Topic: Guild wars or how Stephen was left begging at the fairgrounds.  (Read 5677 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Guild wars or how Stephen was left begging at the fairgrounds.
« on: October 21, 2006, 05:43:56 pm »
Wow, I never thought that standing around in a circle could get so expensive. I had saved up about 15 K to buy new skills, as I had been given some good advice to change my rangers Nec skills to a a monk. Very good advice BTW, but then this Carnival thing hit town and now I'm broke. BTW, any of you guild players know what the Victory tickets are for?

In related news, I guess I need to go ahead and finish that Kirin Miasma quest thingie So IF you can PM me Javora, I'd appreciate it. Tus, Don't you play the game also? What's your online Name so I can add you to my friends list.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Grim

• Lt. Commander
Re: Guild wars or how Stephen was left begging at the fairgrounds.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 05:47:13 pm »
The main purpose of the festival games is a way to earn titles, though they require a large amount of time and cash to max out the titles.

Concerning the victory tokens, you can trade them in for some items/prizes, the guy you are looking for is called "Sheng Yi" he is a collector near the Xunlai Storage agents on Shing Jea island. You can trade in 10 victory tokens for some Experience scrolls, or some festival items.

I'm based on the European server, though i can meet up with you guys in an International district if you need any help

IGN:  Lodar Aric
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 06:03:35 pm by Grim »

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 05:53:26 pm »
I'll add you to my list Grim. I didn't know you played the game also, or I would have said something earlier.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Grim

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 06:01:04 pm »
Slight Bump as i edited my post to provide hopefully some useful info, that might answer your questions concerning the victory tokens.

I'll add you to my list Grim. I didn't know you played the game also, or I would have said something earlier.

Stephen

Yeah i've been playing Guildwars since the betas in late 2004, i've met up with a few of the sfc/d.net community members in game, such as Age, Dragoon, Storvick.

If anyone needs any help just give me a msg, and hopefully i'll do what i can

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 07:25:31 pm »
One of these days I'll probably build a Dyna Guild.  With the impending release of NWN 2 I just haven't seen the point.  If Stephen or anyone else needs help they can always call me as well.  I'll be playing right up to the release of NWN 2.

Offline Storvick_XC

• IFT Fleet Captain
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 01:14:02 am »
haven't played much of Guild Wars lately. (is flat broke so can't buy the expansion pack yet for it) maybe Santa will get it for me this year. (I doubt it) already lost too much time at work due to hour cuts that I can't afford to get the expansion packs of the games I want at least for another year or 2.    :'(   :'(    :'(    :'(    :'(

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 10:21:52 am »
I tell ya, Javora loaned me a Kick butt Monk staff, and I was able to go from Level 4 to 14 in no time at all yesterday. The only problem I had, was I had to install the game to another HD, as the old 80 gig just up and died finally.

Stephen

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 09:25:59 pm »
Good seeing you tonight Javora and Storvick, Nice to see the SFC guild starting up abit again. Hey Grim, you want to get in on this?

Stephen

Offline Javora

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 07:00:31 am »
I should have some time latter today if any of you all need help or just someone to run through a mission/quest.  Just PM me.  Seeya all later.

Offline Grim

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 07:45:19 am »
I have to say i've been really impressed so far with Nightfall, i have been taking my time with this chapter, doing all the side quests in town and generally exploring.

So far i have to say that i think its better than the two previous games Prophecies & Factions.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 04:56:21 pm »
One of these days I'll probably build a Dyna Guild.  With the impending release of NWN 2 I just haven't seen the point.  If Stephen or anyone else needs help they can always call me as well.  I'll be playing right up to the release of NWN 2.

I really wouldn't bother as manitoba 1073 tried it and disbanded it it was called The Taldren Guild and he is in another guild now so if you want to be in one with some SFC player join mine The Green Guild and Grim I still say Prophecies is the best however I haven't gotten thru Nightfall yet darn Sunspear Points.Stephen my ign is Misty Maiden.

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• Semi retired, but I am still around
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 05:23:41 pm »
Question:

What software (Guild Wars) do I need to buy to play w/ you guys?

There are three to choose from. ME is confused. :-\

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW
SILENCE.....I keel you!!!

Offline Javora

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 05:34:29 pm »
Question:

What software (Guild Wars) do I need to buy to play w/ you guys?

There are three to choose from. ME is confused. :-\

That's a good question, I think all of us has Factions so maybe that would be the one to start off with.  I would suggest the first one (Prophecies) as there are some good items to find there.  Then when you can, pick up the third one (Nightfall).  Hope that helps.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2006, 08:12:16 am »
Exactly Lyrekiller, Factions is the only one I have right now, but I'll be grabbing the others soon. I got greedy, and grabbed NWN2 and FF12 this last weekend. I then turned around and spent my copenhagen money on the damn books for both games.

Stephen

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2006, 06:08:06 pm »
I am going to wait a bit before i buy it.

I have my eye on Total War: Medival War 2 :)

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 06:31:12 pm »
   Go and check the official site out at  www.guildwars.com/ 

Offline Javora

• Commander
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 06:45:54 am »
Here is some pics to give you a better idea of the game:

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 07:03:29 am by Javora »

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 06:26:28 pm »
Thank you Javora. I am still thinking about it. :)

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 09:48:19 pm »
I really wouldn't bother as manitoba 1073 tried it and disbanded it it was called The Taldren Guild

Thats incorrect, Storvick is running it now, http://www.guilduniverse.com/sfc.  I was in it, but i prefer to play w/ my lil bro so i went to his guild.  I would recommend getting factions and/or nightfall.  when you can buy profecies (i still haven't beaten it... lol)
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Storvick_XC

• IFT Fleet Captain
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 01:31:17 am »
Right now the SFC guild is trying to get off the ground again. I took over the command of it and I put Sirgod as my 2nd in command. Our SFC guild site is up and running (though we are still working on it) The site is: http://www.guilduniverse.com/sfc/