Topic: Slave Girls of Orion VII: License to Shag (Sticky)  (Read 20704 times)

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
Re: Slave Girls of Orion VII: License to Shag (Sticky)
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2007, 07:02:47 pm »
I said that MID server rule changes are BS....and I mean it...

More Mid Server BS.

Fleeting Rules: X-Fleets

- A CX or CLX may wing with one or two XDD's or XFF's or combination if all X-ships are of the same race. In this format the CX or CLX will be treated as a capital ship for Fleeting purposes.
 - One such fleet may exist per side. Dont forget to use an 'X' in your ship name so we know you're abiding by the heavy metal rules for X-ships.
 - This is an exception for the rule X-ships not being able to fleet together.

OMFG Dizzy just opened the ultimate Cheese Factory. 

Booooooooooooooooo!

HA! You want cheese? Wait till you lay your eyes on my DNC (Dread carrier) 30 fighters baby !!!

<edit> musta been mucho wasted last night when I read the specs: Its a I:CVAZ- 16 fighters- still bunches-o-trouble.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 07:39:18 pm by KBF K MalaK »
"Artificial Intelligence is not a suitable substitute for natural stupidity"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2007, 07:15:40 pm »

HA! You want cheese? Wait till you lay your eyes on my DNC (Dread carrier) 30 fighters baby !!!

If I wanted cheese I'd be lobbying for the return of the 3 MDC+ fleets with speed 34 drones before the Kzin were restrained by server rules.   ;)

I'm an early era type of guy.  Down with all X-cheese.   :P
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 07:38:41 pm by KAT Chuut-Ritt »

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2007, 07:48:16 pm »
Fleeting Rules:

- No Capital Ships, (BC's, DN's, Multi-Ship Fleet included and CCX/CAX's), are allowed to fly together.
- No X ships are allowed to fly together.

I think I'll abide by the rules of the server I signed up for, change the rules if you like, but I'll honorably hold to the origionals, as I couldn't respect myself if I didn't.  Others will have to make their own call on this.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2007, 08:14:01 pm »
Fleeting Rules:

- No Capital Ships, (BC's, DN's, Multi-Ship Fleet included and CCX/CAX's), are allowed to fly together.
- No X ships are allowed to fly together.

I think I'll abide by the rules of the server I signed up for, change the rules if you like, but I'll honorably hold to the origionals, as I couldn't respect myself if I didn't.  Others will have to make their own call on this.

Let me tell you something, I agree with you. Ultimate cheese... I dislike X tech period. But DH and Krueg said ok in the RM forum. Lobby your SAC/SCC to recind their approval and we can can this cheese and ship it to Siberia where it belongs...

EDIT: I cant believe I went along with this...

Offline [KBF]MuadDib

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2007, 09:41:06 pm »
mid server rule changes suck! 

its a nasty little evil that one hopes to choke down and continue...

mid server rule changes especially suck when no one updates the stickied thread to a NEW rule pertaining to the usage of PFs causing hotheads to rupture a vein and accuse one of cheating...

im sorry i dont read every friggin thread but one would think if there is a rule change for SGO7...this is the thread it would be in...

am i missing something?
Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2007, 02:22:29 am »
Ignorance of the law isn't an excuse. Judge said that to me as he slapped me with a $150 fine for turning right at an intersection on Monday that only lets u do it on wednesdays between 2 and 3pm.  ::)

But most of any mid server changes are for rules that were omitted, or to handle a certain situation that needs prompt attention that can't rely on existing rules. However, to my knowledge, PF rules havent been atlered...

Offline [KBF]MuadDib

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2007, 02:57:22 am »
Ignorance of the law isn't an excuse. Judge said that to me as he slapped me with a $150 fine for turning right at an intersection on Monday that only lets u do it on wednesdays between 2 and 3pm.  ::)

But most of any mid server changes are for rules that were omitted, or to handle a certain situation that needs prompt attention that can't rely on existing rules. However, to my knowledge, PF rules havent been atlered...

i got called a cheater for loading my L-DNHT with a PFL per the rules...2 Vanilla, 1 Leader, 1 Special

my loadout was 2 PF 1 PFL 1 Ficon

would have thought the Ficon would have been complained about and restricted once it was noticed over a week ago...that thing was just deadly on a Tender...
Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2007, 03:09:29 am »
Wasn't my mistake and I wasnt around to catch it. Fortunately DH was able to handle the situation before people had any major meltdowns. But Dib, I've fought and flown your wing many times and afaik, you'd not cheat given the chance. You have more honor than that it seems.

So, anyone have any rule ideas to apply to next server? Changes, deletions, additions? Like the Xfleeting mid server rule change? The latter wasnt my doing, btw.

Offline [KBF]MuadDib

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2007, 04:45:00 am »
Wasn't my mistake and I wasnt around to catch it. Fortunately DH was able to handle the situation before people had any major meltdowns. But Dib, I've fought and flown your wing many times and afaik, you'd not cheat given the chance. You have more honor than that it seems.

So, anyone have any rule ideas to apply to next server? Changes, deletions, additions? Like the Xfleeting mid server rule change? The latter wasnt my doing, btw.

well i did change the PFL to PFE the rest of the server...

but being called a cheater is really upsetting as thats just sooo not me...

had i missed the rule change...np my bad and you know i would have apologized had that been the case...

its not the first time someone will miss a rule or rule change and certainly wont be the last...

maybe had i not been under the tag Futar that name wouldnt have been thrown in my direction...i dunno...it was just upsetting and i really respect the pilot who said it so that didnt help either...

i also think we have a pretty good set of rules that have developed over the past few servers and they seem to work...lets stick to them and not make anymore unless its really going to upset the balance of the dyna...

