Topic: BSG season 3.0 spoilers thread.  (Read 43030 times)

762_XC

Re: BSG season 3.0 spoilers thread.
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2006, 03:27:39 am »
She's too bony.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2006, 03:26:55 pm »
True, but she has this great Smile.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2006, 04:05:43 pm »
What, no comments about Friday night's episode, or the scenes with Baltar in bed with both Lucy Lawless and Tricia Heffer? 

I liked their declaration of three-way love on friday night's episode. 

He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2006, 04:22:56 pm »
What, no comments about Friday night's episode, or the scenes with Baltar in bed with both Lucy Lawless and Tricia Heffer? 

I liked their declaration of three-way love on friday night's episode. 

You think us fan boys are done masterbaiting over that? Give us abit of time Dan. :D

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

762_XC

« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2006, 11:38:40 am »
The Baltar-on-the-baseship thing is getting old for me. I hope that arc goes somewhere pretty soon.

I did enjoy how they played out his return to Galactica...he actually almost wanted to stay, even knowing what he'd be facing.

Offline Villa64

• NCC-64E
  • Captain
  • Knuckle Dragger
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2006, 03:31:19 pm »
I wont be satisfied until Baltar is on the huge platform throne, and Xena and Six are saying "by your command".
Engaging the precious snowflakes of the world.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2006, 06:26:34 pm »
By your command hasn't been said since the end of the mini-series.  Earlier this season there was dialogue between six and Baltar that stated the cylon god was human.  That the 7 models we see are out of touch with god could perhaps be as a result of the attemted genocide?  I wonder how long they will string this out?  It will be interesting to see how it plays out with Athena's loyaties now that she knows Hera is alive and what will happem since Hera is ill?  I would have thought that a hybrid that could cure cancer would be very robust in it's own health.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #107 on: December 25, 2006, 11:41:46 am »
OMG, the previews for season 3.5 are awesome looking...

We will see Athena getting a chance to retrieve her daughter....

Adama and Roslyn in the sack?!?!?! 

Also, another cylon will be revealed.... someone finds Earth.... and some one dies....

BTW, watched 'Bladerunner' the other day for the first time in a while.... (Edward James Elmos was in that if you didn't know) and kept hearing the word 'Skinjob' tossed about to describe the synthetic humans.... I wonder if Elmos brought that over to the BSG script...
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2006, 05:41:37 pm »
Recently over at galactica station they have an interview involving Elmos where he said when askde to do the Adama role, that they needed to do the show like blade runner for him to bve a part of it.

http://galactica-station.blogspot.com/

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
  • Jusssst short of a 1000 Taldren posts, damn!!
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2007, 10:48:16 pm »
Alrighty then, who did Diana, Diana, (whatever Zenas new name is) see? I figure from what she said it has to be someone she personnaly wronged.

Since I screwed the pooch on predicting Jammer was a cylon, I'm going out on the limb again and put my money on Starbuck as one of the remaining five. Afterall, Starbuck was strong enough to take down Six back on Caprica. Though I'm not sure if there was intraction between her and Diana.

Just dropping ideas here, still in shock that the Colts actually won.
G.R.I.P. - Great Rid of Incumbent Politicians

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2007, 10:10:36 am »
Alrighty then, who did Diana, Diana, (whatever Zenas new name is) see? I figure from what she said it has to be someone she personnaly wronged.

Since I screwed the pooch on predicting Jammer was a cylon, I'm going out on the limb again and put my money on Starbuck as one of the remaining five. Afterall, Starbuck was strong enough to take down Six back on Caprica. Though I'm not sure if there was intraction between her and Diana.

Just dropping ideas here, still in shock that the Colts actually won.

Hmm...Think you screwed the pooch again with that. I've seen nothing about the female Cylon's that shows they have exceptional strength. Athena couldn't fight off the interegator that tried to rape her, though I admit I could be wrong since there was a comment in the same episode about the Pegasus's cylon killing 11 men or something before she could be subdued. Then again Apollo and Starbuck beat each other to a standstill in the ring. My money is on noone else in the main cast being part of the final five. My bet is that the final five are connected directly with Earth. Find Earth find the Five.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2007, 11:22:25 pm »
Well it seems that Starbuck finaly bit the Big One. :o

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline Sarek

• Commander
« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2007, 11:54:35 pm »
Well it seems that Starbuck finaly bit the Big One. :o

I wouldn't count on it, it wouldn't surprise me if the season ended with an image of Starbuck in a resurrection tank.
Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.  – John Adams (1814)

www.lp.org

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2007, 12:36:20 am »
I still doubt Starbuck is a Cylon, but mark my word on this, one way or another she will make a return.

As the saying goes on soap operas: "If you don't see the body on screen, they aren't dead."
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
  • Jusssst short of a 1000 Taldren posts, damn!!
« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2007, 09:16:21 am »
I just finished watching the tivo of that episode and whoa!! Kill off Starbuck?

