Topic: Coming soon to legacy.....*WARNING Image Intensive*  (Read 1380 times)

Offline Major A Payne

• Lt. Junior Grade
Coming soon to legacy.....*WARNING Image Intensive*
« on: March 17, 2007, 05:31:44 pm »
Okay so anyone who's been on Legacy Files will have noticed my thread concerning my supposed minimod for Legacy. The basic premise behind this was to convert and port over some of the best models in the communities (Armada, SFC and BC) that have had stuff released for them. Unfortunately, theres a godly selection available which made my choices quite difficult.  After some help from several of the prominent members of the Legacy community I also got an additional race slot made available which was originally filled with Dominion based vessels (which also included the Cardassian and Breen vessels which are canon). This presented a problem though due to the lack of dominion ships for the Enterprise and TOS eras. So what to fill them with. Eventually I hit upon the idea of using some of the fine Xindi, Andorian and Tholian vessels for the Enterprise era, and the Interstellar Concordium ships for the TOS era. Whilst they aren't true Dominion ships they supposed "fit" the eras fine. The current ship count is around 28 and while the conversions I've done don't have things like nacelle glows, specular or bump maps I really dont' care as my pc wont' support them properly so I'm quite happy with the selection (plus it adds a bit of variety to the single player campaign - Try playing the Ent era missions with the courageous and see how easy the game becomes). I'm also happy to report that all weapons fire as I want them to including rear firing torpedos. Anyway, I have to do a hell of alot more testing and some rebalancing (with regards to weapons and ship costs), and get some permission requests made. If all goes well then this entire pack will be released in two forms: WISE based self installing executable file (for those who might not liek the idea of manually installing or wish to have an easy method of uninstalling the mod) and basic zip file. For now though. heres a selection of images:

(Oh. Theres are a couple which aren't pictured here. the Romunlan Norexan and Reman Saif are two of them).

The list of credits is extensive for these and as such I'll be going through my regular channels to make sure everythign is correct.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Coming soon to legacy.....*WARNING Image Intensive*
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 05:43:31 pm »
Nice work there to you and the Legacy Crew.

Man I need to grab that game.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

mayhemuk

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 06:01:42 pm »
Looking good so far mate.

Offline Electric Eye

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 06:28:34 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, the next to the last ship is a Chandley class frigate?

It was not part of SFB, it was in another game that had way cool cardboard printed ships and a nice manual. Don't let the "frigate class" part fool you, the thing was a frigate on DN steroids!  ;D

Offline Electric Eye

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 06:34:24 pm »
http://members.aol.com/Jakster33/Chandley.html

http://www.theweebsite.com/space/gallery/f_chandley.html

The Chandley Class prototype was ordered in the aftermath of the Four Years War to provide an effective fleet combatant that could also deliver a sizeable marine force. The class was notable in being capable of carrying a sizeable detachment of Marines, whilst retaining fire power in excess of many Heavy Cruisers.

I remember playing the FASA game, and very few CAs were even a match for it.

Offline Major A Payne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 04:09:02 pm »
Okay so a quick update. After finding out the DJCurtis won't allow conversion/porting of his models to Legacy I'm going to have to either pull the ship out and replace it with something else (not sure what), or just not release the mod.