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2007, 10:18:19 am »

A rule against mid-server changes.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2007, 02:14:41 pm »

I'll second that...
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2007, 03:32:29 pm »

I'll second that...

hehe, wont ever happen.

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2007, 05:31:03 pm »
hehe, wont ever happen.

Already has, it might not have been printed in official rules, but every Scipio run server has had this quality.  I also know that any Scipio run server in the future will as well.  Scippy is as dead set against them as I am.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2007, 05:32:10 pm »
hehe, wont ever happen.

Already has, it might not have been printed in official rules, but every Scipio run server has had this quality.

Quality? Are you saying SG servers arnt quality?

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2007, 05:36:47 pm »
Quality? Are you saying SG servers arnt quality?

No I'm saying that this is an aspect of Scipio's servers that I find worthy of praise.  There are aspects of the SG servers that deserve praise as well.

Additionally I'm suggesting that if you added this aspect to the SG servers they would have an additional aspect worthy of praise, just as Scippy's servers might benefit from incorporating the best aspects of the SG servers.

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2007, 05:40:06 pm »

had i missed the rule change...np my bad and you know i would have apologized had that been the case...

its not the first time someone will miss a rule or rule change and certainly wont be the last...

maybe had i not been under the tag Futar that name wouldnt have been thrown in my direction...i dunno...it was just upsetting and i really respect the pilot who said it so that didnt help either...

i also think we have a pretty good set of rules that have developed over the past few servers and they seem to work...lets stick to them and not make anymore unless its really going to upset the balance of the dyna...

Oh, so you are saying that he is not a cheater, just an idiot? 

I guess I can buy that... after all, we on the alliance side noted the extra PF's and STOPPED using the pf's with the issue.... and since the initial server that used FiCons... when have they ever been legal to use?!?!?

It isn't like this pf issue wasn't noted back on Thursday when the pf's came out...

Of course, God forbid the whining I'd hear if I had brought 12 HEAVY stingers to that match up and wiped the floor with his DNHT....
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2007, 05:40:52 pm »

No that name probably still would have been thrown at you especially with the flippant way you reacted to the whole situation.

You basicly knew there was something wrong and used them anyways....

Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2007, 06:01:37 pm »
Oh, so you are saying that he is not a cheater, just an idiot? 

:thumbsdown:

I guess I can buy that... after all, we on the alliance side noted the extra PF's and STOPPED using the pf's with the issue.... and since the initial server that used FiCons... when have they ever been legal to use?!?!?

And the first to ask about ficons?

That would be ME, did the admins contacted have an answer at the time? No. The rules were unclear and noone understood what to do about the ficons when first discovered and brought to an admins attention by ME.  You acted appropriately in noting the PFL problem, but unless I'm reading you wrong you are insinuating that pilots on the Coalition side would not have done so had they noticed first, something I really hope I am misreading.  I will vouch for the honor of the pilot in question without any reservation.  He has time and again proven his honor and if he was in error it was one of confusion and not an intentional one.  I would speak up for you as well Bear if someone levelled a similar remark in your direction, and I would condemn such a remark in that case as well.

It isn't like this pf issue wasn't noted back on Thursday when the pf's came out...

It wasn't like there was a big announcement about it either, that someone would miss it is understandable, the main thing to do is to bring it to their attention civilly and if they seem unresponsive to take it to your RM not to get nasty in chat or throw out word like "cheater" which is poor behavior.  Thats why RMs are there, to keep hotheaded players from actions detrimental to the game and the community by making such accusations.

Of course, God forbid the whining I'd hear if I had brought 12 HEAVY stingers to that match up and wiped the floor with his DNHT....

Should you recieve such "whining" I'd suggest you check the rules to see if it was legal and if so handling it through your RM if the player didn't believe you if you had done so, or if there was uncertainty about the rules interpretation.  That is the RMs job. If after checking the rules or after an RM/admin ruling was made if in doubt it was determined to be illegal, I'd expect you to correct your loadout for the future, in fact I would feel totally secure in trusting you to that corrective action as I know you to always stand for fair-play.

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2007, 06:05:21 pm »
No that name probably still would have been thrown at you especially with the flippant way you reacted to the whole situation.

You basicly knew there was something wrong and used them anyways....

I'll vouch for Dib's honor.  Just as I'd vouch for yours Bear.  You both can got hot0headed at times, I ask you to put aside remarks like this and take my word, putting an end to such uncivil words.

Offline ChAotiCIllusion

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2007, 07:01:02 pm »
To be honest with no direct mention of NOT using Ficons which were sitting in the shiplist with no suggestion of restriction apart from on special PF's it seems harsh to berate someone over using them. If they are not to be used they shouldn't have been in the list and we should have picked them up before the server start. As to the PFL issue I didn't notice until I had run quite a few missions and even then it took a my PFL being destroyed and seeing 2 explosions nowhere near for me to realise what was going on. A lot of people are very inattentive against the AI and are more interested in getting the mission over than looking around.

As to a cheater, bad form. I've been here a long time and accusations of cheating never go down well hence the entire reason we set up the RM system. Use it rather than bringing it to the forums. Most people who've been around long enough understand why I will go nuts if someone wants to start throwing the cheat label around, already lost enough pilots in this game don't want to lose any more.

Let's just let this get no further and stop it before we do any real damage and work to ensure the issues don't come up in other servers.