Topic: Guild wars or how Stephen was left begging at the fairgrounds.  (Read 5678 times)

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• Semi retired, but I am still around
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
Re: Guild wars or how Stephen was left begging at the fairgrounds.
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 05:58:07 pm »
I bought Factions today. I will install it this Sunday.

I will need help to get going. :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 07:37:10 pm by CayneG »

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW
SILENCE.....I keel you!!!

Offline manitoba1073

• FLEET ADMIRAL OF THE YARDS
  • Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2006, 10:08:12 am »
you mean you guys are finally comming back.  ;D ;D ;D  i didnt really disband it, i left it incase you guys did come back. and didnt want anyone trying to kick all you guys like someone tried long ago. as usual if u guys need anything let me know im usually around somewhere.

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• Semi retired, but I am still around
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2006, 10:52:18 pm »
I am in guys. :)

I am Gyrhawk the Mighty. (Lame name)  ::)

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW
SILENCE.....I keel you!!!

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2006, 08:57:18 am »
LOL, not at all, as IT just rolls off the toungue. I'll add you to my friends list, and get you an invite to join the SFC guild.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2006, 03:09:21 am »
And I do have to say, Grim was a great help!! ( Thanks buddy, you were a star, nay, are a star ;D )
I've made some headway into the game, though I admit to not being big on those kind of games.
It is my bro's game really, but i've just popped on every so often.
I'm still only in Kyria (sp?).

Due to comp upgrades and the such, i've not installed Guild wars for ages....Though Oblivion did take over my life for a bit ;D
God said to the Welsh: 'I am going to give you this glorious land of lakes and mountains.' So where's the catch, asked the Welsh? 'Wait until you see the neighbours,' replied God.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2006, 08:06:18 am »
Oh man, Oblivian get's into your soul, and won't let go. I've been playing abit of Dark Messiah (might and magic) , and keep trying to do that /Image thing for Guild wars.

Stephen

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2006, 09:09:21 am »
I read that M&M is based on half life and is very linear... didn't fancy it.
Neverwinter nights 2, Medieval 2, and as usual Galactic Civilisations 2, with the Star Trek Mod.... all have had my focus... and recently, Warhammer Mark of Chaos.

And real life of course  ;D
God said to the Welsh: 'I am going to give you this glorious land of lakes and mountains.' So where's the catch, asked the Welsh? 'Wait until you see the neighbours,' replied God.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2006, 09:16:36 am »
It is very Linear. However the story is amazing. The Eye Candy, Blood splatter, and Some Adult themed homour makes it a win for me. Don't get me wrong, It's no Oblivion at all.

NWN2 I'm abit dissapointed with personaly, I like the story line with M&M alot more. Galactic Civilizations 2 just rocks. I'll have to check out the ST mod. I'd love to get my hands on Dual Procc. just to really dig in deeper with GC2.

Anyway, With Bethesda doing Fallout 3, and given the success of Oblivion, I can hardly wait. at first, I didn't care for the idea of a fallout being 1st person, but after seeing what they can do, I take back any doubts.

Stephen

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2006, 11:26:31 am »
It is very Linear. However the story is amazing. The Eye Candy, Blood splatter, and Some Adult themed homour makes it a win for me. Don't get me wrong, It's no Oblivion at all.

NWN2 I'm abit dissapointed with personaly, I like the story line with M&M alot more. Galactic Civilizations 2 just rocks. I'll have to check out the ST mod. I'd love to get my hands on Dual Procc. just to really dig in deeper with GC2.

Anyway, With Bethesda doing Fallout 3, and given the success of Oblivion, I can hardly wait. at first, I didn't care for the idea of a fallout being 1st person, but after seeing what they can do, I take back any doubts.

Stephen

I forgot their doing fallout 3.....that will be something special. Might have to upgrade my rig for that.
The Galciv 2 trek mod is great, though it has a bit of a memory leak at the mo, and can slow down badly on huge galaxies.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2006, 11:30:40 am »
Do you have a link for the mod? Much appreciated of course.

Stephen

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2006, 12:01:29 pm »
The main Galciv modding forums here: http://forums.galciv2.com/?forumid=348

And the Galtrek mod is here.... though you have to register if you want the download link I believe.

http://www.s31clan.com/stmod/

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2006, 12:04:08 pm »
Not a problem, Thanks BRo.

Stephen

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2006, 03:54:31 pm »
And I do have to say, Grim was a great help!! ( Thanks buddy, you were a star, nay, are a star ;D )
I've made some headway into the game, though I admit to not being big on those kind of games.
It is my bro's game really, but i've just popped on every so often.
I'm still only in Kyria (sp?).

Due to comp upgrades and the such, i've not installed Guild wars for ages....Though Oblivion did take over my life for a bit ;D
It is Kryta and GW system requirements are less than those of Legacey I am not sure about chapter 4 but if you really want to get into GW play more often.

Offline Julin Eurthyr

• Veltrassi Ambassador at Large
  • Lt. Commander
  • Back in Exile due to Win 7 - ISC RM/Strat Com.
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2007, 09:03:57 am »
Are rare-timers allowed to join?  Not playing GW too much cause I'm stuck with onboard video that gives me crap framerates...

AKA: Koloth Kinshaya - Lord of the House Kinshaya in the Klingon Empire
S'Leth - Romulan Admiral
Some anonymous strongman in Prime Industries

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2007, 09:23:33 am »
I have no problem with that. Just give me your screen name, and I'll add you to the group.

I'll try and be on later, I got a new video card here awhile back, and I've been having a few problems with it and games. IT seems to drop the signal to my monitor.

stephen

Offline The_Joker

• Lt.
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2007, 10:46:56 am »
Can I get in on this?
"Look at him now, poor fellow. That's what a dose of reality does for you... Never touch the stuff myself, you understand. Find it gets in the way of the hallucinations."

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2007, 11:01:04 am »
You bet Joker, I'd be happy to have you with the team. :thumbsup:

Stephen

Offline Grim

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2007, 01:02:56 pm »
Just give me a shout if you need anything, some items, mission help etc.

IGN: Lodar Aric