Topic: George Takei Internet Episodes to be Available Soon  (Read 2988 times)

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
George Takei Internet Episodes to be Available Soon
« on: September 25, 2006, 11:18:59 am »
George Takei Does Internet 'Star Trek'

PORT HENRY, N.Y. (AP) - Prim Sulu has become a barbarian. With flowing hair and leather clothes, George Takei agreed to age 30 years for an Internet download episode of "Star Trek." The 50-minute production by Trekkie enthusiasts is being filmed at an old car dealership in the Adirondacks.

The new episode, "World Enough and Time," has Sulu being unexpectedly transported. "I find myself on another alien planet. I live 30 years of my life there. I have a child," Takei said.

Then he returns to the starship Enterprise.

"It turns out to be only a minute or two that's passed on the Enterprise. I'm a changed man."

Standing in for William Shatner as Captain Kirk is the episode's producer, James Cawley of nearby Ticonderoga, who has financed 15 years of such "Star Trek" episodes from his earnings as an Elvis impersonator.

Cawley said the episode will be released in March as a free Internet download from his Star Trek New Voyages Web site.

"It's huge now," Cawley said. "It started out as my friends and me getting together playing 'Star Trek.' Now it's film crews donating their time. People take it seriously."

Including Takei.

"My coming back is crucial to the existence of the Enterprise," he said. "It's classic drama, and it's rip-snorting good."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060925/D8KBU6P00.html
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
Re: George Takei Internet Episodes to be Available Soon
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 09:11:32 am »
Sweet, although the whole aging thing smacks of the Chekov one they did, doesn't it?  I didn't see it all, but he aged in that one too.  Too bad they can't just make a straight Sulu episode with Takai, although it does sound interesting.  Somebody should make an Excelsior set, and just have Takei move in next door so they can make Captain Sulu episodes to their hearts content... Hmmmm.

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 12:01:46 am »
PORT HENRY, N.Y. (AP) - Prim Sulu has become a barbarian. With flowing hair and leather clothes, George Takei agreed to age 30 years for an Internet download episode of "Star Trek."

Jeez!!!   That's gonna make him what, 110?

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell
-----------------------------------------

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • No Replacement For Displacement
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 05:03:15 pm »
"It's classic drama, and it's rip-snorting good."

Silly people, he was talking about his homemade BBQ sauce buisness.

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 10:24:57 pm »
It's a transporter accident, time warp thingy.  He comes onto the ship with his 20 something daughter as well.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 10:18:40 am »
Yes keep in mind it's a TOS fan series set in 2268 or 9 and it's the 30 something Sulu of TOS that ages 30 year into the 70 or 80 something Takei
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."