This is either a brillant move or they're getting ready to jump the shark. The way she went out is too final, too physically certain. If she comes back from this then they've jumped the shark.

Unless she  is a Cylon. Or unless there really was Cylons in that Storm cloud. Or maybe here mom did it with a Cylon, or maybe....
G.R.I.P. - Great Rid of Incumbent Politicians

Offline The_Joker

• Lt.
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2007, 12:04:58 pm »
Its a bit early for them to be jumping the shark, and whatever they are planning, its been in the works for a while from all interviews I've seen.  I don't think she is a Cylon, honestly, I'm leaning toward some type of demigod status for her, or perhaps, as NJ said, she is actually the first Hybrid.  I honestly don't know, I just know that I don't think she's completely dead.  You've got to remember that this show is liberally doused in mysticism that seems to be more than ideological, so there is probably a chance of some type of resurrection other than as a Cylon.
"Look at him now, poor fellow. That's what a dose of reality does for you... Never touch the stuff myself, you understand. Find it gets in the way of the hallucinations."

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2007, 12:09:46 pm »
I knew this season would be bad for character deaths when they killed Ellen Tigh in Exodus (by the Gods that scene brought a tear to my eye and I hated that woman).  Then they killed Kat, who I had grown to like as a foil for Starbuck.  I liked Starbuck a lot.  Katee Sackhoff did a good job as portraying a very messed up person who happened to be one of the best pilots the fleet had left.  Another thing I liked was the recognition in this episdoe that if they weren't in such a desperate situation NONE of the pilots would still be flying.

A couple of things stand out for me, and I hope it's not just me reading too much into the situation.  While this Battlestar is a remake and not totally like the original series, they have carried over so many elements that I'm hoping I saw one more in this episode.  Let's look back at things that are similar between the two shows first, and I'm just going off of plain memory here.  There were twelve battlestars, one for each of the colonies, built at the beginning of the Cylon War.  A devastating suprirse attack by the Cylons destroys the twelve colonies and one lone battlestar survives to lead a rag-tag fleet of civilian ships to their last, great hope: Earth.

Gaius Baltar, a genius human, betrays humanity and allows the Cylon attack to succeed.  

Along the way they meet up with another surviving battlestar, the Pegasus. Despite conflict between the commanders of the Pegasus and Galactica, the two ships carry off a surprise attack against the Cylons.  Meanwhile, conflict between military and civilian leadership in the fleet causes problems for all ther survivors.

Now, how these common elements actually played out are vastly different, but at their core they are very similar.  Ron Moore and company have done a wonderful job updating these plot elements to a more modern, and gripping storyline.  I pray, I hope that they've done that now.  What storyline am I talking about?  Well, let's take a couple of samples from Maelstrom.

1.  Starbuck to Leoben in dream sequence:  You're not Leoben.  
Leoben:  No, I'm not.  I just appeared to you this way.
Starbuck:  Who are you?
Leoben:  I'm a guide, sent to show you the way to what lies beyond (or something like that).

2.  As Starbuck's viper plummets to the hard deck for the planet, several eery flashes of white light fill her cabin and visor, washing everything out for a few seconds.

3.  Following Starbuck down, for a split second we see a view out of Apollo's cockpit of Starbuck's Mk II viper and a Cylon Heavy Raider flying in front of her.  

Now, take these things together, and I think that maybe, just maybe, it's not Starbuck's a Cylon.  Does any fan of the original remember John and the ship of lights?  Remember how John and the others appeared as people known...maybe the 'cylon heavy raider' is a projection to make their ship look like something familiar to the colonials just as 'John' appears to Starbuck as Leoben because Leoben is familiar and in a very sick, twisted way looked upon as a 'guide' by Starbuck.  

Now, I didn't really like the ship of lights and "John" in the original...but if RDM and company do something as cool as the rest of their reimagining, well it might we worth it.  

Judge signing off here...

I'll see your Picard manuever and raise you with an Adama Maneuver.  Battlestar jumping into a planet's atmosphere kicks your butt every time!
He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline Sarek

• Commander
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2007, 01:32:37 pm »
That's an interesting thought.  We know that one of the Final Five will be revealed by the end of the season and that it will be someone we "know well".  It appears that they are setting up Starbuck to be the one but her "death" may be a red herring.  Something like the ship of lights plot could be an alternate way to bring her back.

Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.  – John Adams (1814)

www.lp.org

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2007, 03:23:42 pm »
I totally agree it is the new version's take on the ship of lights original.

Offline The_Joker

• Lt.
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2007, 04:55:03 pm »
I was actually thinking the same thing, I just couldn't remember why I thought so.  lol
"Look at him now, poor fellow. That's what a dose of reality does for you... Never touch the stuff myself, you understand. Find it gets in the way of the hallucinations."