Topic: Nemesis should have been...  (Read 3618 times)

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
Nemesis should have been...
« on: January 27, 2007, 06:33:03 pm »
Nemesis is a few years old now and everyone has pretty much said what has needed to be said, but after reading what Brent Spiner recently said about it, made me start thinking about it again.  Here is how I think Nemesis should have done.

1. Should have shown Riker and Troi's Wedding and not just the reception.

2. Miles O"Brien should have been at the wedding.

3. Reg Barkley SHOULD have been at the wedding. In Voyager he spent some time with Troi and Riker, it only makes sense he would be at their wedding.

4. The Enterprise should have been shown in Space dock receiving supplies such as the Argo.

5. Show a scene of Picard in the shuttle bay with LaForge, seeing the Argo and then explaining he would like to drive it.

6. Explanation for Worf, why is he not a Klingon/Federation Ambassador?  Or at least, why return to Enterprise and not DS9?

7. Mention of Lore when B4 is found.  He has been known to trick them, yet they so easily trust B4?

8. When the Enterprise is in orbit of Romulus, it's too quiet.  The capital world of a major empire should be bursting with life.  Cargo ships, space docks, ANYTHING!

9. Sela and Tomalak.  You don't assassinate the Romulan Senate and NOT expect those two to get upset.

10. Spock.  Once again, the murder of the entire Senate is a big deal, especially when he is trying to reunite Romulus and Vulcan.

11. Bigger space battle.  The Enterprise was to meet up with and take command of a task force.  When the Enterprise doesnt show up at the time they were supposed too, the fleet should have investigated.  They would have then participated in the battle against the Scimitar.

12.  Worf shouldn't be so suprised the Romulans fought with honor.  He only spent most of DS9 fighting side by side them against the Dominion.

13. Bigger more emotional funeral for Data.  He deserved better honor for his sacrifice.  He's Data for crying out loud!

14. Picard could have given a "Continuing Missions" speech like Kirk at the end of Star Trek VI.  Reasure us this is only the end of this Chapter and another will continue the Voyages.

I think Nemesis would have been so much better that way.  Who cares if it was three hours?  Some of the best movies made are three hours, and they pull it off because they're good and worth watching for that long.  With a little more thought into Nemesis' plot and less about it's length, it would have rocked!  Hopefully this new movie will help a little, and not destroy it.
"Humanity's homeworld had withstood centuries of attempts at self-destruction, but soon the aliens would amass a fleet and make all their struggles moot."

Offline S'Raek

• Commander
Re: Nemesis should have been...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 07:51:11 pm »
Personally I hated what they have done to the Romulans in the newer series.  In TOS the Romulans were bastards but they were honorable bastards.  In TNG they were much too backstabbing to me.  And where and when did they end up being two separate races like that?  I had never heard that before at least.

Veritas vos Liberabit -- Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 08:00:44 pm »

15. Should have provided shoes to Shinzon that didn't make him walk like a girl.   ;D

The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 11:18:33 pm »
The Romulans in DS9 were pretty cool.  But for some reason they went back to being the way there were in TNG for Nemesis.  It's like they didn't even take DS9 into consideration when making it.  They even said Romulan Ale was illegal when it's not anymore.  And Shinzon did need a new outfit lol.  It worked for the Remans but he needed something else.
"Humanity's homeworld had withstood centuries of attempts at self-destruction, but soon the aliens would amass a fleet and make all their struggles moot."

Offline jualdeaux

• The Quiet One
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 10:00:15 am »
They even said Romulan Ale was illegal when it's not anymore. 

When was it made legal?
Only in America .....do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 07:11:40 pm »
"Inter Arma Silent Legas" on DS9.  When they had a medical conference on Romulus, they served Romulan Ale on their way there and they claimed it was no longer illegal.

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • No Replacement For Displacement
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 11:44:17 pm »
How about NOT HAVING A CAR CHASE?!

How about the starfleet people knowing that the remans/romulans had something so damn big and awful lurking around?  A monster like that SHOULD have been noticed by someone.  Where the hell was Section 31 at?  Playing games with Bashir's mind?

How about not ripping off Wrath of Khan? 

Or better, HOW ABOUT FINDING A DIRECTOR THAT CAN TELL GEORDI IS NOT AN ALIEN?!

*huff, huff*

Okay, I'm better now.

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 09:12:38 pm »
"Inter Arma Silent Legas" on DS9.  When they had a medical conference on Romulus, they served Romulan Ale on their way there and they claimed it was no longer illegal.

I rather suspect Romulan ale was never illegal on Romulus...  ::)

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 05:23:02 pm »
They served it on bored the USS Bellerophon (NCC-74705).  They couldn't serve it on bored a Federation Starship, (although they did in TUC, they mentioned it was illegal).

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 03:21:24 pm »
I could go for those changes...perhaps an explanation of what is up with Wesley as well.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 03:26:39 pm »
I could go for those changes...perhaps an explanation of what is up with Wesley as well.

That was a marketing ploy IIRC. there where a serious of Books, a time to **** that explained how Wesley came back out of favor with the Travellers. Man there was like 6 books in that series, and probably did better then movie (profit wise) RatBoy probably knows more about it then I do though.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War