Topic: Unless I get it in the states, no PS3 for me...gamesites REALLY screwed this one  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
So, they are cutting backwards compatibility for the PS2 from the PS3.  Screw that.  I don't think the US version plays Euro games so that screws me.  I listened to game reviews from gamespot and other places which asked how many gamers actually play the games from the older systems, well, I know anyone who had older games for the PS1 did on the PS2.  I planned on playing PS2 games along with PS3 games on a PS3, since the library for the PS3 has almost NO games.

So what do the gamesites compare it to, thinking to compare it to Xbox gamers...who apparantly don't play older games on their Xbox360.

Yeah right.

Backwards compatibility means I can have one system for all my PS games...without that...hell...now I really WILL buy an Xbox360 (and I've been staunch against it if that tells anyone anything about how pissed I am about Sony's nonchalant move [edit:though I admit, I've played on my cousins pretty darn heavily, there are two games I absolutely LOVE on the xbox360 I admit, and have me hooked on them...he's all for me getting one), and get old Xbox games, as well as a Wii.  Sony can kiss...what's that term, oh yeah, Sony can kiss my grits.

I'm pretty certain I'm not the only who thinks this either.  Sony just LOST the PS3 market in Europe, and Microsoft has to be dancing in the streets with joy over the stupidity of Sony with this decision.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 12:24:33 pm by Dash Jones »
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
That suxxors. There is always the mod scene in a few years. I don't know if they have a mod chip out yet for the PS3 or not. I know every PS2 I've owned, I've modded, to play Japanese import games.

I've heard bad news though also with the Xbox360, at least the march 6th units. One guy had to replace his 7 times within a year, due to it constantly overheating/Breaking.

Let me find the article.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/22/owner-of-seven-failed-xbox-360s-speaks-out/

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War