Topic: Dynaverse ESPN FFL Week 9 Results  (Read 2119 times)

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
Dynaverse ESPN FFL Week 9 Results
« on: November 08, 2006, 06:55:56 pm »
Ok, here are the results for week 9. We had some high scroring games this week! The Sharks are looking tough with 4 weeks left in the season.  EMEDGE BEATERS is looking tough at 6-2-1.  We have three teams at 5-4 and two teams with 4 wins are still in the running. There are two division winners and two wildcards. The wildcards can come from either division. Get ready for another great weekend!!!

SHARKS (8-1) @ TWISTERS (2-7)
Indianapolis Sharks, Scott Parkinson 98
Oklahoma Twisters, Andy Dail 57

DRAGONS (4-5) @ LORDS (5-4)
Oregon Dragons, Brian Wardell 111
Thorngate Lords, Phillip Showel 126

PHASERS (3-6) @ EXCALIBURS (2-7)
9th Fleet Phasers, Enrique I 43
New England Excaliburs, Steve Sangster 16

EMEDGE BEATERS (6-2-1) @ FOUR HORSEMEN (4-4-1)
North Carolina EmEdge Beaters, marc wardell 66
The Metropolis Four Horsemen, Alan Witte 66

STEELERS (5-4) @ PENGUINS (5-4)
Flex Steelers, Jen Wolfe 89
Platteville Penguins, Sean Wolfe 112

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
Re: Dynaverse ESPN FFL Week 9 Results
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 10:09:40 am »
Geeze, my injury fairy is back.  I have more probables than a quaterback at a homecoming dance. 

This week is a real toss-up for my starting QB.  Manning has been slaughtering teams, but my #2 Kitna is up against the worst pass defense in the NFL.... I guess I'll go with Manning, but Kitna is really, really tempting this week.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline IndyShark

• Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 11:13:38 am »
That is tempting, but I go with Manning as well

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 12:24:51 pm »
I have a lot of.. Interesting decisions to make each week.

At QB I can go Manning, Kitna, or Trent Green.  Green still isn't back from his concussion.  I probably should have waivered him in week 3 for a RB / WR.

At RB I can go Dominic Rhodes (who is inujured but probably back), Chris Brown (who is having a lousy year) or Rudi Johnson who is also injured (I generally use him in the RB / WR slot.

At RB/WR I can go with Johnson or Joe Horn (Who is busted up bad, right after I declined to trade him, of course) .

In the WR slot I have Deon Branch (#1 choice for me), Keyshawn Johnson (who isn't getting looks from his QB), Joe Horn, or Jerricho Cotchery.

For TE I can go Desmond Clark, Ben Troupe, or Bo Scaife, none of which are anyone to write home about.

My only kicker is Jay Feely, who isn't a bad choice as the Jets tend to have to settle for a lot of field goal attempts.

At defense I can start Kansas City or the Giants.  I lean toward the giants.

I do not marvel at my season thus far.

My injured list is:

Trent Green - Questionable
Joe Horn - Doubtful
Dominic Rhodes - Probable
Rudi Johnson - Probable

Keshawn Johnson just came off the injury list.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 01:43:19 pm »
Yeah, I get 111 and still don't win!  I'm takin' it to the sharks this week though.  I am going to hand the Sharks their second loss of the season this week, however.  The first victory in a string that will bring me to overall dominance! ;)

Sadly it looks as though I should have put Carson Palmer in at QB instead of Eli Manning.  The Bengals are rippin' it big time in SD, and I doubt that Manning it going to fare very well in Chicago.  Can I turn time back a couple of hours?

Add that to the fact that we have no idea who's starting in Denver this week.  Early reports were that Mike Bell was going to start, but then I heard that Mike Bell might not even dress?  What's that about?  Anyway, I'm sure my team will find a way to lose, even with some of the newer aquisitions.  Damn Palmer has 21 points at the half.  Why, god?

Offline Darth Sidious

• Lt.
  • One Winged Angel
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 05:47:08 pm »
I'm amazed I managed to pull that win out.

And now I feel like an idiot starting Gerrard over Romo (or Grossman).

And in a different league; at just before kickoff.... i bench Chad Johnson for Chambers.
DOH!

Yeah, I get 111 and still don't win! 

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 08:43:36 pm »
Yipee!  I toppled the Sharks, even without Palmer!  What's up with that Denver running game though?

Offline GE-Raven

• Lord God Emperor for Life of the Taldren SETI Group
  • D.Net VIP
  • Commander
  • The cause of AND solution to life's problems
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 08:28:12 am »
Yipee!  I toppled the Sharks, even without Palmer!  What's up with that Denver running game though?

The Hen is the wisest of God's Creatures, for she only cackles once the egg is layed.

Remember folks... if you still have players left and the other guy doesn't, negative points can still kill ya.

Although this looks to be a tie.

I just wanna know why I am the only team with 100 points!  :-)

You all better hope I don't get in the playoffs!

GE-Raven

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 03:21:50 pm »
My game won't be decided until tonight.  He has a 3 point lead.  He has 1 player playing, I have 2.

Offline IndyShark

• Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 08:12:52 pm »

Bad news. My team sucked this week, but it looks like a tie to me! LOL

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 09:40:33 pm »

The Hen is the wisest of God's Creatures, for she only cackles once the egg is layed.

Remember folks... if you still have players left and the other guy doesn't, negative points can still kill ya.

Although this looks to be a tie.

I just wanna know why I am the only team with 100 points!  :-)

You all better hope I don't get in the playoffs!

GE-Raven

Heh, when I wrote that I was several points up even after subtracting the -2 from Manning (had 57 total, -2 from Manning and +1 from Shockey left me ahead by 2).  Somebody must have had a couple of points taken away (it's happened before, I know it was in the news for Ben Watson, I think, as a TD was made by another TE on the team, but they gave it to him by mistake). 

If only had gone with a different running back other than Tatum Bell, or perhaps had the insight to put Carson Palmer in there it wouldn't have been an issue.  Oh, well.  At least I break a long losing streak with a tie I guess.  It's been a dismal season for my team, and go figure, I pick up a couple of new players and they begin to fail to perform.  Ugh!