Topic: The expansion to Empire at War  (Read 1764 times)

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• Semi retired, but I am still around
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
The expansion to Empire at War
« on: October 26, 2006, 10:18:40 pm »
This expansion to Empires at War: Forces of Corruption is awesome.

It a three way fight and it does get nasty. ;D

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW
SILENCE.....I keel you!!!

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
Re: The expansion to Empire at War
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 01:01:44 pm »
I saw Empires at War. I hope it is much better than SW Galaxies and you do not have to live on the PC to get learn how everything works?

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 11:11:33 am »
Not even the same genre of game, Jack...
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 11:19:11 am »
It is a remake of Star Wars Rebellion.   It's.. entertaining..but more of a cross between Starcraft & Command & Conquer.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Iceman

• 1st Lieutenant
  • Lt.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 01:04:21 pm »
It is a remake of Star Wars Rebellion.   It's.. entertaining..but more of a cross between Starcraft & Command & Conquer.

That's hardly true at all, and definitely not a fair comparison.  Rebellion was almost card based. This is an RTS with a turn based strategic element.
I believe this belongs to you. -Commander Sheehan to Imperial Captain Smithy
"Wedge, it's amazing how deceptive you can be without actually lying." -Tycho Celchu

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 08:53:40 am »
Yeah, it's a lot more 'twitchy' and RTS like than Rebellion, which seemed almost turn-based due to it's slower pace.

Honestly, I liked Rebellion better.  Bigger galaxy, lots of ships, lots of heros, etc.  It had it's problems, I know...I wish they'd do a bona fide remake of it.
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 05:09:00 pm »

That's hardly true at all, and definitely not a fair comparison.  Rebellion was almost card based. This is an RTS with a turn based strategic element.

Thus the Command & Conquer part.   ;D
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz