Topic: BSG season 3.0 spoilers thread.  (Read 43024 times)

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
Re: BSG season 3.0 spoilers thread.
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 12:40:36 pm »
Well, the other thing that seemed to get me thinking Caprica Six is gone for good in physical form is how she damn near seamlessly appeared in Baltar's head after she was killed.
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2006, 12:55:11 pm »
Bear, you have to remember that Baltar appears in HER head when she isn't in the company of the real Baltar...both of them are having delusions about each other...
He who can master the data controls the world.

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2006, 01:22:07 pm »
I never noticed that.... ;)

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline Death_Merchant

• Commander
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2006, 01:36:27 pm »
  Now if the raiders are resurrected, why wouldn't they resurrect the Centurions?  They are still capable of learning from their mistakes, just like the raiders, and it would make them better warriors...
Adama states (source Sharon) that the Centurions are not sentient and cannot differentiate one skinjob from another. Their intelligence was limited to avoid the Cylons having to potentially face their own robotic rebellion....
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2006, 06:18:26 pm »

it was in the episode centered on Caprica Six and Galactica Sharon, the war heroes.  They got caught in a parking garage on Caprica along with Anders and D'Anna (Lucy Lawless).  Caprica ended up bashing in D'anna's head with a rock in order to save Anders...at the urging of the Baltar in her head (who in reversal of the Six in Baltar's head urges her to a more human-centric viewpoint). 

Offline The_Joker

• Lt.
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2006, 12:14:15 am »
Yap, because they're both nuckin' futz.
"Look at him now, poor fellow. That's what a dose of reality does for you... Never touch the stuff myself, you understand. Find it gets in the way of the hallucinations."

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2006, 01:10:11 am »
they are both fraking nuts. With that I agree (so says the guy with a license plate that says Frell U).

So say we all?

Offline Bartok

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2006, 09:06:35 am »
So Say We All -

Do any of y'all remember?  I think i remember there being mention of some sort of "putting someone in a box" a la Cylon resurrection, as a sort of "island of misfit toys / penalty box" -- wonder if Caprica 6's unique personality warrants her banishment...

or am i fraking misplacing this tidbit from another piece of scifi??

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2006, 09:18:33 am »

it was in the episode centered on Caprica Six and Galactica Sharon, the war heroes.  They got caught in a parking garage on Caprica along with Anders and D'Anna (Lucy Lawless).  Caprica ended up bashing in D'anna's head with a rock in order to save Anders...at the urging of the Baltar in her head (who in reversal of the Six in Baltar's head urges her to a more human-centric viewpoint). 

Guess I will have to put the "[sarc]" and "[/sarc]" markers in next time.... *snicker*

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2006, 03:44:15 pm »
So Say We All -

Do any of y'all remember?  I think i remember there being mention of some sort of "putting someone in a box" a la Cylon resurrection, as a sort of "island of misfit toys / penalty box" -- wonder if Caprica 6's unique personality warrants her banishment...

or am i fraking misplacing this tidbit from another piece of scifi??

The episode was part of "downloaded". Caprca 6 is assigned by 3 to help sharon adjust after her downloading. 6 warns sharon that if she doesn't start acting more typically for a cylon, that she might get "boxed". 6 also realizes that she is in danger of the same fate.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2006, 12:36:34 pm »
I like the progression and 'growth' of the Cylons.  A static enemy gets too boring after a time, but unlike the Borg of Star Trek, the growth of the Cylons only seems to make them even scarier.

Which is worse?  The War Heroes (Caprica 6 and Boomer 8) attempts to seduce humanity into loving them as benelovent oversees or the Brother Cayvil/D'ann Biers approach of just wiping out humans? 

BTW, I've always liked Dean Stockwell.  In Quantum Leap I actually liked his character more than Sam Beckett.  (The redemption factor in it was what appealed to me.)  Here, in BSG, he has really come into his own with the atheist, sex-loving, power-mad, genocidal cylon.

762_XC

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2006, 05:44:38 pm »
Stockwell is doing great with this role. I love his cavalier approach when handling Tigh in his cell. Tapping his hands on his chair, laughing about the hash marks, etc.

