Topic: My TV Project...  (Read 4971 times)

Offline manitoba1073

• FLEET ADMIRAL OF THE YARDS
  • Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
Re: My TV Project...
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007, 12:23:00 am »
 Looking good there. Its shame you didnt learn George lucas's mistake, You brought Jar-Jar along  ;D ;D :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2007, 08:48:28 am »
I have to admire anyone who can't write scripts and fiction books.

I occasionally write technical features for motorcycle magazines,  millitary magaziines, various online magazine sites and other technicalSCi-Fi b writings all over the planet.

However, I figured that the gap between writing fact and fiction wsn't that big and so started to write a Sci-Fi book. However the gap between the two is bloody huge and it took a month to write just one chapter.... which is as far as I've managed in about 6 months. Having never written a book before, I used my training as a programmer to keep continuity notes as the project went along.

Yep, writing fiction is not as easy as it looks. Putting ideas onto paper exactly as one wants is difficult and complex. And I was top of my year in English, for my final school year. My teacher reckoned that I'd could have a brilliant career as a journalist or writer.... so I joined the British Army amd the entered electronics engineering when I came out. I sort of drifeted into writing for magazines after being invited to write features, after online forum writing back in the 1990's.

So I've ended up loosly doing exactly what my English teacher reckoned I'd end up nearly 30 years ago.... writing stuff. 

Good luck with the project.

Success in life is the ability to overcome shortsightedness and stupidity in others. And God only knows the vast army of these people there are in the world throwing up roadblocks to the skilled and talented.

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2007, 04:01:22 pm »
Welp, it looks like this project is pretty much over with for now. 

Oh well, lots of learning experiences along the way.

Now on to the next project idea I'm developing...
He who can master the data controls the world.