Topic: Calling for a Letter of Marque.  (Read 5451 times)

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: Calling for a Letter of Marque.
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 11:40:40 am »
A DF+ will take down a BC2.  May not even need the + refit.

Which dream did that happen in?  (wink, nudge)

Put the pirate BC up on a spread sheet. It's junk. Maybe I'm dreaming, but if soreyes shows up in his DF, run.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Riskyllama

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt.
  • Risky
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 12:03:56 pm »
alpha, when are we gonna teach you, its alright not to fly a death trap, we got you to stop flying fed, which is a start, but you dont have to fly ships that are as bad as theirs
Everything is sweetened by risk. ~Alexander Smith

Offline GDA-Agave

• That's MR. Planet Battering Ram to you buddy!!
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
  • Fear my tequila breath!!!
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 01:54:05 pm »
Ya know, Alpha, I've been thinking about bounty awards.   I think it would be most useful, gamewise, if the hiring player contributed prestige points to the pirate for each kill.   Say 1000 pts.   More for kills against certain pilots l (like, say, Hexx) to make things more interesting.   It seems like there has been enough improvements in prestige point editing to support this idea.

Of course, all kills would have to be verified with screenshots.

What do you think about that?

AGAVE
One of the few, the proud, THE GORN!!
Gorn Dragon Alliance - Protecting Ghdar and the Bruce Way!

Gorn Dragon Templar
"Protecting the roads to Brucedom for all travelers of faith"

Offline Alphageek

• How can Gallifrey be gone?!
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2007, 03:39:17 pm »
Ya know, Alpha, I've been thinking about bounty awards.   I think it would be most useful, gamewise, if the hiring player contributed prestige points to the pirate for each kill.   Say 1000 pts.   More for kills against certain pilots l (like, say, Hexx) to make things more interesting.   It seems like there has been enough improvements in prestige point editing to support this idea.

Of course, all kills would have to be verified with screenshots.

What do you think about that?

AGAVE

I don't fly junk.  I just like flying something that gives me a challenge (and looks cool).  It's a thrill taking down an enemy in a D6--the blood races, the heart pumps, the hands sweat.  And there's not an inch of error margin--every shot and missile is critical.  In fact, if I was flying Federation this time, I'd stick with a plain old F-CA.  It takes a real pilot to fly that stuff and like it. 

Agave, I like the sound of that.  It sounds fair.  If I'm reading it right then I would work for a variety of Empires, rather than be on retainer to just one.  I'll have to get instructions on how to retrieve a screenshot for posting.  I'd like some other function outside PvP so I can play with some effect when no one else is on.  I'm very open to suggestions on what that might be.  It also occurs to me that comms might be tricky with myself being one of a tiny handful of pirates on. 

Dizzy:  can we talk about buying ships?  I'm sure I'll get blown up at some stage (or several stages) and will need a new ship.  I'm not sure how that would work. 

« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 03:51:11 pm by Alphageek »

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2007, 12:51:53 am »
Dizzy:  can we talk about buying ships?  I'm sure I'll get blown up at some stage (or several stages) and will need a new ship.  I'm not sure how that would work. 

I'll let you know what my paypal account number is and you can send me 20 bucks. I'll then give you as much server-cash as you need. ;)

Offline GDA-Agave

• That's MR. Planet Battering Ram to you buddy!!
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
  • Fear my tequila breath!!!
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2007, 12:19:28 am »

Agave, I like the sound of that.  It sounds fair.  If I'm reading it right then I would work for a variety of Empires, rather than be on retainer to just one.  I'll have to get instructions on how to retrieve a screenshot for posting.  I'd like some other function outside PvP so I can play with some effect when no one else is on.  I'm very open to suggestions on what that might be. 

Posting a screenshot is not that hard.  We can talk about that later.

As for other functions you could be doing instead of PvP, you could be awarded points for just about anything.  Cutting a supply line, destroying a base, taking a planet, whatever you think someone might be willing to pay for.  As with bounties, negotiations of what something might be worth will happen.   I'll open to all ideas.  I really like the idea of an independent force affecting the map.

And, of course, you would not be working for any one race or side.  Money talks (or prestige points in this case), so I'm sure you would be working hardest on the most profitable missions.  With some of the prestige points certain players accumulate, you might start feeling like you are working for the same players most of the time.

Lots of ideas here.

One of the few, the proud, THE GORN!!
Gorn Dragon Alliance - Protecting Ghdar and the Bruce Way!

Gorn Dragon Templar
"Protecting the roads to Brucedom for all travelers of faith"

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2007, 12:50:18 am »
hRMMM.... oops caps.