Topic: Has anyone tested the new ED mission in PvP yet?  (Read 3619 times)

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
Has anyone tested the new ED mission in PvP yet?
« on: January 09, 2007, 01:30:13 pm »
I know thw holidays really screwed with my availability, but has anyone gottend a chance to see if the PvP bugs had gotten fixed yet?
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
Re: Has anyone tested the new ED mission in PvP yet?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 01:40:56 pm »
If the Servers could stay up for more than twenty minutes at a time.  (Maybe Frey needs to take a couple people up on their offer to camp the cable line)
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 01:43:05 pm »
I restarted it, I saw the console was hung while trying to connect to the Directory servers.   Looks operational now though.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 01:47:29 pm »
Well, I have to go to the Autoparts store, the Bank and then the Grocery store.  After that I'm free until about 5 PM Central, anyone going to be available?
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 12:08:18 pm »
Down again.  :(

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 12:51:05 pm »
Down again.  :(

Weird, server was still running.   I just rebooted it so it should be available.

Somebody look for me on MSN tonight before 11 PM so we can finally test this stuff in PvP

Offline Alphageek

• How can Gallifrey be gone?!
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 01:41:14 pm »
Assuming I'm not doubled over by then, I'd like to come in on the PvP test.  That's 11 P.M. EST, right?

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 04:12:33 pm »

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 09:00:52 pm »
I'll be on the server from now until about midnight EST unless something big comes up.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 11:07:47 pm »
Any way to tone down the number of Battleships in the shipyard?  When I logged off there was something like 9 BattleShips and 10 Frigates, the rest being speciality or unique ships. (CFR and NCM respectively)

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 02:58:59 am »
Brief report:

Geek and I were involved in some PvP while on the server tonight.  Knightstorm joined us for one battle.

Besides Geek throughly handing me my head, we noticed no issues related to the mission script.  A little bit of lag, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Suggestion for Dave:  Eliminate the Cancel Target function on Warping until the ship actually goes to warp.  Hypothetically, if someone were to take an Engine hit during the power up time, it could cancel the jump to warp.  And then the ship that was trying to warp would be forced to fight, but since they couldn't re-acquire a target they'd be little more than target practice.  It's not much of an issue in a duel, but in a fleet engagement it could make a difference.

Offline Alphageek

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 09:18:59 am »
Losing targeting isn't such a big deal as everyone on the map loses targeting once you decide to warp out.

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Serverkit Development Team
  • Lt. Commander
  • Scripter and general nuisance
    • NukeDocs
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 10:39:04 am »
Brief report:

Geek and I were involved in some PvP while on the server tonight.  Knightstorm joined us for one battle.

Besides Geek throughly handing me my head, we noticed no issues related to the mission script.  A little bit of lag, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Kewl, thanks!

Suggestion for Dave:  Eliminate the Cancel Target function on Warping until the ship actually goes to warp.  Hypothetically, if someone were to take an Engine hit during the power up time, it could cancel the jump to warp.  And then the ship that was trying to warp would be forced to fight, but since they couldn't re-acquire a target they'd be little more than target practice.  It's not much of an issue in a duel, but in a fleet engagement it could make a difference.

I think I covered that eventuality in the code, but will go back and double-check

thanks,
dave

Offline Alphageek

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2007, 12:14:27 am »
Knightstorm and I flew against each other in two missions.  We won one apiece.  There didn't seem to be any bugs to report.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2007, 12:16:02 am »
I found a bug.  After Geek withdrew from the second round, the mission did not end.  I was forced to warp out in order to end the mission
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 12:51:41 am by knightstorm »

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• Semi retired, but I am still around
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2007, 10:21:52 am »
I found a bug.  After Geek withdrew from the second round, the mission did not end.  I was forced to warp out in order to end the mission

That is an old bug that cannot be fixed. :)

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW
SILENCE.....I keel you!!!

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2007, 04:47:06 pm »
Cool.  Dave, are we good for the next pack?   let me know and I'll switch them on the server.

(though I'm not home and can't connect to the server right now, hmm . . . )

Offline Alphageek

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 12:07:54 am »
Ooooh!  Is there a new pack ready?  Sweet! 

Die Hard, when the next pack goes in, can you restart the server at the earliest bit?  Oh, and can you fix the Pirate political scene so every pirate isn't a long term partner of every other pirate?

Offline Alphageek

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2007, 12:10:01 am »

Actually, after I warped off, it didn't close.  So I used the forfeit button to close the session out.

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Serverkit Development Team
  • Lt. Commander
  • Scripter and general nuisance
    • NukeDocs
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2007, 01:18:11 pm »
I found a bug.  After Geek withdrew from the second round, the mission did not end.  I was forced to warp out in order to end the mission
I'll dig into it some more, see what I can come up with.

dave