Topic: New Legacy Patch is out..  (Read 3541 times)

Offline Electric Eye

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: New Legacy Patch is out..
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 04:10:41 pm »
The reason I bought that Fry's system is cause it had whistles and bells and way cool neon blue lights like your case has.  ;D

I think after taxes it will be time to take it back and get a new m/b installed. None of this integrated crap please. Live and learn. I did however, have some fantastic times on SH3 though, and I do believe our SH3 thread had the most hits for a game, IIRC.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 04:14:23 pm »
The reason I bought that Fry's system is cause it had whistles and bells and way cool neon blue lights like your case has.  ;D

I think after taxes it will be time to take it back and get a new m/b installed. None of this integrated crap please. Live and learn. I did however, have some fantastic times on SH3 though, and I do believe our SH3 thread had the most hits for a game, IIRC.

I think you might be right there. I saw a cool case mod the other day, someone had made his PC look like the warp core on the NX-01. Of course, not enough Blue lights for me, but it was still pretty Boss.

One of these days, I'm gonna really get into case modding, and have more neon lights, then Power. Right now, I'm heavy into fans. My PC sounds like a small aircraft when I turn them all on.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Electric Eye

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2007, 04:57:57 pm »
Mine too.  ;) I still love the way it lights up the living room.  ;D

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2007, 08:06:45 pm »
A quick look at your board, if it's the one that I'm looking at correctly, should have slots for a Video card if you desire to put one in it.

For the time you bought the computer it probably was a nice computer able to handle most things out there actually (a year or so ago).  It's just been surpassed.

You might also want to invest in an upgrade of sound as well if you are upgrading.

I still think it would be easier to just buy an xbox360 IMO.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline Electric Eye

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2007, 09:26:12 am »
Yup, I can remember when systems stayed current for 2 or 3 years and it was the software that took time to surpass a system's minimum requirements. Not any more, hehehehehe. Of course, that means systems just a tad behind the newest ones are discounted quite a bit on the sales floor.  ;)

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2007, 12:17:34 pm »
Well, for a while game makers were being sensible and wanted to make money, so they catered to the average system.

Now, game makers are catering to systems much higher.  Supreme Commander for example pushes the limits on systems that aren't even made yet in some instances. I can get it to work on some systems older than a year or two, but it highly depends on the specs.  (The game delivers everything they said it would by the way, but the middle to end game is a bit overwhelming with all that you have to pay attention to).

On the otherhand your system should be pretty good for some of the hotter games coming out.  For example I'm certain it runs WoW and it's expansion the Burning Crusade excessively well.  It probably will also run the new Command and Conquer game that's going to be coming out soon (Command and Conquer 3 the Tiberium Wars), and run it better than most computers out there.

It's a good computer, just some gamemakers create their games depending on the specs of a console such as the Xbox 360 without a care of how it might run on a computer, and thence don't really consider that to actually sell games they should cater to a majority who DON'T have the most up to date and current rig.

That's why Blizzard repeatedly sells so well, they create great games.......

That actually can run on a majority of people's computers.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline Toast

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2007, 10:46:06 pm »
EE a bud of mine has a pc with the same pross,ram and onboard vid played alot of games fine but ran into probs with doom3 and cod2 if u happen to have a pci-e slot for a graphics card i recommend the ati radeon x1300pro/or1600 if yeh want a 512 card solved my buds problems I have the 1300pro myself love the card.

Offline Electric Eye

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2007, 11:32:01 pm »
Thanks Toast!  ;D