships, no slave crew, KGB types, extremely loyal the Emperor.  His eyes and ears, enforcers of policy.

I am sure others have actual definition somewhere.
SFC:OPCS

StarFleet Command: Orion Pirates Campaign System

http://sfbuaw.com/intro.php

Offline Strafer

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 04:25:38 pm »
NG ships are old top of the line ships that have been modernised enough to be useful in limited roles such as planetary defense or patrols. Think a 50's car with today's sparkplugs and airfilters, still runs but won't do much except get groceries :p
--
Code: [Select]
Lineage II
Server                           Sieghardt                    deviantrealms.com (dead)
Chars       Strafer          L24 Rogue                  L64 Hawkeye
                StrayFar       L64 Tyrant                  L51 Tyrant
                StrawFur      L37 Scavenger            L49 Bounty Hunter
                StraightFour L62 Shillen Elder         L53 Shillen Elder

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 05:15:10 pm »
According to SFB Volume.III.  the Klingon internal security fleet is made up of older ships, skiffs like the J3 and a few stripped down ships from the deep space fleet. There is a list of items to strip from stock deep space ships to convert them to "I" status. There is NO D7I in the Internal Security Fleet.

Also the Klingons have a penal fleet  (F4J, F5J, D5J, D6J) for disgraced Klingons to redeem themselves on. Crews are always criminals, micreants, etc. that  still want to serve then empire and die with honour. There is NO D7J!!

The Federation has a more complex structure with the Border Patrol fleets (Clippers, scouts, etc.), the Galactic Survey Fleet (ships are attached to this and vary), the Perimeter Action Fleet (Akula, Agilis, Arbitor, Kirsanov, etc. classes), Home Fleet, Mothball Fleet, Auxilary Fleet  and the four quadrants all have Fleets.

The are Lyrans are (dis)origanised into feuding clans and they ocasionally cooperate enough to act as clay pidgeon for the Klingons or attack the Hydrans or Kzinti.

The Kzinti are organised into dukedoms which occasionally feud amongst themselves. (Seems to be a thing with the puddy cats, feuding!!)

I hope that clears some things up for ya.

I've also discovered that there is something more awful in the universe than (C)rap music or Klingon Operas.... Lyran love songs!!

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 11:56:37 pm »
You're mixing Trek universes together here, aren't you?
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 01:07:16 pm »
We like to mix up the best of all universes in our LAN games.

Don't forget that SFC has TMP ships (the wrong ones as well!!) intead of the correct SFB models. Luckily so many wonderful modellers remember the old lil' SKYTREX models from the early 1980's and we can download the correct models. Good on them!!

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!