As far as scary cylons, Aaron is tops for me. Cold and calculating, he'll act your best friend to get what he wants from you (as he did with Jammer), and be ruthless and psychotic to do the same (as he did with Baltar).

Leoben is also a bit scary, because you get the impression he is constantly hanging by a thread.

Both of those guys are great actors.  :thumbsup:

Offline Toast

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2006, 10:16:47 pm »
Bsg just flat rocks man..........

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2006, 12:55:45 am »
Stockwell is doing great with this role. I love his cavalier approach when handling Tigh in his cell. Tapping his hands on his chair, laughing about the hash marks, etc.

As far as scary cylons, Aaron is tops for me. Cold and calculating, he'll act your best friend to get what he wants from you (as he did with Jammer), and be ruthless and psychotic to do the same (as he did with Baltar).

Leoben is also a bit scary, because you get the impression he is constantly hanging by a thread.

Both of those guys are great actors.  :thumbsup:

I take it you mean Doral, not Aaron.  :)

Doral is very scary.  Remember he was a PR (Public Relations) as his cover in the mini-series.  Leoben is frightening.  Let's just say I now see why so many gay britons have fantasies about that actor...He's the type you never know if he's going to go ballistic or frightening calm at any given moment.  Really, he is the perfect foil for Starbuck.  Those two, working in tandem, would be a scary couple for opponents to face.  You'd end up never knowing which way was up or down unless they told you what to think.

Again...the best sci fi isn't about the technology...it's about the people. 

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2006, 11:33:12 am »
What, no comments yet about last night's episode?  I do have a few besides "I liked it a lot" but they are kind of political so they won't go here.  One thing I absolutely did love was Cavil's reaction to being left injured beside the road.  His distaste at the pain of being injured and unable to rescue himself, left to suffer misery and pain since killing him would be too quick, and that he eventually killed himself by cutting open his carotid artery was just wonderful.  :)

I'm eagerly waiting to see what happens when Sharon learns her child IS alive...will her newly tested and proved loyalty to humanity survive? 

Starbuck SUCKS as a parent.

Roslyn is every bit as good as she was last year...and I can't wait to see her float between 'school teacher' and 'kick-ass President giving tough orders'.  I also liked how even though she DOESN'T have any 'legitimate' form of authority like she did immediately after the main cylon attack that destroyed the colonies, everyone still defers to her as the President.  It makes a lot of sense, she ran against Baltar on the platform that they shouldn't settle on the planet (Zarek, as Baltar's VP still supported the colonization and only rebelled when it came to collaborating with the toasters).  She was right, and now they're already thinking of her as the President, even though technically Zarek is next in line.  I think he's smart enough to not push the issue though...

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2006, 08:01:05 pm »
No comments either about the headaches getting worse every time Cavil downloads?  Is there trouble in download land?  :o   
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
  • Jusssst short of a 1000 Taldren posts, damn!!
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2006, 10:23:13 am »
I'm a bit suspicious about Jammer. If no one knows he is a collaborator, then why at the NCP grad ceremony does he try to say hello when he sees Duck? And just before Duck hits the detonate button Jammer seems to be in formation one row back on the right. Everbody is "floored" by the explosion, but theres Jammer later without a scratch? Could he be the next sleeper Cylon?
G.R.I.P. - Great Rid of Incumbent Politicians

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2006, 12:00:25 am »
I'm a bit suspicious about Jammer. If no one knows he is a collaborator, then why at the NCP grad ceremony does he try to say hello when he sees Duck? And just before Duck hits the detonate button Jammer seems to be in formation one row back on the right. Everbody is "floored" by the explosion, but theres Jammer later without a scratch? Could he be the next sleeper Cylon?

This has been discussed a bit on different boards, but I believe those in the know (as in production people) say that Jammer was in the room, but further away and was buried under bodies and had to push his way out...

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
  • Jusssst short of a 1000 Taldren posts, damn!!
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2006, 08:49:42 am »
Dude, you know a board where the production folks are talking!? Don't hold back, what site?
G.R.I.P. - Great Rid of Incumbent Politicians

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2006, 10:45:22 am »
Scifi.com....Ron Moore's blog...plus a few cast members and Ron's wife occasionally get involved in the arguments on Sci-Fi's board...