Topic: Question about OP+ 4.0  (Read 2524 times)

Offline Vipre

• Commander
Question about OP+ 4.0
« on: February 11, 2007, 10:43:56 pm »
Greetings all,

Downloaded this file "opplus_40_models.exe" recently to get the goodies inside and I likey what I see. I have a question about the shiplist.txt file and model relations though.

Can I replace some of the op+ models with the stock sfc op models, just the .mod files & textures themselves nothing else, without running into problems or has the shiplist been edited too much to do that? All of this is cosmetic but I don't know how it might interact with the modified shiplist file.

Personally I like the versions of the Yamato, Ulysses and Ark Royale that have been done by several of the modelers here and want to add them in, plus I'd like to add in the Larson, Baker and maybe even a Loknar or two.

Thanks in advance.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
Re: Question about OP+ 4.0
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 12:26:51 am »
You can still replace models w/OP+ just like the regular game. Just rename your new/replacement models  (the folder and the .mod files) to the same as the ones that you are replacing.

In case you aren't aware OP+ has it's own model directory. It doesn't use the stock models folder.  This would be the location of the models folder for OP+ assuming a stock install location for Orion Pirates. "C:\Program Files\Taldren Software Inc\Starfleet Command Orion Pirates\opplus\models"
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 12:48:07 am »
Thanks Rod.

It is a stock install and I was hoping this was the case. It took me forever to track a working link down for this file and I love the models it adds, well most of them, I just wanna add in my own little cosmetic touch. WickedZombie's Midway is just too good to leave out of OP.

Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 09:32:16 pm »
NP. Post, if you run into any problems.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?