Topic: Anyone recommend some good space sims?  (Read 6693 times)

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Anyone recommend some good space sims?
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2007, 01:56:25 am »
Have you tried Freespace 2? I don't due multi because they are revamping it, but the straight retail settings should with the net user interface they recently made at Game-Warden.com (go there for more info.)

Besides the AI camapigns will challenge you enough!

I just got my butt handed to me by the WC Saga Pirates... ;)

Plenty of multi-mission campaigns made like The Babylon Project or Derelict (Complete with voice acting! Shameless self advertisement).

Link the the last of the great space combat sims: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2007, 02:27:27 am »
Hmm, if one liked Freelancer, there's always Darkstar One.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2007, 08:52:04 am »
I still play Freelancer on line. There are about 150 servers to choose from. Some are something like the single player game. Then there are some that are so Modded that it almost does not look like the same game.

A few servers I can recommend.

1) The Void.  A huge Mod was made for this server. Can be fun. Usually anywhere from 25 to 80 people on at any time.

2) Eagle Utopia.  A sever that will drive you NUTS!!!!. The Pirates have been given Hawk light fighters with Lv 9 Champ Shields and Lv 9 & 10 guns :o

3) Freelancer Rollplay LV. All I can say is that if you thought that Nomads were nasty, on this server wait until you run into a souped up Nomad Gunboat :o :brickwall:

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2007, 08:34:21 am »
I still play Freelancer on line. There are about 150 servers to choose from. Some are something like the single player game. Then there are some that are so Modded that it almost does not look like the same game.

A few servers I can recommend.

1) The Void.  A huge Mod was made for this server. Can be fun. Usually anywhere from 25 to 80 people on at any time.

2) Eagle Utopia.  A sever that will drive you NUTS!!!!. The Pirates have been given Hawk light fighters with Lv 9 Champ Shields and Lv 9 & 10 guns :o

3) Freelancer Rollplay LV. All I can say is that if you thought that Nomads were nasty, on this server wait until you run into a souped up Nomad Gunboat :o :brickwall:

I just bought and received freelancer from ebay, but haven't openned it yet.  It might take me awhile.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Electric Eye

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2007, 08:06:37 pm »
Lunar Lander

25 cents a play when you can find it.

;D

ahhh, the good ole days.