Topic: You can't kill the Messiah!  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
You can't kill the Messiah!
« on: March 28, 2007, 12:56:20 am »
Command and Conquer 3 has arrived on my computer.

a mix of old and new.  C&C3 retains the old sidebar functions from the first 4 Command and Conquers.  While improving what was arguable the one weakest aspect of the game, Infantry were pretty useless against armor.  Now instead of a single soldier, every click of the button produces a squad of 2 to 6 men (for GDI) and 5 to 15 (for NOD)

I'm only through GDI mission 3 thus far.  The campaign system is similar to the campaign system from Tiberium Dawn, Red Alert and Tiberium Sun.  But they add a new feature.  Theatre jumping.  It used to be that each mission was to be played in specific order.  There is still some of that here, but you have a lot more options based on YOUR priorities.  You attack on area to gain access to another bit of technology (for example GDI Mission 2 gives you a choice of relieving the seige of Langley AFB and thus gaining the use of ORCA attack Helicopters for the rest of the campaign, or attacking a Port that will allows you to ship Armored Vehicles to other continents for use in later missions)

Top notch cast of actors as well for the video cut scenes, Of course Joe Kucan reprises his role as Kane.  Add Micheal Ironside (Starship Troopers, SeaQuest 2032)  Billy Dee Williams (Star Wars V and VI)  Grace Park and Tricia Helfer (BattleStar Galactica)  Looks to be a smash hit!
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
Re: You can't kill the Messiah!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 09:51:28 pm »
It is awesome, isn't it.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• Semi retired, but I am still around
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 06:01:30 pm »
Whenever I get the money to buy another game, it will be on my list to buy.  :)

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW
SILENCE.....I keel you!!!

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 03:33:09 pm »
Again the C&C team comes through with its patented, simultaneous story line.  Both Campaigns are considered to be successful and take place at the same time.  Bonus Campaign is unlocked upon the completion of both GDI and Nod sides.  Enter the Scrin.  An alien race that thrives in Ichor (Tiberium).  Halfway through the Campaign on both sides GDI uses an Ion Cannon on Nod's Temple Prime in Sarajevo.  The Liquid Tiberium stored underneath Temple Prime explodes and attracts the sensors of the Scrin, who launch a harvesting operation.

The Theatre Jumping was put in place so that you could jump back to previous missions and get all the Intel Entries.  I haven't gotten more than 2/3rds of the Intel on any campaign except the Scrin Campaign, which only has 10 entries and you can get 8 of them with little effort.

The end of the Scrin Campaign leaves the game ready for the C&C 3 expansion: [spoiler]The Scrin Invasion of Earth.[/spoiler]
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 04:22:34 pm »
Oh yeah...
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.